DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE] Batman: The Dark Knight

JenniferL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hall Talks "Dark Knight" Shoot

Having shaken off his brat pack image thanks to the success of USA Network's hit cable series "The Dead Zone," Anthony Michael Hall has talked about one of his other roles - a supporting turn in the upcoming "Batman Begins" sequel "The Dark Knight."

"I signed a confidentiality agreement, and I can't say which part I'm playing because it affects the story...I can't give away the suspense — it's a $200 million surprise, and I don't want to be the guy to ruin it" he tells Daily News. He adds though that "It's really a great role. I'm in throughout the whole movie, and I'm really looking forward to working with Christian [bale] and Morgan [Freeman]."

Hall is currently in the midst of shooting the sixth season of "The Dead Zone" and got a long weekend off work the weekend before last to shoot scenes over in London - "I felt like a rock star leaving the set, flying to London, going to shoot on a Saturday, you know? My crew really gave me a gift because they had to all vote union-wise to agree to not take a day's pay to help me out. I felt very honored that they did that for me."

The role is more than a one day shoot cameo though, once work on 'Zone' wraps in August he'll rejoin the 'Knight' production - "They're shooting in London, Chicago and Hong Kong. My next dates are in Chicago, the third week of August with Morgan, then I get to go back to London."

As for the role? Early talk up at film ick indicates that, of all things, Hall will be potetinally playing a 'Batman wannabe.'

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070521j.php

That last line, plus the accompanying picture, makes me think Azrael. I think having that sort of subplot would take away from the Joker, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator
Didn't every incarnation of the Batmobile have at least some guns? I thought even BatWest had some popup projectiles or missiles or something.

I'm also predicting camo suit' date=' ala soldier 2020.[/quote']

Perhaps, but those were used only to destroy walls, not crazed lunatics.

• 5 weeks later...

It's an effective trailer, though, despite a lack of any real visual. I got fairly hyped up when I heard the Joker laugh, and I've been fairly lukewarm from the start about Heath Ledger in the part. I'm told if you dig around the site, you can find an audio clip of Joker saying "Why so serious?" in a mock-Batman growl.

Does anyone else think that Heath Ledger is one of the most over-rated actors of his generation (and yes, he is an Aussie!)?

I struggle to watch him act, its as painful as a night on your stomach on Brokeback Mountain! He is ordinary! I hope he does the Joker role justice!

Archived