A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The new dreadlords

dalic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WinterSun
It's pretty well assured that Taim and his 100 students are dreadlords

Is this confirmed in KOD? I've never been totally convinced Taim's a darkfriend. It just seems that, with most of Rands enemies opposing him to serve the DO, that one person should be out to screw him for his own personal gain.

Guest cwestervelt

I'm not convinced that Taim is a Darkfriend either. Several of his favorite proteges's were DF and one Foresaken, but that doesn't meen he was. Just that he was duped. Another thread quotes laughter following Taim's use of the "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule" line, but that could easily be because they knew what it meant and Taim made himself the unwitting target of his own joke. The phrase in itself is not totally unheard of as the BWB connects it to the Feast of Fools in a regional colloquializm.

God, does no one remeber the interrogation of the 2 black sisters in Tear by Moiraine/Egwene/Nynaeve/Elayne?

They confessed (each separetly) two Black Ajah plans:

1-The whole plan with the male a´dam in Tanchico

2-Some black sisters were gonna get Taim and proclaim hi the Dragon Reborn to create confusion ,this theory was discarded but Taim did get free right? And we never really knew who freed him ...The black sisters could of changed their minds when they heard Rand´s amnesty towards men who can channel...

Guest Majsju

Judging from Kisman's POV in WH, Taim gave a direct order to kill Rand. Not exactly an action of someone who walks in the Light...

Guest cwestervelt

No, we don't forget that. But it is, once again, third party information concerning Taim. There is no proof that he was ever aware of the plan, and he was unlikely to complain about being freed no matter who let him go. Everything that I have seen people put forward to say that Taim is a Darkfriend falls in the realm of hearsay.

The only truly suspicious act of Taim's that comes to mind is where he adds Flinn, Hopwil and Narishma to the list of renegades and not just Gedwyn, Torval, Rochaid and Kisman.

Edit: "No, we don't forget that" referes to Artemis post. Majsju's got in before mine.

Guest cwestervelt
Judging from Kisman's POV in WH' date=' Taim gave a direct order to kill Rand. Not exactly an action of someone who walks in the Light...[/quote']

No, it is not. But it also isn't proof of Taim being a Darkfriend either. Taim, like many other male channellers isn't really that stable of a fellow. He's overly ostantaious and he is seriously glory hungry. He claimed to be the Dragon Reborn when he wasn't and that in itself should be a clue that he may to be all there.

Dashiva/Osangar was involved in the attack. He could have easily manipulated Taim into giving an order to kill Rand. Hell, Osangar could easily have impersonated Taim to give the order.

I am new to this forum, but I have one question.

When is the final book comung out. Last I heard was that it was getting writtten, but with Robert Jordan sick I don't know. So anyone who can answer the question I would be most grateful[si :?:]

Guest cwestervelt

Even without illness, it likely wouldn't have been available until late 2007. The last several books have all been around 2 years apart.

Just as a point, not everyone who wants to kill Rand is a Darkfriend.

yes, killing rand would be bad for anyone who walks in the light, but there are many reasons to do so.

#1 - Power. Rand is the most powerful man in history, and only Hawkwing comes close. The man who is #2, being Taim (debatable) would easily become pretty powerful by killing him.

#2 - Love/Pain. Perhaps rand is seen as the reason fo a loved one's death. Gawyn has good reason to want Rand dead, because he thinks he killed his mom.

#3 - Fear. There are probably a handful of people who, think if Rand died, then the Last Battle woudn't REALLY be coming. That provides a pretty good impetus to put a knife in his ribs.

The whole epilogue of KoD with all the different forsaken references pretty much confirms in my mind that he is a darkfriend, and most likely working with Moridin, and a very slight possibility that he is Moridin which would be cool.

He also says "the so called Aiel" which no one from our age would know about other than the Aiel wise ones/chiefs which suggests some Forsaken training, most likely Moridin.

are you kidding me with this thread? Taim NOT a darkfriend? Hasn't EVERYONE at one point or another stated the Taimendred theory? And now you're going to tell me he's under the light? Are you all mad?

Taim is a false dragon, Taim escaped captivity with the help of the Black Ajah, Taim is more then willing to kill any man under his charge from the smallest provocation, Kisman gets the same orders from Taim and a Forsaken, we ALL know that Logain is going to kill him, none of Taim's ash'amen follow Rand they only follow Taim, the hand holding lightning outside his "temple" in KOD is the same figure used by more than one Forsaken, the red and black he and his men wear is the same color Moridin dresses his people in, and don't even TRY to convince me that Taim just happened to pick up "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" from somewhere and thought it sounded cool! The men he leads my not be dreadlords, but there's MORE than enough proof that he's a darkfriend if not more.... queit possibly more.

Taim is most definately a DF, why else would he be so suspicious? I think he might even be connected with the Black Ajah. But thats kinda a shot in the dark. I mean, Logain was also a false dragon, and he's not like Taim at all. Taim just has that forbidding feel to him.

I personally think that Taim is after the power and the fame that comes with being the dragon reborn. I think he has got himself to believe that if he kills Rand he will become the dragon reborn.

What was up with Aram in last book?

Guest cwestervelt
Hasn't EVERYONE at one point or another stated the Taimendred theory?

Nope, never gave it a shred of plausibility.

Guest cwestervelt
Taim is most definately a DF' date=' why else would he be so suspicious? I think he might even be connected with the Black Ajah. But thats kinda a shot in the dark. I mean, Logain was also a false dragon, and he's not like Taim at all. Taim just has that forbidding feel to him.[/quote']

It's called a red herring. Everyone convinces themselves he is a Darkfriend because they want him to be. I don't see Taim as anything more than borderline taint crazed with a power hunger that makes him an easy dupe for the DFs around him.

Guest WinterSun

Yes. My first reaction was that Taim was Demandred; then I realised that, if it's that obvious, it's not happening. As for being freed by the Black Ajah, meh. Black sisters are perfectly capable of lying if it suits their purposes.

Well, it surely seems that he is a darkfriend, but remembering the plan of the black Aja, he most certainly wasn`t a DF at the `dragon reborn`, otherwise why would the BA need to turn him to the dark?

We do not have any proof that the BA plan warked and Taim didn`t escape with the help of his supporters. We do not know of any the copnnection between him and the forsaiken however, we do know that forsaiken repeat his commands, which, i think indicate that they do not know of his commands rather that they give those to him.

So considering all of that, it seems to me that he is just power and glory hungry and not a DF.

Guest cwestervelt
Come on... He's got to be a DF.

One of the most obvious things proving that' date=' as Kadere also mentioned, is that he said "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule". The exact same thing the DO told Demandred.[/quote']

There are a number of ways that he could have learned it. Just because he's got Darkfriends surrounding him that have direct contact with the Foresaken doesn't meen he knows they are. He could have easily picked it up the phrase from them. There is evidence from the BWB of the "Lord of Chaos" being a colloquialism used during the Feast of Fools. The "Ruler" for the day is known as "Lord/Lady of Unreason/Misrule/Chaos". Just because Pevara hadn't heard the phrase, doesn't meen anything.

Archived