DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Bodyswap Theory

Luckers

I have posted on here before about my idea that Rand will die and go into TAR, how he will die i have no idea, but anyway he will die and his soul will end up in TAR.

so this can happen (EGWENE DREAMING: A man lay dying in a narrow bed, and it was important that he not die, yet outside a funeral pyre was being built, and voices raised songs of joy and sadness. [ACOS: 10, Unseen Eyes, 203]) (thanks to Luckers for making that easy to just copy), anyway while thats going on there will be a lot of fighting and people thinking that its all gone wrong and that the DO has won,

now there are two parts to my theory in which Nynaeve will go to TAR and rip him out of the dream like what happened to Birgitte, and Nyneave saw Moghedien do it and now she knows how it is done,

so my first one is that he will die and go to TAR and Nyneave will rip him out and when that happens Rand will return to his body, so he has died and then will live again but in his own body with all its flaws and there are people surrounding him to heal or bond him to keep him alive when this is done.

My second on again starts with him dying and Nyneave having to go and rip him out of the dream again but first they are setting up the funeral pyre as soon as he passes to destroy his body so that when Nyneave rips him out of the dream he will come back with a brand new body (un damaged), weather he would look like himself or weather he would look like LTT would be interesting and he would have all the memories of his previous lives and know what he has done wrong and possibly how to destroy the existing seals and understand what he did wrong last time to make them properly to seal the DO up for good, and again there would be people waiting for him to appear after being ripped out to heal or bond to keep him alive.

anyways let me know what you think about my idea.

:)

If he end up in TAR, won't he get all is memories of previous lifes?

Birgitte had all her memories for a while, and they are only fading after a long time out in the world.

With Rand having knowloedge of all his previous incarnations, then he will also know how recapturing the Dark One, which I assume have been done at least a few times before, was made the previous ages.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he end up in TAR, won't he get all is memories of previous lifes?

Birgitte had all her memories for a while, and they are only fading after a long time out in the world.

With Rand having knowloedge of all his previous incarnations, then he will also know how recapturing the Dark One, which I assume have been done at least a few times before, was made the previous ages.

good point! Note however that RJ said that Fain is unique to this age and has never happened before so he can mess things up unpredictably, but you are right, such a scenario should presumably give Rand memories of all his past lives. Of course Rand is unique in many ways so maybe this won't apply in his case somehow but that would be a bit of cheating IMO.

Rand got all those memories on Dragonmount and it didn't give him any epiphanies. But perhaps those memories are necessary for him to win. And I wouldn't consider it cheating, in that case, but I still doubt the memories will help him much.

I can't remember who it is but someone is describing basically a multiverse of different planes/dimensions in which the DO might already have won, or was never let out of his cage.

I think you got it backwards. It was Verin, TDR, when she gives Egwene the Dream ter'angreal, but what she actually said was that the DO is a constant in all (mirror) worlds, either Sealed or free in all of them.

Yeah I didn't word that properly, by the DO has already won, I meant that hes escaped, or been set free, or was never sealed in the first place, take your pick. I know that he wouldn't have won the last battle, but to me if he's free to do whatever he wants it's kinda like he has won. Maybe not a complete and final victory, but a victory over that world nonetheless. What do you think about the idea that Rand may have to venture to another realm (most likely TAR) to truly defeat the DO?

Although Fain will definitely have some strange role in the end, honestly I kinda see him doing something that ends up helping the light somehow. Not intentionally obviously, his soul is way too far away from the light, but perhaps unintentionally like a Gollum style maneuver. I just feel like hes too much of a wild card, and while he will definitely endanger Rand at some point, I feel the DO and other darkfriends have always been very wary of him. Not only that, but you get this feeling from him throughout the novels that HE wants to be the one to kill Rand, he's got major beef with him, and he would possibly even prevent another baddie from killing Rand. I see him taking down Shaidar Haran. Noone else would really have the tools to match up against SH since he negates channelers and is physiologically way superior to any regular fighter. Fain would be the perfect character to offset some of SH's abilities and SH probably wouldn't even pay him any attention since he can't channel and already has the DO taint on him. After Fain takes SH out, I would say Mat shows up to save Rand by offing Fain in some way. Not sure who Perrin ends up matching up with.

I can't remember who it is but someone is describing basically a multiverse of different planes/dimensions in which the DO might already have won, or was never let out of his cage.

I think you got it backwards. It was Verin, TDR, when she gives Egwene the Dream ter'angreal, but what she actually said was that the DO is a constant in all (mirror) worlds, either Sealed or free in all of them.

Yeah I didn't word that properly, by the DO has already won, I meant that hes escaped, or been set free, or was never sealed in the first place, take your pick.

I think you're still missing my point, and Verin has put it better than I can, so:

"No, child. There is one Creator, who exists everywhere at once for all of these worlds. In the same way, there is only one Dark One, who also exists in all of these worlds at once. If he is freed from the prison the Creator made in one world, he is freed on all. So long as he is kept prisoner in one, he remains imprisoned on all."

Just to throw it out there...

What if Alvia and Rand attacked Moridin, killing him and thus through the link ending in Rand's death... BUT using Slayers trick of recovering from wounds, repaired his own body (something which perrin could learn and pass on?)

Rand could be on the funeral pyre and come too just before they light it.

What if Alvia and Rand attacked Moridin, killing him and thus through the link ending in Rand's death... BUT using Slayers trick of recovering from wounds, repaired his own body (something which perrin could learn and pass on?)

You cannot heal yourself. One of the limitations to the One Power.

The thing Slayer mention in ToM is something that is part of T'A'R.

Yeah I didn't word that properly, by the DO has already won, I meant that hes escaped, or been set free, or was never sealed in the first place, take your pick.

I think you're still missing my point, and Verin has put it better than I can, so:

"No, child. There is one Creator, who exists everywhere at once for all of these worlds. In the same way, there is only one Dark One, who also exists in all of these worlds at once. If he is freed from the prison the Creator made in one world, he is freed on all. So long as he is kept prisoner in one, he remains imprisoned on all."

Whoops yeah I guess I did misremember that quote. Kinda goes with that whole cryptic Aes Sedai answer talk though, I dunno it would seem kinda lame if it's just a physical battle or battle with OP/TP with DO. I want multidimensional Dragons! Rand could be like Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap and he'd go portal stone to portal stone righting wrongs in the various turnings of the wheel of time!

You cannot heal yourself. One of the limitations to the One Power.

The thing Slayer mention in ToM is something that is part of T'A'R.

That i understand, but Rand has access to TAR though he must go there fully. what im saying is what if it's possible for him to somehow learn slayers trick about healing himself using TAR.

• 1 month later...

My thoughts on body swap?

1.logain kills Taim

2.logains soul is consumed by a draghker during TG (spelt that wrong didn't I)

3.Rand, using the "extra feature" in callandor, sends his soul to logains soulless body

4.Rands body dies

This is supported by the glorg and power min sees around logain, and also the scene where logain steps over rands body.

• 10 months later...

My thoughts:

1. First of all i'll state where I stand. Really have to disagree with this theory. Seems to absurd to me, in my opinion. I'm not saying 'haha, how stupid can you be to believe this'. Just seems too extraordinary if you know what I mean.

2. Theory itself. Body swapping... this whole link between Moridin (that's his name right? haven't read ToM for a while :mellow:) and Rand is just well.. a link. I don't see it suddenly turning into some magical pathway to swap souls. And what would happen if Moridin was in Rand's body? He would wreak carnage: rape, pillage, death, you name it. Dragon Reborn would become an image of death and destruction. Also, i'm sure Rand would not like to leave his body: I imagine he quite likes his body being tall and handsome (not the main points) and obviously having gotten used to it's functions and limits and strengths and so on.

3. Side point on Aviendha's babes. So this one point of the kid having dark hair means 'oh he definitely can't be Rand's body's child'. Um, no. It can. The fact that they channel all the time means why can't they have dark hair; could be another odd thing about them (or him/her). Could be a mixture of Aviendha's red hair and Rand's, oh wait, DARK red hair (quote from WoT wikia on Rand Al'Thor). And dark hair does not mean black hair... or brown hair or whatever. (it did say dark hair right...?). Also, genes mutate. Also genes from Rand's ancestors... there's no reason to say why they can't suddenly be implanted into a child. Genes are random.

4. Rand seems like a demi-god now... well he seems like one. He repels the DO's taint in the world, that's not human: that's godly. Also, some other person mentioned being the Dragon Reborn and all, it's not surprising if he dies and suddenly pops up and says 'what's up guys?'. I really would not be surprised (obviously there would be some explanation... I hope.) He doesn't need to transfer his soul to another person. Also, romance wise, it would be very awkward for his three lovers. I mean, you wouldn't have intimacy with some guy/girl who could have your lover's soul in it, not unless it's your lover's body as well. You just wouldn't believe it and it would be very awkard.

5. This might be far fetched but Rand has some link with the DO since the DO kept invading his dreams and fighting him in the early books. You could imply from this theory that the DO and Rand could swap bodies. (sounds silly, yes... maybe everyone should ignore this...).

One thing I will say... souls leaving bodies: I find that plausible. Perhaps Rand's soul might leave his body and the DO's essence/soul might leave his physical form to have some... soul fight (what the hell right?) in TG/LB. But soul transfers.. momentarily, yes. For a while or permanently: not a chance in hell for me.

So yeah. I will now prepare myself for a barrage of points which will likely make me look stupid. :biggrin:

2. Theory itself. Body swapping... this whole link between Moridin (that's his name right? haven't read ToM for a while :mellow:) and Rand is just well.. a link. I don't see it suddenly turning into some magical pathway to swap souls. And what would happen if Moridin was in Rand's body? He would wreak carnage: rape, pillage, death, you name it. Dragon Reborn would become an image of death and destruction. Also, i'm sure Rand would not like to leave his body: I imagine he quite likes his body being tall and handsome (not the main points) and obviously having gotten used to it's functions and limits and strengths and so on.

Channeling is a soul attribute and Rand can access the TP through his link with Moridin. They mirror each others pain, thoughts etc..not sure why you would think the swap would be far fetched given the rest. As for Rand his body is close to ruined with the loss of his hand and never healing wounds in his side.

4. Rand seems like a demi-god now... well he seems like one. He repels the DO's taint in the world, that's not human: that's godly.

He has been connected to the land for some time now. Crops failing and food rotting isn't a recent phenomenon. It's the old Fisher King concept...

There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow,

for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he is one with the land.

Theory itself. Body swapping... this whole link between Moridin (that's his name right? haven't read ToM for a while :mellow:) and Rand is just well.. a link. I don't see it suddenly turning into some magical pathway to swap souls.

I agree with this. But Min's viewing does suggest something resembling a merge, and we're already seeing the signs of that. Rand has been unknowingly thinking Moridin's thoughts since COT at the latest. It's so subtle, he seems to be unaware of it.

And what would happen if Moridin was in Rand's body? He would wreak carnage: rape, pillage, death, you name it. Dragon Reborn would become an image of death and destruction.

There is foreshadowing for that, so it's not really a good argument against. Rand is going to break the world again.

Also, i'm sure Rand would not like to leave his body: I imagine he quite likes his body being tall and handsome (not the main points) and obviously having gotten used to it's functions and limits and strengths and so on.

His women have gotten used to it as well, whatever that's worth. I think it's a little creepy.

Rand seems like a demi-god now... well he seems like one. He repels the DO's taint in the world, that's not human: that's godly.

Actually, the taint was Rand's in the first place. He repelled his own taint in the world.

Also, some other person mentioned being the Dragon Reborn and all, it's not surprising if he dies and suddenly pops up and says 'what's up guys?'. I really would not be surprised (obviously there would be some explanation... I hope.)

Resurrection by Nynaeve via Tel'aran'rhiod. :myrddraal:

This might be far fetched but Rand has some link with the DO since the DO kept invading his dreams and fighting him in the early books. You could imply from this theory that the DO and Rand could swap bodies. (sounds silly, yes... maybe everyone should ignore this...).

That wasn't the Dark One, but Ishamael, who was called Ba'alzamon then, and is called Moridin now.

Edited to add: And he could invade Rand's dreams because he is a talented Dreamer, not because they had a link. Presumably. Moridin presumably tried and failed to invade Rand's dreams when he returned, because he didn't seem to realize that he could again until TGS when Rand showed up in his dream. That's because, while Ishamael was dead (before Moridin appeared), Asmodean taught Rand how to ward his dreams. But the link between them, which appears to be strengthening over time, has apparently made it possible for either of them to invade the other's dreams, from inside the wards, so to speak. Rand did it in TGS, and Moridin wondered aloud how he had done it, and eventually answered his own question. Then he invaded Rand's dream in TOM.

Actually, the taint was Rand's in the first place. He repelled his own taint in the world.

Totally agree with that. 'The land is one with the Dragon' and all.

Sorry; off-topic.

To me, the body-swap thing is something I could see happening 'just cos'. I'm not entirely convinced that it will, and if it did I'd question how well it really fitted with WoT cosmology up to this point. In general I'm not a fan of freaky Friday stuff, but then RJ would have come up with it before that stuff got so hackneyed.

Channeling is a soul attribute and Rand can access the TP through his link with Moridin. They mirror each others pain, thoughts etc..not sure why you would think the swap would be far fetched given the rest. As for Rand his body is close to ruined with the loss of his hand and never healing wounds in his side.

Erm... I still think it's far fetched.

And his body is not really close to ruin at all: he's lost a hand and has one never healing wound in his side. Big woop, he's lived with it for ages now. I wouldn't be surprised if in TG he somehow made himself a hand of light temporarily to fight with. Also, Mat's now lost an eye and his body is still sort of aged/withered slightly due to the effects of having the dagger in TEoTW and tGH (obviously very little visible effect now but still...). You might say that's ruin but again it's not. He's just lost an eye. Like Rand's mainly just lost a hand. His body's still in perfect shape and form.

The main reasons I believe body swap won't happen is because of his three women romance, that he could heal his body somehow and that I still find it too... absurd, far-fetched: just wouldn't fit in WoT for me. Links are fine, that I can understand but if there be moving of souls, it will be merging or something. Not swapping, or there will be temporary swapping then back again.

Theory itself. Body swapping... this whole link between Moridin (that's his name right? haven't read ToM for a while :mellow:) and Rand is just well.. a link. I don't see it suddenly turning into some magical pathway to swap souls.

I agree with this. But Min's viewing does suggest something resembling a merge, and we're already seeing the signs of that. Rand has been unknowingly thinking Moridin's thoughts since COT at the latest. It's so subtle, he seems to be unaware of it.

And what would happen if Moridin was in Rand's body? He would wreak carnage: rape, pillage, death, you name it. Dragon Reborn would become an image of death and destruction.

There is foreshadowing for that, so it's not really a good argument against. Rand is going to break the world again.

Also, i'm sure Rand would not like to leave his body: I imagine he quite likes his body being tall and handsome (not the main points) and obviously having gotten used to it's functions and limits and strengths and so on.

His women have gotten used to it as well, whatever that's worth. I think it's a little creepy.

Rand seems like a demi-god now... well he seems like one. He repels the DO's taint in the world, that's not human: that's godly.

Also, some other person mentioned being the Dragon Reborn and all, it's not surprising if he dies and suddenly pops up and says 'what's up guys?'. I really would not be surprised (obviously there would be some explanation... I hope.)

Resurrection by Nynaeve via Tel'aran'rhiod. :myrddraal:

Hmm... well, I don't mind merging of souls. I'm inclined to believe perhaps Moridin and Rand may merge but what occurs then... I would imagine Rand's soul sort of squashes Moridin's out but now he has some of Moridin in his head now, like a Lews Therin replacement but not utterly insane, etc. Some of his body could also heal using Moridin's power maybe? I am inclined to believe Rand can heal himself with Moridin's soul/power. But a body swap, Rand into Moridin and vice versa: I imagine Moridin would be horrified, go on a rampage and commit suicide. If this ever occurs, before of after TG, is another matter.

But yeah, Min's viewings. 'Quotemistress', if you believe merging will happen, I agree. I just find body swapping a step too far, over thinking the possibilities of this 'link'.

Resurrection I agree on, Rand will somehow just get back up once he dies. He's a tough dude. Living with no right hand (it is right, right?), aching never healing wound and a mad voice in his head along with nausea from trying to seize saidin: he'll be resurrected for sure, if he dies. By Nynaeve in Tel'aran'rhiod, I don't know. Sounds quite plausible. I would have thought Egwene and Nynaeve: healing skills + dreaming skills combined? With some Wise Ones help maybe?

Back to topic though. The bit about the world once again being broken by the DR. It could easily be this 'Dragon's Peace' causing the Seanchan and Aiel war in Aviendha's future: that could definitely break the world after TG. Or perhaps another backlash by the DO on Asha'man and Rand? Debatable. Could be Moridin taking over if Rand and his soul merges (or if there's a body swap which I really don't think will happen).

The bit about Rand repelling his own taint, I don't get that. I thought at the beginning of ToM there was some thought description by the farmer dude who sees Rand about how this man repels the taint of the DO on this world or something; he sees a light around Rand and the clouds or general darkness in the sky (not night time) disperses or something. Or since I haven't read ToM in a while I could be thoroughly incorrect.

The bit about Rand's women (god, sounds so wrong...) getting used to his body (again, so wrong...), do you mean his lack of a hand per say is creepy or something else? Also, touching on one of the main points which bars body-swap, is the romance bit. If Rand swap's bodies, it kinda ruins the romance sort of since how can they trust some guy who says he has Rand's soul in him. I mean they wouldn't get too 'intimate' with him since they may not believe it's him at all or like I said before, it's just too awkward and I feel, ruins the romance. It's got to be Rand Rand and women, not Moridin/'some other guy' Rand and women.

Note: if I sound like I'm 'bashing' sorry. I'm seriously not (or rather trying not to :unsure:), I just don't see a permanent body swap happening. If it's any help, it's like in some games or other books where people think of some theory, it gains loads of support and agreement, but then what everyone expected happens yet everyone is still happy with the book/game/etc. Such as Inheritance Cycle, everyone had loads of theories on who the green dragon rider was yet it turned out to be Arya which was most logical. Or a game example such as Mass Effect 3, everyone has crazy ideas on how the 'rubbish' ending may work, one called the Indoctrination Theory. Yet when the fix or patch comes out it's likely going to be some simple explanation. A lot of people I find tend to over think these things... that's great: imagination, speculation, I love to participate in discussions or debate about theories, etc. In the end though, sometimes the author's don't really symmetrize us. Also, I'm guessing most people on this site have seen the video blog released by Sanderson about RJ's ending on youtube or his site...? He said it was a satisfying ending and he loved it and he thinks the fans will love it. Sounds to me like a logical, simple ending. Just saying.

And his body is not really close to ruin at all: he's lost a hand and has one never healing wound in his side. Big woop, he's lived with it for ages now. I wouldn't be surprised if in TG he somehow made himself a hand of light temporarily to fight with. Also, Mat's now lost an eye and his body is still sort of aged/withered slightly due to the effects of having the dagger in TEoTW and tGH (obviously very little visible effect now but still...). You might say that's ruin but again it's not. He's just lost an eye. Like Rand's mainly just lost a hand. His body's still in perfect shape and form.

Not 1 but 2 criss crossed never healing wounds, combined with the loss of a hand can not under any circumstances be called perfect shape and form. Also I can't recall...did his eye sight ever get better?

4. Rand seems like a demi-god now... well he seems like one. He repels the DO's taint in the world, that's not human: that's godly. Also, some other person mentioned being the Dragon Reborn and all, it's not surprising if he dies and suddenly pops up and says 'what's up guys?'. I really would not be surprised (obviously there would be some explanation... I hope.) He doesn't need to transfer his soul to another person. Also, romance wise, it would be very awkward for his three lovers. I mean, you wouldn't have intimacy with some guy/girl who could have your lover's soul in it, not unless it's your lover's body as well. You just wouldn't believe it and it would be very awkard.

Is Rand actually godly though and "repelling" the DO's taint is not the right wording.

The pattern itself is the DO's prison and Rand, as tav'eren, it's his job to fix the pattern.

So where ever Rand goes now, he "corrects" or strengthens the pattern. Cancelling the DO's ability to get through the pattern, his prison, around Rand.

Kind of like an open tap, Rand is not forcing or repelling the water back into the tap, he is simply shutting off the tap.

The food on the ships in BE is a good example, Rand didn't "fix" the food, he just cut off the DO from continuing to affect it.

On another note, if Rand is indeed thinking Moridin's thoughts, the reverse would also be true and shouldn't that lend some further credence to the possibility of Moridin being the one that comes back to the light?

Perhaps that is for another thread though.

The bit about Rand's women (god, sounds so wrong...) getting used to his body (again, so wrong...), do you mean his lack of a hand per say is creepy or something else? Also, touching on one of the main points which bars body-swap, is the romance bit. If Rand swap's bodies, it kinda ruins the romance sort of since how can they trust some guy who says he has Rand's soul in him. I mean they wouldn't get too 'intimate' with him since they may not believe it's him at all or like I said before, it's just too awkward and I feel, ruins the romance. It's got to be Rand Rand and women, not Moridin/'some other guy' Rand and women.

I can see it now.

"Okay, I believe you. You are Rand." Elayne squinted at him critically. "But, for all that, turns out I was only into you for your looks. Sorry dude...."

Not 1 but 2 criss crossed never healing wounds, combined with the loss of a hand can not under any circumstances be called perfect shape and form. Also I can't recall...did his eye sight ever get better?

Yes, but you can hardly call that ruin... but yeah, my bad, not really perfect shape or form. I just mean it's not ruin at all and it's still quite useable: fighting, moving, etc. I'm pretty sure his eye-sight got better. I don't recall the books touching on it, after the end of tGS and in ToM anyway. And OK, so let's say he does body swap, so then if Moridin/whoever's body then say loses a leg or something, is he just going to swap again? Back to his original body or someone else's? And like I said before, he's lived with it for ages now... perhaps if he dies and is resurrected in Tel'aran'rhiod, maybe he might get his hand back and his wounds healed in the process? Also, like I said before, maybe he likes this body and would be very weird if he suddenly swaps into another one.. what would he feel like? Overjoyed that 'yes, I have two hands!' or what...

Is Rand actually godly though and "repelling" the DO's taint is not the right wording.

The pattern itself is the DO's prison and Rand, as tav'eren, it's his job to fix the pattern.

So where ever Rand goes now, he "corrects" or strengthens the pattern. Cancelling the DO's ability to get through the pattern, his prison, around Rand.

Kind of like an open tap, Rand is not forcing or repelling the water back into the tap, he is simply shutting off the tap.

The food on the ships in BE is a good example, Rand didn't "fix" the food, he just cut off the DO from continuing to affect it.

On another note, if Rand is indeed thinking Moridin's thoughts, the reverse would also be true and shouldn't that lend some further credence to the possibility of Moridin being the one that comes back to the light?

Perhaps that is for another thread though.

Ah, OK. This was definitely my misunderstanding, sorry guys.

About Moridin, who else would come back to the light (other than Moridin) or am I not reading this correctly?

I can see it now.

"Okay, I believe you. You are Rand." Elayne squinted at him critically. "But, for all that, turns out I was only into you for your looks. Sorry dude...."

OK, that's really not at all what I meant :dry:. It's obvious his women don't love him for his looks or they would have left him ages ago: missing hand and ugly never healing wounds. The way I said makes it sounds like that though, sorry again. Ah... it's quite hard to put across in words what I mean, um... Alright. I'll just say, in my opinion, it would be... weird. Don't know how else to illustrate this with words. Also the bonding, does that affect the soul, the body or both? I thought it would be both because it senses emotions and physical pains. So, what would happen to that? OK, they could bond the new Rand again but still... I just think maybe there would be some complications?

Side note, what about his golden scaly dragons on his arms and his, well, now one branded heron (previously two)? Those are kind of important aren't they, for making everyone know or realise he is (or was sort of, after TG) the DR? Maybe they won't be after TG, I was just wondering.

I feel like I'm being bashed here, guess it's my bad for not brushing up on WoT stuff...

This body swap idea is too complicated for WoT. I think the link was formed between Rand and Moridin to form a plot device for Rand to access the TP which is going to be used to seal the bore.

How is Moridin's body better than Rand?. With the black flecks increasing in frequency it is wonder Moridin can even see properly.

The Pattern being the Dark One's prison; I have doubts about that.

-I recall from somewhere that the Creator and the Dark One are both outside of the Pattern.

-The Pattern seems to consist the actions of all people. Balefire undoes the recent actions of its victims. Whole cities were balefired during the War of Power.

This body swap idea is too complicated for WoT. I think the link was formed between Rand and Moridin to form a plot device for Rand to access the TP which is going to be used to seal the bore.

True Power used at Shayol Ghul will fry you instantly. It won't work. LTT thought (EotW) he'd made a mistake believing humans could mend what the Creator had made. I'm not sure what that means, but the Dragon Reborn will probably have to be present somewhere near Shayol Ghul when the Bore is unmade. True Power isn't the answer, though.

Interview: Oct 9th, 1996

ACOS Signing Report - Erica Sadun (Paraphrased)

Question

New Dreadlords? Via True Power? What are limits of True Power? When did we see it used before?

Robert Jordan

Access to the True Power is a matter of wanting it and the Dark One letting you. NOT black cords. In the Prologue to The Eye of the World we saw True Power used to heal insanity. The One Power cannot be used to heal insanity. True Power used at Shayol Ghul will fry you instantly.

]True Power used at Shayol Ghul will fry you instantly. It won't work. LTT thought (EotW) he'd made a mistake believing humans could mend what the Creator had made. I'm not sure what that means, but the Dragon Reborn will probably have to be present somewhere near Shayol Ghul when the Bore is unmade. True Power isn't the answer, though.

In theory, drawing TP through Moridin might act as a "buffer" that allows Rand to wield it even at Shayol Ghul. Basically, if Moridin is not at SG at the time and Rand uses True Power through Moridin, then the actual original use of TP (Moridin drawing TP to himself) is not happening at SG, even if Rand's use is. A potential loophole there that would allow it.

That being said, I agree that True Power probably won't be the answer to properly sealing the DO. Though it might play some other role I guess, such as maybe being used to distract the DO or against Shaidar Haran or whatever. Given True Powers utterly evil nature, it would have to be something pretty big or desperate for the new enlightened Rand to touch it again though.

Archived