DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Super Spoiler PoV

Luckers

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, and this is a joke that only Aussies will get, but GO GO MOIRAINE RANGER!!!

I bet it's gonna be a darkfriend's POV, a character who's been in at least two books and who we (or at least the majority of the readers) hadn't suspected.

EDIT: Or maybe King Roedran of Murandy. Hmm...that idea's growing on me fast.

Super Secret Spoiler: Asmo's killer is revealed. I wont put money on it, but it seems to me that besides Demandred's whereabouts it really is the only secret that could be revealed in a prologue. Last prologues super secret was that the prophet had been manipulated by the forsaken and faile offed him. This could tie easily into a Greandal POV where she thinks to herself about either killing him or knowing who did right up until she sees a bright light and goes poof.

Well a Moiraine POV from within Finnland would certainly by uber-spoilery considering it clearly indicates she is still around.

Not really. It's been pretty clear since the Thom pulling the blue stone out of the flame dream that we knew she was coming back Heck, just look at the cover! No doubt about it.

More spoilery would be the resolution of some long-standing mystery (WTF is Demandred been up to / Semirhage revealed / who is Taim?) or something unexpected (Graendel still alive / someone revealed to be a DF or someone die).

I'm banking on the long-standing mystery position.

I don't think the prologues really advances the story and by advance I mean go forward in time of the main story. So unless this is a Brandon segment I don't think it will occur after TGS for the simple reason that I recall hearing half the prologue was TGS and the other half was TOM. It could be Greandal but we won't see her fake her death. I vote Moriane, aside from confirming she's alive it would also show us finnland, which we know next to nothing of. In a little while, we'll know.

This lends some weight to those who thought she had something to do with Elayne. Graendal does love the pretty ones, and the more important/powerful they are, the better.

Wouldn't it kick so much ass if Mat killed Graendal? Or Aviendha. Either one would rock. Moiraine...jeez, hasn't she killed enough of them by now? I feel like more would be cliche almost. Time for her to do something different. Cadsuane would be okay, but I'd rather Mat or Aviendha. :)

But yeah, could easily see Verin's letter saying something about plots on Elayne specifically, or the danger there.

This lends some weight to those who thought she had something to do with Elayne. Graendal does love the pretty ones, and the more important/powerful they are, the better.

Wouldn't it kick so much ass if Mat killed Graendal? Or Aviendha. Either one would rock. Moiraine...jeez, hasn't she killed enough of them by now? I feel like more would be cliche almost. Time for her to do something different. Cadsuane would be okay, but I'd rather Mat or Aviendha. :)

But yeah, could easily see Verin's letter saying something about plots on Elayne specifically, or the danger there.

From the way her PoV ended, I rather think Graendal is in Rand's entourage in Tear now. She was very pissed at Rand, and also made it clear that she will kill Nynaeve and Min to cause him pain of heart. Plus, she needs a bargaining chip to get into the DO's good graces. I think the plan will be to kill Min and Nynaeve.

I also find it very interesting that Graenndal can shield Aran'gar and Delana, wrap them in Air and open a Gateway all at once. She has a small angreal, but all this still means she's quite a bit stronger than many assumed.

From the way her PoV ended, I rather think Graendal is in Rand's entourage in Tear now. She was very pissed at Rand, and also made it clear that she will kill Nynaeve and Min to cause him pain of heart. Plus, she needs a bargaining chip to get into the DO's good graces. I think the plan will be to kill Min and Nynaeve.

I also find it very interesting that Graenndal can shield Aran'gar and Delana, wrap them in Air and open a Gateway all at once. She has a small angreal, but all this still means she's quite a bit stronger than many assumed.

I think surprise had a lot to deal with it, Aran'gar was very distracted, and I don't think Delana's power was all that great, compared to Graendal's.

Good call (I read it too fast the first time, as usual - I'm a horrible skimmer when I'm excited). I see Demandred as being a more likely antagonist for Elayne anyway.

Also...Delana? Ew.

Yeah, Aran'gar really is desperately horny, eh?

The question is, did anyone significant join Rand's group after Natrin's barrow? I don't think so. Graendal may well have chosen to stay in the extreme periphery. She needs to scout out this much more dangerous Rand, who is also accompanied by a woman who can undo Graendal's compulsion. I think she won't easily give up the safety and security of Rand thinking she's dead. I have a sinking feeling she's going to take a bite when it'll really hurt. For the first time, a Foresaken really scared me. She's certainly the most competent one we've seen.

As to the surprise thing... remember that Graendal was extremely surprised too, and was barely able to get hold of saidar.

That would have been upsetting if Arangar hadn't bit the dust instead, at least one of the forsaken died. In all honesty I think I rather it end that way anyway since Graendal was a much cooler character than the man reborn as a woman. It was funny at first, but after awhile it just got one dimensional. So what does that leave? Moridin, Lanfear/Cyndane, the Mogster, Mesanna, Demandred and Greandal? That is unless the DO wants to bring back another (with how badly most of them are doing I can see him not bothering). I wonder who will be the next to come into direct conflict, I doubt it will be Greandal since she is as spooked as a carp at a beasty boys concert.

Well, I won't lie and say that I was happy that Graendal made it, but I am glad at least one of the FS went down permanently. I suppose too much had been made of her cleverness and resourcefulness for her to be killed in that manner. I hope Nyn is the one to take her down then, perhaps one of the few Lightside channelers who could maybe match her in saidar. Graendal will be gunning for Nyn, after all, so hopefully it is Nyn that can kill her instead.

Bye Balthamel, you won't really be missed...

Well, the predictions that I made in the official ToM prediction page are going to hell already. :P Dammit Graendal!

ToM is going to a VERY interesting book. I greatly want to see a Nynaeve or Aviendha showdown versus Graendal. Also, Graendal could be the one that finally takes out Cadsuane. This book is going to get bloody.

Archived