DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What classes would the WoT Char.'s Be?

Atlantin

I was gonna post this in the red eagle section but it wouldn't let me. What classes do you think these guys would be? Particularly starting in book 1. Like I got rand and mat as farm boys lol...if you guys can think of something better please tell me and i got perrin as blacksmith apprentice....moiraine is easy, aes sedai and lan as warder. I would greatly appreciate any kind of input here as far as what classes the char's would be. Even char's that dont appear till later so I can write em down. I'm also still trying to track down face graphics and or art for the early char's so if you know of anywhere that I could find em please let me know.

and for those who would like to know about my progress in the eye of the world i'm creating the database and I actually have already got a professional voice actor for the narration. I'm excited lol

I'd think the 3 boys all start off kind of neutral, Perrin evolves into a warrior with high perception, Matt is a rogue with high luck, and Rand turns into a spellsword and then maybe just a mage after the hand incident, Nynaeve is a white mage and egwene is probably a red mage.

I was gonna post this in the red eagle section but it wouldn't let me. What classes do you think these guys would be? Particularly starting in book 1. Like I got rand and mat as farm boys

For game purposes I would think that between their woodcraft and skill with the longbow it's fair to call Rand, Mat and Perrin low-level rangers at the beginning of EotW.

I'm not really concerned about that because this isn't a commercial game. This is not something I'm doing to turn a profit it's simply something I'm doing as a fan to show Mr. Jordan how much his work means to me. There's nothing illegal about what I'm doing. It's equivalent to using a music artist's production work for your own song. It's not illegal till you make money off of it.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Have you consulted a lawyer on this?

As I recall, Jason recieved cease and desist instructions for the Dragonmount prologue video--which was non-profit and much in the same tone.

I'm not a lawyer, and not trying to get on your back on this--but this seems fairly detailed for an unofficial game. You may wish to ensure you've covered all your legal culpabilities before proceeding.

As I recall, Jason recieved cease and desist instructions for the Dragonmount prologue video--which was non-profit and much in the same tone.

I'm not a lawyer, and not trying to get on your back on this--but this seems fairly detailed for an unofficial game. You may wish to ensure you've covered all your legal culpabilities before proceeding.

He could also just be mucking about with some code and trying to learn about making videogames - nothing serious. 

That said:

Birgitte - Archer (obviously)

Nynaeve - Hair yanker white mage

edit: Just finished reading the *entire* thread. Didn't some of the WoT text-based MUDs go through something similar in the past? Were they issued C&D or do they still operate today?

He could also just be mucking about with some code and trying to learn about making videogames - nothing serious.

He does seem serious about making his game--he's hired voice actors. And that's fine, I'm not here going 'how dare you appropriate the world of the wheel'. I get his good intentions--I just worry that he's not thought through the full legal ramifications. For instance people own the rights to do precisely what he is doing--they've paid money for those rights. If his game plays upon their potential profits, then whether he makes a profit or not, he's infringed on their rights.

Or at least I think he would have. I'm no lawyer, which is why I'm here suggesting to him--a genuine Wheel fan--that he should make sure what he is doing is alright. And that is because i respect his intentions.

And I really appreciate you looking out for me. This isn't going to be on big scale. Graphics will be in 16-bit graphics lol. IDK I will consult with someone I know that knows all the loops and details. I just don't see how this is illegal....maybe I'm very dense lol. Ah well I will continue to work on my database and the game till I hear I can't. Hope I still have supporter's here. I'm loving the community here!

He does seem serious about making his game--he's hired voice actors. And that's fine, I'm not here going 'how dare you appropriate the world of the wheel'. I get his good intentions--I just worry that he's not thought through the full legal ramifications. For instance people own the rights to do precisely what he is doing--they've paid money for those rights. If his game plays upon their potential profits, then whether he makes a profit or not, he's infringed on their rights.

Or at least I think he would have. I'm no lawyer, which is why I'm here suggesting to him--a genuine Wheel fan--that he should make sure what he is doing is alright. And that is because i respect his intentions.

That's what I get for skim-reading I suppose :p

Depends on if he's american or not.

Archived