DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Individually Aemon and Charis have a 75% chance of being scum.  There is a 56.25% chance that both are scum and 6.25% chance that both are innocent (you asked for the maths Charis...I forget how to calculate the chance that randomly one of the readings is correct no doubt someone can do it for me)

Thanks, Jeran!

Charis claims Viktor Krum, again a perfectly reasonable claim (just like Lupin).  Charis and Mynd seemed to be thinking alike when it came to the mini Nyn bandwagon which has since derailed.  I thought it a strange bandwagon since I didn't find Nyn's posts to be scummy.  She also seems to be thinking like Mynd on Dar and I can't even remember why Dar is supposed to be suspicious.

Actually, I was more agreeing with Pete on the Dar vote.

(Additionally it occured to me that if Percy Weasley can be non-town alignment then maybe the Viktoe in this game is the one who was Imperiused in the Maze to take out Harry's competitors.

That's right! I did forget about Viktor getting imperiused. Mad-Eye Moody (the fake one who was really a Death Eater) imperiused him during the TriWizard tourney in book 4. It would be interesting if that were to happen in this game. The problem with that is that the Mad-Eye from book for was really Barty Crouch Jr disguised in poly-juice potion. The real Mad-Eye would never do such a thing. It would be interesting to be imperiused. I would assume it's kind of like what happened to Meesh and Lia in the LoTR game. But, it hasnt happened to me. (Almost jealous, there!  :P )

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record, and I know that people will probably take this out of context, but to explain my inactivity. I have recently been bouncing back and forth between working at two different stores, one of which is twice as far away as the one I had been working at. I've been getting up at about 4am sometimes and other times not being able to get to bed until 1am or so. So, honestly, I'm beat atm and I've tried to not make posts without at least looking at most of the other ones. The first post I made was actually with only a partial read and that was of the day 1 reastart anyways. Some of you know me from other areas around here as well and honestly I haven't even poked my head in anywhere else except for maybe a post on occasion.

I'm new to mafia, this is my first game, and I'm trying to learn how to play it. So, yes, I'm being rather quiet and watching what goes on. I guess I should have started with a littler game, but I love the world of Harry Potter and thought it might be fun. Anyways, need to be going to work again. I'll hopefully catch up with this thread tonight at about 11:30pm when I get home (if I don't fall asleep first).

Although it doesn't prove your innocence of course ;) I sympathize, Taei. I've been really busy working a lot too. I used to have a desk job where I could sneak onto the internet all the time, but, not anymore, and sometimes when I get home I'm just too tired to catch up on DM.

Has anyone kept up with who voted for whom each day, including all vote changes?  For example:

JohnDoe:  Mary/Joe/Bob

. . . indicating our fictitious JohnDoe first voted Mary, then switched to Joe, then to Bob.

I usually do this type of record keeping but haven't had a chance to do that yet.  I may have time later but if someone has it already . . . please share it!  

The deadline is looming large and I still have to place my vote. Right now I think that Pete is the most likely scum of the people that are nominated right now. My doubts about Daruya have been allayed somewhat and I still believe Charis is a townie. I am absolutely amazed at all of the peole that have not voted and are not even active right now. I know Daruya and Charis are tied for the lynch right now, but I have to vote for the person I think is scum instead of making a vote on someone I believe is innocent. [glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow].

sorry guys, not feeling good today so i called out; just got up and still feel like crap.

if ya'll are confused about why the reset happened, you might find it more than helpful to go read the scene i posted for it.  all my scenes are riddled with clues; infact i use the books as referances when possible for accuracy. i'm going to add the scenes to the post right below the OP.

as for inactives, i will not kill them off because they aren't posting in the thread.  this game is big (which we were all warned of when the game was in its signup stages)  i'm not making excuses for inactives (nor do i condone their inactiveness) but reading to catch up takes alot of time.  so long as they use their abilitys if they have one and they've been loging into DM, then they're safe from a MK.  like i said, i'm not saying inactivity in a game is good, when i play i can't stand an inactive player either; but i hate MKing even more than inactives.

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 32 alive, 17 to lynch

Vote Count

Charis(3): Wombat, Taei, Jeran

Dar(2): Charis, Meesh

Pete(2): Adella, Aemon

Meesh(1): Tigs

Aemon(1): Pete

no vote(23): Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Som1, Krak, Nae, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Tayla, Dar, Thorum, Elli, Boopsy, Locke, Lia, Nyn, Marta, Blig Blog

I do, but I'm not sure it's up to date. I can't see the glowed votes if I ever view this at work, so I don't know when people have voted. I try to go over but I have missed a few things I have noticed.

DAY 1 PART 1

Dah'mir:   Mottlee, Elli

Jessi/Wolfie:   Thorum

Mynd:  Dah, Som1, Meesh. Amadine, Pete, Locke, rojano,  player, Krak. Boopsy, Wombat

Nyn: Marta

Pankhuri: Jeran, Thorum

Pete: Meesh, Rose, Nae

rojano: Boopsy

Rose: Rojano, Crusher

Som1else: Amadine,

Thorum: Mynd, Meesh, Verb, Wolfie, Rose, Som1, Boopsy, Aust. Charis, Alanna, Thorum, tigs, Wolfie

Verbal: Som1

Wolfie: Krak,

Wombat: Adella

DAY 1 PART 2

Adella: Alanna

Boopsy: Aemon, Thorum, Boopsy, Jeran, Talya, Verb, Wombat, som1, Meesh, Dah, Nae, Crusher

Daruya: Pete

Jessi/Wolfie: Thorum?

Marta: Thorum?

rojano: Pank

Som1else: Elli, boopsy, Pete, Mynd, Amadine

Thorum: Taei, Marta

Wombat: Mynd, Aust, Adella

DAY 2

Aemon: Pete

Charis: Talya, Wombat, Dah, Nyn, Taei

Daruya: Pete,  Mynd, Charis, Meesh

Meesh: Tigs

Mynd: Dah, Thorum

Nyn: Charis, Meesh, Mynd

Pete: Adella, Aemon

Wombat: Thorum, Mynd, lia

I think that is correctish, I'm not sure whioch vote Thorum had on Day 1 part1 though?!

I can understand that in a way Red, but I don't have much time on here, and I mange it, and manage to get things done in my Org too. If they have time to put in an action then they could read and have time to play the game. I think it is unfair on all those that are making the effort and posting more than just a vote! sorry...rant over!

trust me, i understand.  like i said, i dont condone inactiveness and when i'm a player i hate inactives too.

as the number of players decrease, i do expect a pick up in activity from those lurking in the shadows; and if there isn't then me and my ass mods will probably give their powers to active players and MK them.

Had a chance to read some and this is the tuffest game I've ever had to read thru.  People tossing out names I never heard of and roles and names being tossed out and confusion is the worst thing for mafia games. Not to mention theirs like a billion people in this game yet most of the posting is coming from just a few.  I really don;t have a vote I feel good about yet.  I will read more and will try and pay attention to the deadline. 

Talya,

You missed at least one vote.  I had voted Mynd just before I was frozen (see here:  http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,58099.msg1699877.html#msg1699877

DM is not loading for me reliably right now which makes it difficult to do a vote check and actually cast a vote.  I don't know if it's DM or the firewall at work but it is incredibly frustrating.  Of course, there is the fact that I don't know who to vote for either . . . 

So let's look at what we've actually got.  I deleted Mynd from the list since he's dead and I've struck through Nyn since she has withdrawn.

Aemon:  Pete

Charis:  Talya, Wombat, Dah, Nyn, Taei

Daruya:  Pete,  Mynd, Charis, Meesh

Nyn:  Charis, Meesh, Mynd

Pete:  Adella, Aemon

Wombat:  Thorum, Mynd, lia

Who are the "unknowns" here?  I'm not really sure we have one but I'll take a stab at it.  We are running out of time, too, though I am glad to see the deadline has been extended (how much it'll help, I don't know!). 

Knowing as we do that Mynd turned out to be Bellatrix, let's look at who voted with him:

Day 1: Mynd, Meesh, Verb, Wolfie, Rose, Som1, Boopsy, Aust. Charis, Alanna, Thorum, tigs, Wolfie

Mafia and recruiter are in orange.  Charis has done a character reveal (Viktor), Thorum has done a character reveal, and rose has done a role reveal (odd/even viewing).  That leaves the following as unknown variables:  Verb, Alanna, Tigs, Wolfie.

Day 1 Redux: Elli, boopsy, Pete, Mynd, Amadine

Mafia, again, in orange.  Boopsy (dead) was Town aligned.  Amadine revealed.  That leaves Pete as an unknown variable.

Day 2: Charis, Pete, Meesh, Mynd

Charis and Meesh have revealed, Mynd (mafia) is dead though he changed his vote to Wombat (or did he target Wombat first and then me? I can't remember), and Pete changed his vote to Aemon.

Against Wombat: Mynd, Thorum, Lia

Thorum revealed, Lia hinted, Mynd (mafia) is dead.

Summary: "unknowns" from above voting are Pete, Verbal, Alanna, Tigs, Wolfie.

I'm not sure that synopsis helped any.  There's a good chance mafia votes did not align since Mynd was doing such a good job convincing everyone he was Lupin/Town which made Townies willing to align their votes with his.

I hate doing a blind lynch or even an uncertain one; I like being at least 60% certain that I'm going the right way and I don't have that with any of the names listed above.  I'm not totally inclined to believe Pete but I'm not 60% certain that he's scum either.  And I'm getting mixed up on the roles, too.  Was it Pete who says he doubled me? Or was it Pete who blocked someone?  Or did he do both?  Who was it that blocked Pankhuri? 

I don't want to target someone just because they haven't done a role reveal either. Surely I'm not the only Townie that doesn't like to do character or role reveals and I can't punish someone for playing the same way (unless it's out of character for them).

Can we just say that this game is highly confusing and as usual, I'm a day late and a galleon short in my theories? Didn't fall for the Mynd-act, well, because with Mynd - either way he's going to screw with your game. I find it funny that he never commented on my comments - but no one EVER does. No one EVER listens to me until it is too late.

And since everyone is revealing and no one EVER listens to me - I get to view 2 players a night. I get an odd or even response. Odd: one of them is anti-town. Even: Neither or Both of them are anti-town. But, since we don't get alignment confirmations, only guesses from our knowledge of the books - what good is my ability???

This is actually a solid ability.  If you get an "even" response, then we lynch one of them.  If scum, then we get a double shot - if town, then you've confirmed a townie (you obviously wouldn't reveal said townie).  We have enough townies to cover ourselves for now.  Late game - this ability sucks, hehe.

If you get an "odd" result, then same as above - we lynch both, hopefully choosing the right one first.  If so, then you've confirmed the other as town.  Early game, this is a great ability, especially with this many living players.

I'm really good at catching people who are acting out of how they normally act. :-*

Careful - the devious ones can use this to their advantage.  ;)

Also, I don't remember who it was, but I do remember like 4 pages back someone said something about Mynd's arguments on me seeming contrived. Maybe that's because all his arguments in this game have been just to get a lynch, not to actually take something scummy and announce it to the town. Again, see my case on him like 10 pages back.. ::)

That was me, and I wasn't saying HIS argument against you was contrived.  I was saying that the whole argument between the two of you seemed contrived.  Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but who knows.

Individually Aemon and Charis have a 75% chance of being scum.  There is a 56.25% chance that both are scum and 6.25% chance that both are innocent (you asked for the maths Charis...I forget how to calculate the chance that randomly one of the readings is correct no doubt someone can do it for me)

41.50%

Can we just say that this game is highly confusing and as usual, I'm a day late and a galleon short in my theories? Didn't fall for the Mynd-act, well, because with Mynd - either way he's going to screw with your game. I find it funny that he never commented on my comments - but no one EVER does. No one EVER listens to me until it is too late.

And since everyone is revealing and no one EVER listens to me - I get to view 2 players a night. I get an odd or even response. Odd: one of them is anti-town. Even: Neither or Both of them are anti-town. But, since we don't get alignment confirmations, only guesses from our knowledge of the books - what good is my ability???

This is actually a solid ability.  If you get an "even" response, then we lynch one of them.  If scum, then we get a double shot - if town, then you've confirmed a townie (you obviously wouldn't reveal said townie).  We have enough townies to cover ourselves for now.  Late game - this ability sucks, hehe.

If you get an "odd" result, then same as above - we lynch both, hopefully choosing the right one first.  If so, then you've confirmed the other as town.  Early game, this is a great ability, especially with this many living players.

Or what you could also do is pick someone and also a confirmed Townie.  That way if it's even, you know the other person is innocent, and if it's odd, you know the other person is guilty.  So basically, a regular finding ability if you know for certain the first person is Innocent....like yourself I guess (if you're innocent ;)).

[glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow]: That unwillingness to character reveal is quite suspicious.  Why won't you?  A scummy character?

Dar, that explains why I thought you were lying about voting for Mynd, I checked my spread sheet and couldn't find it. I will try to be a little more up on it! Plus I think you missed Elli off you Day 1 redux as an unknown. i have updated my spread sheet now though, thanks Dar!

Pete said that he doubled you Dar, and it was Aemon who blocked Pank, as he said he was the roleblocker.

We don't have much time and I'm reluctant to go for Charis, at least she has said a character, that can be checked. However [glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow][/glow] hasn't.

As for revealing Dar, I don't particularly like it, but it seemed a good thing to do at the time, and hopefully it may just help us as long as the inactives can at least get on here and participate a bit!

Guest dragonsworn1991

I'm kingsly shacklebolt. I didn't want to reveal, because it makes the game lose a little magic.  ;)

anyways I pick a number 1 through 14 and depending on the number I get an action. I chose number 6 and got to double someone.

Okay, [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

Although, just to make sure, this is probably a valid claim, correct, those who have actually read the series? :P

Although, I must say, that's a cool role; I love it. :D

Oh, and maybe you could view Charis and Aemon, Rose.  Just an idea.

Thanks, Talya.  I'll have to go back and edit my list of "unknowns" later.  I'm still having intermittent DM loading issues.  >:(  I got on now to post and I don't want to push my luck trying to go back a page or two to edit it.

Locke, I don't consider Pete's reluctance to character reveal evidence of scumminess.  However, with so little else to go on, I'm going to go with his voting record.  I just hope I chose the right "unknown" to vote for . . .

OOPS!  Got a "warning while you were typing" message!  Pete posted while I was typing.

Pete, I had typed in a vote for you but am now editing it.  I think we need to pick another unknown.  Lynching Kingsly, if Pete is telling the truth about his character, would be bad for us because Kingsley is totally Town.

So that leaves the following "unknowns" when we look at those who have actually bothered to vote: Verb, Alanna, Tigs, Wolfie, Ellianora

Verb seemed to encourage/interact with Mynd quite a bit early on.  Verb, I hate to do this, hun, but I think I'm going to have to vote you.  Vote [glow=red,2,300]Verb[/glow].

No need to apologize, Dar.  I'm not cool with revealing roles like this -- it just helps create a nice buffet for the mafia to choose from.  Besides, as Mynd's example should show us, with the # of total inactives who knows what claim is true/false?

I know!  That's what makes this so stinking tough!  Also, the deadline has come and gone; I hope everything is okay with Red . . .

I'll be heading out shortly with my boys to see the Daraja Children's Choir (http://www.410bridge.org/daraja/) (from Kenya); they're singing at our church tonight.  We missed them last year and I heard they were awesome so I'm quite looking forward to seeing them tonight.

i'm okay Dar, just got caught up in traffic :)

Deadline

Wed June, 9th @ 2pm CST; 32 alive, 17 to lynch

Vote Count

Charis(3): Wombat, Taei, Jeran

Pete(3): Adella, Aemon, Tayla

Dar(2): Charis, Meesh

Meesh(1): Tigs

Aemon(1): Pete

Verb(1): Dar

no vote(21): Amadine, Bela, Mottlee, Som1, Krak, Nae, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Pankh, Wolfie, Alanna, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Thorum, Elli, Boopsy, Lia, LockeNyn, Marta, Blig Blog

Random.org chose Charis, death scene to come.

also i will be posting the answers to the 1st Felix Exam Question on the OP :)

Guest dragonsworn1991

The deadline is looming large and I still have to place my vote. Right now I think that Pete is the most likely scum of the people that are nominated right now. My doubts about Daruya have been allayed somewhat and I still believe Charis is a townie. I am absolutely amazed at all of the peole that have not voted and are not even active right now. I know Daruya and Charis are tied for the lynch right now, but I have to vote for the person I think is scum instead of making a vote on someone I believe is innocent. [glow=red,2,300]Pete[/glow].

So basically a weekly thrown together OMGUS.  :o

Viktor Krum soared high above the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch, eyes closed and feeling very relaxed.  He had accepted Dumbledores invitation to join Hogwarts this year; ever since Karkaroff's disappearing act, Durmstrang had become less of a school and more of a rallying point for those who supported Voldemort and his minions.

The thought that his old Head Master had belonged to such a crowd still angered him, he opened his eyes once more and smiled as the sun sank below the peaks of the mountains.  Though he had only been here a single day, he could see why Hermione had talked about this school the way she had during the Tri-Wizard Tournament.  Deciding it was best to land and retire for the night, he performed a few roles and dives before finally landing on the ground; the crowd of gathering on lookers oohed and awed at his performance, he gave them his best grin even though he had hoped this practice had remained a solitary event.

As he took off his gloves, he noticed 3 official looking wizards stepping onto the Quidditch pitch; he looked at them with curiosity as the stopped in front of him.

"You are Viktor Krum, Seeker for the Bulgarian Quidditch team and newly transferred student from Durmstrang?" The middle wizard said, Krum recognized him as the same man that had arrested Hagrid in Hogsmead yesterday.  Krum nodded his head curtly and took off his quidditch gloves, placing them in his robes.  The two Aurors stepped closer to Krum, one placing his hand on Krums arm as they flanked him.  Tthe Ministry official withdrew a roll of parchment.

"Viktor Krum, you are wanted for questioning in regards to your use of an Unforgivable Curse during the 3rd task of the Tri-Wizards Tornamnet against Miss Fluer Delacour; as well as allegations of conspiring with known Death Eater Igor Karkaroff, to assist He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named followers to commit unlawful actions, such as Muggle Bating & torturing Muggle Borns, at the Quidditch World Cup.  You are to be detained at Azkaban Wizarding Prison until your hearing date; by order of the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge."

Krums fist clenched around his gloves and his eyebrow furrowed in outrage.  "Now vait just vone moment.  I had no such interaction vith Karkarofv?!  As for de Tri-Wizard tournament, I vas under de Imperious Curse at dat time; Dumbledore himself said I vas not responsible for my actions and cleared me of dat charge!"

The Ministry Official gave a sigh and looked at Krum, sympathy in his eyes, his voice going a bit soft and his tone much kinder.

"Dumbledore is only a Hogwarts Headmaster, he has no authority to clear anyone of such charges.  If you are telling the truth, dear boy, then you have nothing to fear. I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding; but as of right now you only have two choices Mr. Krum, you can accompany us on your own, or we can take you there by force."

Krum lifted his chin in a proud and defiant manor; glaring at the Ministry Wizard, he snatched his arm out of the Aurors hand. "Fine, I shall accompany you on my own; but after dis affair is sorted, my Ministry vill be in touch vith your Ministry over dis."

Charis, Viktor Krum has been Lynched

Nyn, Minerva McGronagal & Blig Blog, Stan Shumpike have been Mod Killed

Deadline

Friday, June 11th @ 6pm CST; or when all Night Actions have been recieved

[glow=blue,2,300]Common Rooms[/glow] or [glow=purple,2,300]Class Rooms[/glow]

This is actually a solid ability.  If you get an "even" response, then we lynch one of them.  If scum, then we get a double shot - if town, then you've confirmed a townie (you obviously wouldn't reveal said townie).  We have enough townies to cover ourselves for now.  Late game - this ability sucks, hehe.

If you get an "odd" result, then same as above - we lynch both, hopefully choosing the right one first.  If so, then you've confirmed the other as town.  Early game, this is a great ability, especially with this many living players.

Why wouldn't I reveal said townie? Why would I only reveal the suspected mafia? Then I would be lynched because I didn't reveal who I thought was a confirmed townie.

And, the reason I say that my ability doesn't really help us is because we are all believing what someone (I forget who at this point because I admit it - I'm lazy and don't want to read through pages and pages to find my evidence) said about Percy being an anti-town recruiter, when we all know he was just an uninformed git throughout the books - but nonetheless, he was pro-town despite all the conspiracy theories out there that he was under the Dark Lord's power.

And let  us not forget, that the whole pro- and anti-town mentality is based on the beliefs of the mods and ass-mods and for all we know, they could be under the Dark Lord's power and think the Death Eaters were the good guys and all Muggles should die.  Look at who we are dealing with for mods in this game.

Archived