DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How you found out about WOT

greig

My older cousin hooked me up.  But, he started me on The Shadow Rising!  I read that, and on through the Path of Daggers before going back and reading books 1 - 3.  I remember during my first reading of The Eye of the World being disappointed at some of what seemed to be the relative simplicity in terms of characterization and plot. 

I exchanged books with a friend, I think 'The Name of the Rose' for 'The Great Hunt'. Then those damn ta'veren pulled me into their ta'maral'ailen (?).

"In The Name of the Rose" I used to always see that book on the shelves when I went to Walden Books of buy WOT books.  Something about it always caught my attention but I never got around to reading it.

@Fain's Nose: That's really sweet. I for one fully intend to introduce whatever kids I have to these.

I got my 12 year old daughter to read Piers Anthonys' first Xanth novel, "A Spell for Chameleon". She just finished it last weekend and loved it. It was the largest book she's read to date. Another year or two and I will push her toward WoT.

I found tEotW on a windowsill of a Laundry Mat. It was so beat up, this particular copy looked as if it had actually been through the rinse cycle. It had been sitting there for months, finally I picked it up. I was hooked from that moment on, it was the first book I ever read in one go. 

I don't know when I started reading fantasy to be honest. I read LoTR after I watched the first films. I enjoyed the books but I have no intention of reading them again. They weren't THAT good. Anyway, I've never understood why the eagles that rescue Sam and Frodo at the end couldn't have just flown over and dropped the ring in  ;) By the way, Sam = the true hero  ;D

I've read comics for years and years now so maybe it was a natural progression to walk into something like this. I love myths and legends and swords and magic!

BUT.

I met my partner three and a half years ago and he had the first four books from when they first came out in paperback way back when! I started the first one not sure of what to expect and then inahled them. My hunt began to get them all and thank amazon I got a nice set all the way up to KoD.

After that I waited anxiously for TGS and now am waiting for the series to end. It will be a sad time, I hate it when good stories end, but the series has more legs than most things I've ever read and it's time for it to stop teasing me!

Now I've read way ahead of my partner and have to keep my mouth shut from spoiling him. That's why I finally found this site!!!!

I have decided to do the reread once the series is over, otherwise I'll just keep getting worked up!

Oh, and when I found out about New Spring I had to hunt that down. Now I eagerly await trades of the Chuck Dixon comic adaptation.

I don't know when I started reading fantasy to be honest. I read LoTR after I watched the first films. I enjoyed the books but I have no intention of reading them again. They weren't THAT good. Anyway, I've never understood why the eagles that rescue Sam and Frodo at the end couldn't have just flown over and dropped the ring in  ;)

That was always my thinking on it too! You might get ate for sayin' it round here, though!

I don't know when I started reading fantasy to be honest. I read LoTR after I watched the first films. I enjoyed the books but I have no intention of reading them again. They weren't THAT good. Anyway, I've never understood why the eagles that rescue Sam and Frodo at the end couldn't have just flown over and dropped the ring in  ;)

That was always my thinking on it too! You might get ate for sayin' it round here, though!

Best answer I've ever heard to that question:  "Sauron had things that could fly too."

Best answer I've ever heard to that question:  "Sauron had things that could fly too."

Airfight!!!!!  ;D

I only started WoT 3 years ago  :P only time i had to wait for any books was when the bookstore had to order books 6 to 11 for me and then waiting for TGS.

Before WoT my main series were the Feist books. Magician is still my favourite book BTW  ;D

But anyway, kept walking past these books, imagine a row of books the spines all black end only the titles written on different colours. so bought the first 5 books straight ( I usually do that with any series I start) and I have never looked back. great series looking forward to ToM

I was on a family road trip in 1992 to Niagara Falls from ATL.  We stopped at a grocery store somewhere along the way and I went to get a book to read in the car.  I decided to get something that looked to be a very long read and had a picture of a guy with a sword, which I loved at 13.  It turned out to be "The Dragon Reborn".

I loved it!

I then got the first two books in paperback and the fourth in hardback later that year for Christmas.  So basically, I've been playing this wait for the next book game for a couple decades.

A while back I stumbled upon a fantasy/sci-fi short-stories collection, can't remember the collection's name or where it came from. On of the stories was New Spring.

after finishing it I immediately looked for more info about the rest and noted WOT for myself as a "must" for future reading. I only got around to it 2 years ago but I went through them all twice already.

A while back I stumbled upon a fantasy/sci-fi short-stories collection, can't remember the collection's name or where it came from. On of the stories was New Spring.

after finishing it I immediately looked for more info about the rest and noted WOT for myself as a "must" for future reading. I only got around to it 2 years ago but I went through them all twice already.

It's called Legends.

Archived