DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Best Female Vocalists for the Band's Dream Band!!! (CLOSED)

Corki

Female Vocalist's Name: Lacey Mosley (Flyleaf)

Reason for Nomination: I think she has a pretty unique voice; and while I don't listen to as much of Flyleaf as my brothers do, or a few of my friends do, I do appreciate a few of the songs and like her vocals.

YouTube or similar link:

, and

Female Vocalist's Name: Lacey Mosley (Flyleaf)

Reason for Nomination: I think she has a pretty unique voice; and while I don't listen to as much of Flyleaf as my brothers do, or a few of my friends do, I do appreciate a few of the songs and like her vocals.

YouTube or similar link:

, and

another song option for her.

Artist: Loreena McKennit

Reason: She has a beautiful voice and a fantastic body of music. 'The Mystic's Dream' in the following music video some fan of WoW made is just one example of her many pieces.

Link: The Mystic's Dream -

EDIT: Just sorted out the HTML code. All that bold text didn't suit my eyes! Corki

Artist: Lisa Kelly

Reason: She has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard.  She is of Celtic Woman.

Link:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVX2Uo7J5Og  --- Her featured on the Gladiator soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfO6JpR5Ip8  ----Singing The Voice with Celtic Woman

I like Lisa, but out of all the Celtic Woman I actually prefer Chloe's voice.  Lisa's voice sometimes seems too...erm...reedy?  Maybe not the best term, because she certainly has a great voice, but sometimes I'm just not a fan of how she sounds.

But yeah, not the point of the thread. >.>

I like Lisa, but out of all the Celtic Woman I actually prefer Chloe's voice.  Lisa's voice sometimes seems too...erm...reedy?  Maybe not the best term, because she certainly has a great voice, but sometimes I'm just not a fan of how she sounds.

But yeah, not the point of the thread. >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl-iM8kpiuE

This song gets me every time.  Chloe's voice makes this song incredible.  It's one of my favorites.  AND she's my age!  Hi-Oh!  Let the games begin!

I like pretty much EVERYTHING she does with Celtic Woman. :D  There is just something about her voice...it's amazing to listen to.  My favorite is probably The Prayer, though Walking in the Air is definitely up there. :D  (Love Nella Fantasia too)

I saw them in Peoria, IL the spring of my Junior year in high school...so...um...about 3 years ago now.  It was all of the original Celtic Woman group, without Hayley, but it was probably the most amazing concert I've ever been to, even though I didn't get to sit that close. :D

They were fantastic, and they really know how to perform in a way that so many artists don't. :D

Didn't see a limit on the number of submissions, so I'm going to add another one of my favorites:

Female Vocalist's Name: Sarah McLachlan

Reason for Nomination: Her music was an inspiring force for me, songs that led me to look further into similar and not-so-similar solo female vocalists. Where her voice doesn't seem to have the pure beauty of some like Loreena McKennit, she still sings wonderfully, and there's a passion in her singing that reminds me of the best of blues and soul. The linked song is one of my personal top 5.

YouTube (or similar link): "Possession" -

Today is the deadline for nominations. Amazingly, I am sitting at 16 nominations - 7 confirmed, with 9 hopefuls. As it is a first come, first served basis for nominations, any late comers had better hope to be seconded!

As I said, this is the last day for nominations!

Didn't see a limit on the number of submissions, so I'm going to add another one of my favorites:

Female Vocalist's Name: Sarah McLachlan

Reason for Nomination: Her music was an inspiring force for me, songs that led me to look further into similar and not-so-similar solo female vocalists. Where her voice doesn't seem to have the pure beauty of some like Loreena McKennit, she still sings wonderfully, and there's a passion in her singing that reminds me of the best of blues and soul. The linked song is one of my personal top 5.

YouTube (or similar link): "Possession" -

I strongly second this!!  Love Sarah Mac :)

Nominations have now shut! So it is too late. And below are the 16 female vocalists who shall be challenging for the position in the Band's Dream Band.

Nominated Female Vocalists

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. Dawn Richardson (lead singer of Christian rock band Fireflight)

2. Francesca Battistelli

3. Anette Olzon (of Nightwish)

4. Sharon den Adel (of Within Temptation)

5. Annie Lennox

6. Lacey Mosley (Flyleaf)

7. Loreena McKennit

8. Sarah McLachlan

Nominated

1. Greta Salpeter (The Hush Sound)

2. Angela Gossow

3. Demi Lovato

4. PJ Harvey

5. Amy Lee (Lead singer of Evanescence)

6. Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

7. Simone Simons (Epica)