DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football - Premier league 10/11

Majsju

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keane was hard, not dirty, quite a difference. (Håland does not count, he had ot coming, the pathetic wanker).

In other news, Adebayor to Real on loan. Who will now give us headlines about fighting on shittys training sessions? (Balotteli seems like a good candidate for taking over as Troublemaker #1)

Kevin Muscat has always, and will always be a dirty, rotten thug of a player.

My favourite time watching Muscat play was last season's Grand Final, where he hit the post with his shot in the penalty shootout, ultimately costing his team the trophy. Ahhhhh that was satisfying.

And now this latest tackle? Well, if reports are to be beleived and he is in fact retiring at the end of this season, then that tackle is his LAST EVER PLAY in professional football, mwuhahahahahaha.

I hate that guy so much. He swore at me when I was giving him a serve as he took a corner at Bluetongue stadium a few years back. One of my proudest moments because for him to reply, he had to have HEARD me call him this and that the other!

Brilliant!

In EPL News, Liverpool have got two wins! First for the season, right? Torres actually looks alive, new signing today of a proven goalscorer from Ajax (let's see if he can step up, Luis ...someone) ... hopefully this is the turning point. Hodgeson who?

Corki, if we rest Rooney/Berbatov, we still have Chicharito to throw in. You know, the kid already named "the new Solskjaer" because of his nose for goal biggrin.gif

And I would not be surprised to see Chicharito from start. There will be some rotation of players, so i think berba will start on the bench. I also suspect Obertan will get a start on the left wing, which could be exciting. Poor kid is in a tough spot right now, too good for the reserves, not quite good enough for the first team, at least not for the PL or CL games. Or, Fabio on LB, so Evra can get a much needed rest. i don't think SAF would want to rotate the entire left side, so it is either Fabio or Obertan. And hopefully Lindegaard can get his first team debut.

So...Chicharito, check. Obertan, check. Fabio, check. Lindegaard, check.

Ok, I was wrong about SAF not wanting Fabio and Obertan on the pitch at the same time, but otherwise I picked them quite wellbiggrin.gif

Despite the result, it was a really good cup game. Apart from watching us win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy last year, I really cannot remember the last time I watched Southampton live on TV and win!

United faces Crawley next round...Before the draw, Crawley manager Steve Evans had this comment,

The man from Govan against the man from Cambuslang. That’d be a clash, wouldn’t it? If we go to Old Trafford, we’ll try and win.

Beautiful. Only in the FA Cup, kids.

Last summer, David Villa, key player in the Spanish team that won the World Cup went to Barcelona for £34m. Now, a player like Carroll goes for a million more. And main reason Carroll cost so much is because of his passport, british players are ridicilously overpriced. And it will only get worse, with the new homegrown rules.

Regardless of price, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole deal.

Suarez sounds great, proven record there, but don't know how the step up to the EPL will go. Carroll, yeah, he's good... But -best in the world- good? Which is really what Liverpool should be aiming. I'm assuming that the Torres transfer request forced thier hand a little. I'd rather Carroll and Suarez than an uninspired Torres, though, that's for sure.

Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Malouda, Essien (the list continues)... Damn Chelsea! Should be 10-0 each week...

And Bent is 2/2 now iirc.

Hrmm!

Interesting to see the new Chelsea first 11, and Liverpool. Torres and Drogba in a 442, Essien and Malouda in the middle, if Terry isn't fit...

I'm hoping Suarez and Carrol gel quickly. Little nippy technician playing off the big staunch hold up play... sounds made in heaven, but time will tell.

A few months earlier than expected, but...A great career ended today, as Gary Neville retires from football. And he retires with quite a collection of medals, 8 PL, 1 CL, 3 FA cup, 2 League cup, and a bunch of others. An amazing career, and the finest rightback England has ever seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hah! I get it. Watching the replay right now.

Thats only cause the remote is...actually right next to me. For the past hour and a half I've thought it was halfway across the room. Huh.

ANYWAY Liverpool didn't beat West Ham. I would be more disapointed but I knew this season, or the rest of this season, was still going to throw up crappy results. And to be honest, West Ham looked the better team for the first twenty minute I watched before turning in.

Hehe...

When Reading sold their midfielder Sigurdsson to Hoffenheim, only three months after he had signed a new contract, a 13-yearold supporter sued the club. Reason - he had bought a jersey with Sigurdssons name on the back because he interpreted the new contract as a guarantee the player would stay. The club agreed to pay for the jersey, and for legal costs (totally around €74).

Supporter power!biggrin.gif

Archived