DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aiel Asha'aman

Beer Rot

More than likely there have just never been any recruitment efforts made targeting the aiel.

Also, there would be a little bit of conflict with them becoming ashaman, as they are required to learn swordsmanship and aeil despise them.

However, the concept of a branch of aiel ashaman is intriguing...

More than likely there have just never been any recruitment efforts made targeting the aiel.

Also, there would be a little bit of conflict with them becoming ashaman, as they are required to learn swordsmanship and aeil despise them.

However, the concept of a branch of aiel ashaman is intriguing...

Im sure Rand would make concessions, maybe they use a spear or spears instead

Asha'man have to learn the sword so they know how to fight if they can't channel.

I'm sure the aiel would not be required to learn the sword.

And I like the idea of aiel asha'man, scouts that can channel.

edit: i have no idea why i keep typing "asha'aman"

I think they would see becoming asha'man as pretty much abandoning being Aiel. Accepting Rand as the caracarn is one thing, signing up for an organisation lead by wetlanders, that is not something an Aiel could really consider.

Maybe if Rand suggested an Asha'man unit with only Aiel, who stood under Rands direct command instead of Taim. But there is simply not enough time for that to happen.

I think they would see becoming asha'man as pretty much abandoning being Aiel. Accepting Rand as the caracarn is one thing, signing up for an organisation lead by wetlanders, that is not something an Aiel could really consider.

Maybe if Rand suggested an Asha'man unit with only Aiel, who stood under Rands direct command instead of Taim. But there is simply not enough time for that to happen.

They'll have to think of something, since TG will be done and over soon.

Now the taint's gone there's no reason for sparkers to go die.  Also, Wise Ones use the power in battle.

The "Spears of the Dragon" group would surely have nothing against learning to channel since Rand "owns" them and could command them to do it. But most likely it will not happen. Jordan has never mentioned anything about recruiting channelers from the Aiel. Perhaps he never tought about it?

They'll have to think of something, since TG will be done and over soon.

Now the taint's gone there's no reason for sparkers to go die.  Also, Wise Ones use the power in battle.

Have some of the sha'man loyal to Rand train the first 3-4 Aiel sparkers they find. Then those can be in charge of starting to train all Aiel male channelers, without having to involve Asha'man anymore.

Frankly I think it's that no one has thought about it yet. Of course I doubt it would be simple once they DO think about it--I don't see the Wise Ones blithely letting foreigners recruit Aiel men, nor do I see Aiel men willingly going to the Black Tower--far more likely the Wise One's would seek to include these men.

I've long reguarded this as something covered under the remnant of a remnant prophecy, which I hold to be related to social changes of what it means to be 'Aiel'--an addition to the changes in Aiel society that have resulted from Rand's existence.

I think that the only Aiel who WOULD volunteer would be one of the ones who lost it, when Rand revealed the truth about them. I just can't see  the typical spear wielding Aiel warrior wanting to channel the one power,unless its one of the Siswai' aman.  It's too bad we never saw an Aiel become an Asha'man it would've been a cool concept.

I think that the only Aiel who WOULD volunteer would be one of the ones who lost it, when Rand revealed the truth about them.

Was thinking this myself. Shame.

It's quite possible male-AIel Channelers could form a new society amongst their people.

Now that would be good. Although Aiel Asha'man I think would be better.

I reckon theres plenty of time. For all we know there could be an Aiel male channeler there already, we would never have known by now anyway as we dont get any PoVs at the Black Tower anymore. And its huge by now. And the Shaido saw what the Asha'man can do; a Brotherless might have gone to the Black Tower and been raised to Dedicated by now! Hahaha

Archived