DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elaida's fortelling

Myrelle

“The white tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger then ever. Rand al’Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The black Tower will be rent in blood and fire and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell.â€

This is what Elaida Foretells in aCoS and she takes it to mean that the Tower will be whole under her and the revels will be cast out. That Rand will face her and face her anger. And that the black tower will be broken and conquered by the aes sedai.

But we know from reading the later books that the way she interprets the last bit isn’t correct. The sisters walk the grounds because they have been bonded by the asha’aman.

So this led me to thinking had she completely misinterpreted her Foretelling? Does this mean that the White Tower will be whole again under Egwene, as she too is Amyriln, and that Rand will face Egwene’s anger? As we know she is often angry at what he is doing. And that elaida and her followers, and maybe the black ajah will be cast out????

This could just be my wishful thinking, I want Elaida to be kicked out and Egwene to be Amyriln. But what does anyone think?

So this led me to thinking had she completely misinterpreted her Foretelling? Does this mean that the White Tower will be whole again under Egwene, as she too is Amyriln, and that Rand will face Egwene’s anger? As we know she is often angry at what he is doing. And that elaida and her followers, and maybe the black ajah will be cast out????

That seems very likely. Elaida doesn't have much time left as Amyrlin. And then, if Rand ever faced Elaida, it would be Elaida who got a spoonful of his anger, and a little chat about kidnapping.

With Egwene, it makes sense that she gets mad at Rand, hopefully a good shouting that will show both of them how many misunderstandings they've made, and then move on.

If Elaida tried that with Rand, I think he might even temporarily get over his little problem with harming women.

I'm with Majsju about Rand and Eliada. As it is now I'm surprised he hasn't kidnapped HER and left her shielded in a hold in the Waste. With a "No one here will harm you, and you are a guest, but if you leave the hold you're on your own. If you're caught by another group of Aiel you will most likely be sold in Shara."

She reminds of the insane surpreme commander, Serpentor, of Cobra from the old G.I. Joe cartoons. When she does the "this I foretell" it reminds me of Serpentor yelling "AND THIS, I COMMAND!"

It is interesting that I agree with Luckers there, since we disagree on an awful lot about that particular battle ... but the Seanchan seem like the obvious bone between Egwene as Amrylin and Rand. I personally think (and Luckers disagrees) that part of the anger will be because Rand doesn't put a "don't touch the White Tower" clause in the treaty.

I think it's just coz he rocks up with them. There isn't a chance in hell he's going to leave the White Tower out, he needs all the forces he can get, and Egwene is not only an old friend, but he just offered the Rebels 50 Asha'men... that, whichever way you put it, puts the rebels in a position of being included under a cease-fire with Rand.

I'm with Luckers, I mean... why on Earth would Tuon rock up to stop the attack if the White Tower wasn't covered in the agreement. She is bound by her word to stop it if it is, but she wouldn't be if it wasn't. Then you'd have to ask why would she? I think its almost laughable to think that she would feels some sort of moral compunction just because she is now in league with the Dragon. She's ever the pragmatist. Look at how she views her relationship with Mat; cold practacality. There's very little chance she would stop the potentially successful neutralisation of a competing power - especially one where victory directly translates to a strengthening of her own damane stocks - based on a whim.

-Genesis_XVI

:D

Elida has a history of interprating her fortellings in the manner which helps her the most.

And as for Rand facing the Amerlyn's anger, this would happen if he met Elida or Egwene, or just about any other Aes Sedai. It does not say that he will be bothered by her anger, just that he will face it.

Concider, too, that the prophecies state that Rand will bind the Nine Moons to serve him... That doesn't sound very ambiguos... Rand will be the one on top of whatever agreement they have (oh, i dont doubt something will go wrong, but in the end he will get what he wants).

To be fair, like he'd agree to anything less then that. This just reinforces it.

Egwene would probably yell at Rand for allowing his Asha'man to forcibly bond sisters. The Black tower will face blood from the fighting between Logain's and Taim's factions.

We know that sitters from the White Tower are negotiating with the SAS against Elaida's direct orders. It's not hard to believe that Elaida will be deposed by her Hall. She's a drunkard, and the general consensus by the Hall is that she's a disaster. Likely, the sitters are watching Egwene and trying to determine whether they would accept her as the Amyrlin, or insist on another candidate. And the other sisters that will be kicked out are the Black Ajah and perhaps certain Elaida loyalists.

• 2 weeks later...

She would probably be pissed off, but I doubt that she's going to last that long. Rand being the son of Tigraine is hardly common knowledge. Even the Aiel who knew Shaiel probably haven't put it together ... Moiraine might be the only other one who has, since she was both familiar with the families involved and knew something of Gitara Moroso's Fortellings.

Archived