A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football - Premier league 10/11

Majsju

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh, I was starting to worry that with United in poor form (Still undefeated in all campaigns, but way too many draws), Chelski would run away and have a lead with 8-9 points at new years. Then Chelski started to lose, so it seem that it will be really tight when 2011 kicks off. And traditionally, United are always stronger after the holidays...

• 1 month later...

Well, how about that...United are nowhere near good form, and yetthey stay unbeaten, while all the competitors keep losing points. Especially Liverpool, whose main battle this season seems to be to avoid relegation, rather than figthin for a CL spot biggrin.gif And Chelski, who looked to be on their way to have secured the title in jan-feb, suddenly finds themselves outside the top four, and runs the risk of missing out CL as well.

Good news for liverpool, Benitez just got fired from Inter, and is looking for a job...biggrin.gif

Wouldn't that be exciting!

And I am still debating about whether to get a ticket to see the Saints take on United in the FA Cup. It all depends if I have to work overtime that weekend, since that is the last weekend before tax returns are due in...

We may do, but we remember the days of tormenting United! How about that Egil Østenstad hat-trick in the amazing 6-3 win in 1996 down at The Dell? And all the media went on about was United grey shirts - not the fact the Saints outplayed United. Or the 3-1 win back in 1995? How can we forget Massimo Taibi's howler that let Matt Le Tissier score at Old Trafford in a 3-3 draw? Ah, happy days!

We really needed a striker who can poach goals. In terms of league goals this season our strikers have scored the following.

Heskey - 3

Bent - 1 (good start!)

Delfouneso - 1

Gabby - 0

Carew - 0

Midfield isn't really an issue I don't think unless Young leaves.

Defence looked better yesterday but that has been a major worry.

Well, I'm kinda old school, in that I think you build a team from behind, ie defence first, then midfield, and attack last.

Of course, if Bent continues to help us by scoring against those hunting us, I will happily admit it was a brilliant buybiggrin.gif

Who is up for "accidently" pushing Berbatov and Rooney down some stairs before Saturday? :biggrin:

*rant*

And on a different note, I wish teams like Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool would get lost when it comes to quality youngsters in lower leagues. Instead of pinching our stars, work on your youth facilities for English players instead of foreigners. I know that Southampton has a youth set up that many Premier League teams envy, but I am getting fed up with stories over Adam Oxlade-Chamberlain being linked to a move away. He is going to learn more playing week in, week out for us than sitting in the reserves of the above.

*end of rant*

we have spent so much on a defence and it is still poor...

Midfield we are fairly okay now but strikers really concerned me and has done for years.

Corki there is a simple solution to that problem with youngsters...get promoted twice...

Corki, if we rest Rooney/Berbatov, we still have Chicharito to throw in. You know, the kid already named "the new Solskjaer" because of his nose for goal biggrin.gif

And I would not be surprised to see Chicharito from start. There will be some rotation of players, so i think berba will start on the bench. I also suspect Obertan will get a start on the left wing, which could be exciting. Poor kid is in a tough spot right now, too good for the reserves, not quite good enough for the first team, at least not for the PL or CL games. Or, Fabio on LB, so Evra can get a much needed rest. i don't think SAF would want to rotate the entire left side, so it is either Fabio or Obertan. And hopefully Lindegaard can get his first team debut.

My favourite football blog drew my attention to this little incident in the Oz league...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzCtRa2SE&feature=related

The offender? Kevin Muscat. A long career has seen him rewarded with 99 yellow and 12 red cards. Among his victims are Craig Bellamy and Christophe Dugarry, both sent to hospital in 2000 after reckless tackles by this maniac. The bloke in the clip misses the rest of the season because his knee was injured in the situation.

And kids today complain about De Jong...

Archived