DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you've read the Wheel of Time too much if...

The_Dragon

when you watch the young men today and desperately hope to find one that has at least a hint of Mat Cauthon in them

happens all time :)

7) Your friends and family can describe all of the important events in the books despite the fact that none of them have read tWoT.

true ..

or when they threaten to dose u with raw sheepstongue root if u mentioned another word from WoT .. then discover they just did :D

See a person in the street and go, "hmmm, he/she reminds me of *insert race/character here*

When your wife is being cryptic and you accuse her of Aes Sedai-speak.

Oh dear..

There is a sequence of adverts appearing on some UK TV channels for a programme sponsor who makes frozen TV-dinners. These ads consist of characters in historical-novel-type situations while eating a plateful of some of this stuff. One involves a posh young lady with slightly slanty eyes wandering through a wood when a not-so-posh young man comes out from behind a tree with said plateful. Every time I see this woman I thnk 'She's Saldean..' Aaaargh!! It's Faile!  ;)

When you're at the gym and Lan is your inspiration. =P

When a pretty girl walks by with a long dark braid and you automatically think she's Nynaeve. =D

When you're walking down the street and you put character names to random people that you think may best represent them.

When you and your friends are talking, you all use abbreviations and random vocabulary from the WoT fluently even when talking about something totally unrelated to the books.

You automatically assume older, but pretty women are all Aes Sedai.

Often hope for the Dark Ones own luck.

When working at a Parcel Post Center, you take peoples names for where they're mailing and if they happen to have the name "Lewis" you tend to type "Lews" and maybe even "Kinslayer" instead.

You check Dragonmount daily.

I've used the phrase "precarius perch" for a LONG time...in my last reread I found out that RJ describes one of the boys (Rand or Mat) that way in tEotW.  I think the scene is in Baerlon with the Whitecloaks.

Oh, and...you know you've read the Wheel of Time too much if...you've answered more than 5 "You know you've read the Wheel of Time too much if..." threads. ;D

LMFAO at the breaking seals one.

And I've frequently been caught saying "time to roll the dice" or even "the wheel weaves as the wheel wills" and people definitely look at me funny.

...when someone thinks you are really lucky and you can't help but think of Mat's own luck. Then, you roll some dice hoping for a winning toss. And lose.

...when you're in a sticky situation and wonder what it would be like to have a Warder for help.

...when you consider your best girl friends as first-sisters rather than just friends, and call them sisters despite no blood relation...and possibly a different skin color

*mind blank*

lets see what i actually do instead of making a random list.

1. i've never said or written down the Dark Ones name...ever, it's always the other words for him like Lord of the dark, Dark One, Luckers, Leafblight etc. pretty proud of that actually

2. whenever i see on a forum someoone is trolling, i say he's "trollocking" instead

3. in another forum i wrote down a theory of how the universe was created and it all just restarts, and i just had to end it with the "there is no begginning or ending" bit.

4. at certain points i try to go by the first Oath. it can be fun to lie by telling a half-thruth instead of a full on lie.

5. there is one thing in the game Assassins Creed where an anoouncer says the Darkl lords name for some reason, whenever i hear them do that i always get a little nervous actually

1. You scream "burn you" when someone is being obnoxious.

2. You are afraid to empty your mind for fear you might accidentally channel saidin and go insane.

3. You have mental debates with Ishamael/Moridin.

4. You wonder what would happen if you balefired yourself (not that you would actually try it!).

I actually have done all of these things at some point.  Should I be worried?

I actually have done all of these things at some point. Should I be worried?
Yes. Very.

1. i've never said or written down the Dark Ones name...ever, it's always the other words for him like Lord of the dark, Dark One, Luckers, Leafblight etc. pretty proud of that actually
He gets on the list but I don't?

He gets on the list but I don't?

well, you two are actually the same person so it doesn't really matter now does it.

i just keep wondering, who is the real one and who is the voice in the others head?!

Slightly obscure but:

You order Domani Pork instead of Sweet and Sour from the local Chinese. Double points if they understand what you're on about.

I think everyone's done the Saidar/Saidin thing.

I have also established a metaphysical theory for reality that describes the universe as a pattern. Entirely Coincidental though  :P

Archived