DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football - Premier league 10/11

Majsju

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Peter Crouch the dumbest player in England, or what?

So, you're in the CL quarterfinals, against Real Madrid. Fresh from having knocked out AC Milan, you actually have a chance, small as it may be, to knock out the Spanish giant, as long as you can get a decent result in Madrid. So, what do you do?

A: Work your socks off, and help the team get a result.

B: Put in an uninspired performance, and get subbed for someone who can do the job better.

C: Already booked, pick up a moronic second yellow, leaving your team one man down when they are already struggling.

Heh, wonder how Ancellotti reasons. Drogba caused a lot more problem for Uniteds defence than Torres. And yet, Drogba got subbed, while Torres played the full match. Granted, the spaniard is improving, he managed to hit the post once once, but still.

Ah well, Rooney gave us the first win at SB in 9 years. Not going to jinx anything by mentioning the T-word though...

• 3 weeks later...

So Arsenal suddenly make things interesting.

Leading Chelsea by 3 points with them to meet next week, after a midweek Champions Leage match to boot for the Devils. Title decider? You betcha.

Also with Chelsea having beaten Tottenham, Liverpool move into 5th on goal difference, with Tottenham still a game in hand. That game in hand?

Again Manchester City.

*rubs hands together in glee*

With a slew of draws at the bottom of the table the relegation battle is still pretty chockers. Who do you think will drop?

Personally, wolves, west ham and blackpool are my bet, but I really hope blackpool stay up and wigan go down instead. Ian Holloway is hilarious.

I was actually expecting Arsenal to win, as they do have a habit of getting their act together once they have bottled their title chances. And United just came from a CL away game.

United vs Chelski will be a different story. united really just need one point, and they rarely lose at Old Trafford.

Relegation...Now this one is bizarre. Even Stoke at 10th place has a theoretical risque of going down. But I would say West ham and Wolves are more or less guaranteed to go down. Had it been a month ago I would have been sure Blackpool would join them, but now I am leaning more towards Wigan.

Granted, I am saying this without having looked at the remaining schedule.

Championship is also quite weird atm. QPR has already qualified for next seasons PL, with Norwich and Cardiff fighting for the second slot. However, apparently QPR risks getting as much as 15 points deducted.

With QPR, if they do take a penalty in points, with the amount they already have it could actually only reduce them to the PLAYOFF places... how that would work if it all goes down in the offseason?

God knows.

English Football. Where the offseason is only marginally less interesting than the game.

And Southampton have all but secured promotion back to the Championship! And with Norwich doing back-to-back promotions, I am looking forward to next season! Come On You Saints!!!

Usually, I avoid anything that might be a jinx like it was the plague. But this one, I feel quite safe to callbiggrin.gif I just hope that one point comes against Blackburn, so SAF can air some of the kids in the last game. For example, giving Pogba and Tunnicliffe their debuts.

Well my friend, prepare your barf bag :P

Europa here we come. It's a nice consolation prize and one I would never have expected given Liverpool's crummy start to the season. And with the men upstairs promising investment? Bring on 11/12.

I just hope Suarez' recent run is Class and not Form.

How was that a penalty for Manchester United against Blackburn? From watching the highlights, Hernandez had no control of the ball, and wasn't even going to get it as it was out of play despite Robinson's rash challenge. Referees need to show logic as Hernandez was never in a million years going to score. Sorry, but that was a joke decision from the referee and his linesman.

Agreed. Absolutely.

Liverpool to meet Tottenham tonight in the Europa League booby prize playoff!

Also, smashing game last night Blackpool v Bolton. The action tonight also on Wigan v West Ham. I think Wigan have it, but that's not saying much. So long, West Ham!

Also also, Congrats to Man City and Man U.

Having trouble figuring out the permutations of this weekends relegation battle?

Focus on the Drop

Handy-dandy non-berf compiled guide to see who needs what, for what, against whom, this weekend.

I will have my preview up tomorrow. Thank god for Foxtel Viewers Choice. Some say it's hard to watch 10 games once. I say, they arn't trying hard enough.

Damn, I want Blackpool to stay up, they play an entertaining football, and have one of the funniest managers in the busines. But, of course I want United to finish in style, and beat them at OT, even if SAF fields the B-team. And it is unlikely it will even be a pure B-team, as VDS is almost guaranteed to play (last game at OT), and same probably goes for Scholes, as I am quite convinced he quits now.

And I take back what I said about hoping to see SAF play some of the kids. Apparently the game against Blackpool comes smack inbetween the Youth Cup Finals, so the little ones will be quite busy getting some silverware of their own.

In other news, while there are still some games left, the funnies that is Silly season has already kicked off. It seems like all the bigger clubs are going for major signings this season. except arsenal, rumour has it their main target is Zlatan Ibrahimovics oldest son (age 5).biggrin.gif

Archived