DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football - Premier league 10/11

Majsju

And lots of rumours about Phil Jones going to United from Blackburn. Of course, I believe it when I see it on manutd.com, and not a moment before. Though interestingly, the talk started shortly after rumours started about Johnny Evans going to Bolton.

And what seemed a done deal yesterday, sanchez to Barcelona from Udinese, is all of a sudden not as done. Bringing united back in the race.

Real Madrid sees their chance at getting Neymar, after the Brazilian wonderkid turned down a huge bid from Chelsea.

Carl Jenkinson from Charlton to Arsenal is apparently a done deal.

Regarding the Henderson-deal, rumour has it N'Gog is part of the payment.

QPR wants to boost their defence after their return to PL, and have targeted Arsenals Eboue.

Lilles striker Gervinho seemed to be headed to Arsenal, but now City wants to get involved.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour has it United has signed Ashley Young. not sure what I think about that. Good player, absolutely, but is he United-material?

Arsenal is rumoured to be going after Barcelonas Bojan, who sees his chances of playing getting even less as Guisseppe Rossi moves from illareal to Barca.

Sunderland is counting the money they got from selling Henderson to Liverpool. and is now looking at United for reinforcements. Apparently they are going to try to bid for a trio: Brown, Gibson and O'Shea. I can easily see Brown and Gibbo go, not so sure about O'Shea.

Ajax Christian Eriksen has been a target for Liverpool and Chelsea for some time, now Milan joins the race.

Bendtners chances of ending up in bayern has increased, as klose indeed has left. Though, in the last minute he signed for Lazio instead of Valencia.

Citys Boateng wants to go back home to Germany, and play for Bayern.

Lukaku, branded "the new Drogba" is on his way to move from Anderlect to Chelsea.

Nott's County FTW!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's actually Notts County - there is no apostrophe! :tongue:

I am a bit disappointed there is no news about Southampton strengthening their squad for a tilt at promotion from the Championship, which I think is feasible after being promoted this season. And as long as we keep hold of Adam Oxlade-Chamberlain, the summer transfer window will have been successful!

I see Steve "Umbrella" McClaren is now at Nottingham Forest after Billy Davies went. And Dave Jones left Cardiff. And Alex McLeish has left Birmingham City. It would appear the manager merry-go-round of the Championship is in full swing!

I am a bit disappointed there is no news about Southampton strengthening their squad for a tilt at promotion from the Championship, which I think is feasible after being promoted this season. And as long as we keep hold of Adam Oxlade-Chamberlain, the summer transfer window will have been successful!

Actually, I heard some rumours that United might offer Brown and obertan as part of a deal for O-C. Very unlikely, but still rumoursbiggrin.gif

And I would hope we would turn that offer down. While we do need additional centre backs, I would hope we would go for a younger player than Wes Brown.

I also know Arsenal (surprise surprise) and Liverpool have shown interest in Oxlade-Chamberlain as well.

United is once again said to be going after Alexis Sanchez.

Sebastian Larsson might be making a quite surprising return to Arsenal, after a couple of years with Birmingham.

Chelsea is fighting with Real Madrid and Barcelona over Palermos Pastore.

Sunderland seems to have landed the first of their United-targets in Gibson.

Everton is interested in Rasmus Elm from AZ.

Cardiff has gotten a new manager - Alan Shearer. His first real job as a manager, after 8 games as caretaker for Newcastle in 2009.

Bolton needs to replace Elmander, who has moved to galatasary. the replacement is said to be Cameron Jerome from Birmingham.

Chelsea is rumoured to be prepared to offer cash+Drogba for Modric.

Drogba in a Tottenham shirt would be a sight to see.

Also Nolan off to WEST HAM. WHAT THE!?

I get the Allardyce connection but... From Premier League midtable Newcastle to relegated and woefull West Ham?

I can only think he is following the money here. Money which I didn't think West Ham had. Deal is reported at $4M but I wodner what Nolan is getting paid per week now.

Sebastian Larsson is apparently about to sign on for Sunderland, so no return to Arsenal for him.

Bojan Djordjic might make a shock return to England. Leaving Hungarian champions Vidoeton for free, he is now on his way to Blackpool. Heh, 13 years ago, he got the award for best youth player in Uniteds academy, and hopes were he would replace Giggs on the left wing...As it turned out, he did not have the mentality for a club like United, but he might turn out real good for a club like Blackpool. At least I hope so, as there is quite a laqck of successful Swedes in England.

Porto has signed Argentinian wonderkid Iturbe. Several clubs in Italy and Spain apparently wanted him, but he chose Porto. Why? well, if you come from South America, playing a season or two for porto is the easiest way to get to Manchester United....

Mexico! Mexico! Mexico!

Also, River Plate relegated. What a crazy world we live in.

Young to Man U is, to me, a strange move. But whatever. I heard a certain Charlie Adam was at Melwood training and medical yesterday, so if that one turns out to be true, I'll be quite chuffed. Though what Liverpool are going to do with 39+ central mid's I don't know. Shaping up to be quite a squad next year though.

There seems to be quite a fight between Chelsea and Real Madrid. First they fought over Neymar (who atm seems more likely to go to Real). Then, when Villas-Boas was announced to take over Chelsea, rumours started that he would take Falcao with him from Porto. Falcao has a buy-out clause, so Porto can not stop him from leaving. But, when Real heard about this, they apparently also rushed in offering to meet the clause, leaving the decision to Falcao.

Ashley Young is quite a good signing for United. He is good on both wings, but can also play in the hole behind a striker. And SAF loves versatile players. He is also great at set pieces, something United has been lacking since CR7 left.

Heh, if Arsenal sells Clichy to City, one of Wengers targets to replace him is rumoured to be O'Shea from United, since O'Shea apparently is on his way out anyway, as Sunderland has made a bid for him,Brown and Gibson. Have Arsenal finally learned their place in the foodchain?biggrin.gif

Well, the big moves usually takes a bit longer, as those negotiations can be a bit trickier. But, now players are starting to come back from their vacations, and clubs usually want deals to be done as early into preseason as possible, to help new players settle, or to get used to play without a departed player. So I think we will see the first bomb soon. And that is quite possibly Fabregas to Barca.

Archived