DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Best Female Vocalists for the Band's Dream Band!!! (CLOSED)

Corki

The Band of the Red Hand is now back to its quest of picking its Dream band. After picking Carlos Santana as the guitarist and Geddy Lee as the bass player, our focus now turns to the world of female vocalists. This thread allows you to nominate your female vocalists to go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to win the slot in the Band of the Red Hand's Dream Band. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and FRIDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2010, nominate the female vocalists you want to see try and take that spot. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name your female vocalist, explain why you have nominated them, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of their skill.

[u][b]Female Vocalist's Name:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one female vocalist. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Krak suggests Female Vocalist X and Farcrie agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Nominated Female Vocalists

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. Dawn Richardson (lead singer of Christian rock band Fireflight)

2. Francesca Battistelli

3. Anette Olzon (of Nightwish)

4. Sharon den Adel (of Within Temptation)

5. Annie Lennox

6. Lacey Mosley (Flyleaf)

7. Loreena McKennit

8. Sarah McLachlan

Nominated

1. Greta Salpeter (The Hush Sound)

2. Angela Gossow

3. Demi Lovato

4. PJ Harvey

5. Amy Lee (Lead singer of Evanescence)

6. Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

7. Simone Simons (Epica)

8. Lisa Kelly

Female Vocalist's Name: Annie Lennox

Reason for Nomination: While I'm not a big fan of her music with the Eurythmics, once she went solo she created some amazing music that rates among my favorite of all time

YouTube (or similar link):

and

EDIT: Just sorted out the layout as it was hideous! Corki

Female Vocalist's Name: Sharon den Adel (of Within Temptation)

Reason for Nomination: There was a desire to just put "goddess" and "one of Corki's three Muses" as the reason for the nomination...but I decided I would expand of that! Sharon den Adel is the lead singer of the Dutch symphonic metal/rock group Within Temptation. She is a mezzo-soprano singer who has never been trained, and her vocals play a major role in the band's sound. Before going full time with music, she worked in the world of fashion, and designs the group's merchandise. Have I mentioned the word "goddess" already?  ;D

and Ice Queen

Female Vocalist's Name: Demi Lovato

Reason for Nomination: Okay, I know she's Disney-produced, but honestly, listen to her vocals! :o  She has got one powerhouse voice, and amazing control too.  The girl can SING.

YouTube (or similar link): Catch Me and

(best sound quality I could find)

--I tried to find a particular video of her singing "Catch Me" live, because it was amazing and showed off her vocals really well, but apparently it's been taken down. Ah well.--

Female Vocalist's Name: Dawn Richardson (lead singer of Christian rock band Fireflight)

Reason for Nomination: I'm not really sure.  I just really like her voice and the music Fireflight does.  She does a fantastic job as the lead singer. :D (although her Cruella de Vil hair coloring is kind of scary ;D)

and

**edit new**

Which one, she has two albums out now. :D

Maybe last one, I'm not sure. :D

Female Vocalist's Name: Francesca Battistelli

Reason for Nomination: I LOVE her voice.  It is amazing.  That is all I can say, I just love it.  Her music is pretty good too. :D

and

Female Vocalist's Name: PJ Harvey

Reason for Nomination: One of few really unique female voices in rock. The most important thing for a rock vocalist to have is passion, and there is no female (and few male) vocalists who has more passion than Polly Jean Harvey.   

Female Vocalist's Name: Dawn Richardson (lead singer of Christian rock band Fireflight)

Reason for Nomination: I'm not really sure.  I just really like her voice and the music Fireflight does.  She does a fantastic job as the lead singer. :D (although her Cruella de Vil hair coloring is kind of scary ;D)

and

**edit new**

Which one, she has two albums out now. :D

People I know!!!!!! lol Fireflight is amazing :) And good choice nominating Francesca Batistelli as well!

If it makes a difference, I second both of them1

Female Vocalist's Name: Amy Lee (Lead singer of Evanescence)

Reason for Nomination: When it comes to female vocalists for the most part I am not a fan, but she is amazing, and has some pretty awesome metal songs.  She has a great range and can really rock out. Talentwise especially I have heard no one better.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmSHb-aRB0

Female Vocalist's Name: Anette Olzon (of Nightwish)

Reason For Nomination: She is one of the only female vocalists I enjoy. She may not be well known, but she is an extremely talented singer. She not only has a beautiful voice, but can do soft songs and

faster songs and sound great.

Youtube (or similar link): In some of Nightwish's songs they use male vocals too, but for the purpose of the song I'll use links to songs without them.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aImI9UfdiU

You are not going to open the whole Tarja vs. Anette can of worms, are you?

I have actually never heard of Tarja, but if it is similar to Nightwish/Anette's style I might have to check it out.

I wasn't trying to start an argument, those are just my two favorite female vocalists. And I'm pretty picky when it comes to female vocalists.

I will definitely second Nightwish's Annette Olzon.  Sharon den Adel is awesome too, but I'm not sure if I can choose between her and Amy Lee as I think they are similar and both kick serious butt!

Here's another I like:

Female Vocalist's Name:  Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

Reason for Nomination:  She's got a killer voice and rocks hard.  Plus, she's Italian and hot ;)

YouTube or similar link: 

&

Can I put in another female vocalist?

Much like Sharon den Adel, but I prefer her better because Sharon's voice got a bit to commercial for me:

Female Vocalist's Name: Simone Simons (epica)

Reason for Nomination: I'm a huge fan of female metal in general and I just missed her on the list.

Specially since this band is well on their way to become famous even outside europe. Simone's voice is amazing in every way, I have a few other female metal vocalists that I enjoy most of wich are already nominated. But Simone is definatly the best one for me!

YouTube or similar link:  

And a Live one:  

EDIT: Just edited lay-out to make it clearer. Corki

Archived