DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE] Batman: The Dark Knight

JenniferL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that Heath Ledger is one of the most over-rated actors of his generation (and yes, he is an Aussie!)?

I struggle to watch him act, its as painful as a night on your stomach on Brokeback Mountain! He is ordinary! I hope he does the Joker role justice!

I don't know if I know anyone who rates Heath Ledger highly as an actor other than for Brokeback Mountain.  Most people I know single him out for his looks.  I've still not seen Brokeback Mountain, so I can't comment very well on his acting ability in that movie, but he seemed to garner a lot of acclaim for it.  I think it's possible that he just makes weird choices for movies.  Most of the movies I've seen him in are more about entertainment value than acting chops.  There's a lot of movies of his I HAVEN'T seen though.

He was in Monster's Ball with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thornton. That was not an entertainment movie in the least. Very distrubing, but well done. Though I do agree that I don't know anyone who thinks of Heath as a particularly high-quality actor except for the Brokeback fame. He is cute though. I'm partial to Aussies.  ;D

Yeah, I did see Monster's Ball.  Very disturbing.  He didn't have much of a part though.

Yeah, I'm Totally guilty of falling face first in lust with him in 10 Things I Hate About You.  And I Hate Hate Hate A Kights Tale, but I'll occasionally still watch it to look at the pretty.

Are you being sarcastic?

hehe, I LOVED that movie, but that's because I like the Pretty (Heath) and the costuming was Awesome!  And I LOVE cheese!  And Jeremy Irons, who was Hysterical.  As well as Oliver Platt who was also Hysterical!  But I can totally see how a person would not like it at all.  It was pretty silly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it looked like there were multiple Bats in the previous set of photos, so perhaps the one hanging is a fake Batman, not the real one?? Even if it is real Batman, we already know he survives, and therefore it may mean a kickass escape scene. Sweetness.  8)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's nice to finally see those awesome CHUD boys going positive lately about upcoming "Batman Begins" sequel "The Dark Knight" today, and in the process they've revealed a fascinating scoop (kudos guys, Devin you know I always admire your giant kahunas - literally).

The article talks about how Director Chris Nolan shot the 'Two-Face' scenes for the upcoming sequel and it's quite surprising - "Basically, Nolan shot complementary takes of Eckhart in Two-Face makeup so he could visually represent the duality of Dent in a less cartoony fashion.

What Nolan's doing doesn't sound all that far removed from the Gollum/Smeagol model, though the obvious difference here is that Dent isn't motion-capture; he's a fifty-fifty split of the same actor giving two wildly divergent performances in the same shot. And because he has two takes of each scene, Nolan has the luxury of shaping Eckhart's performance in post; it's just a matter of switching the dial between normal Harvey and bug-fuck Two-Face.

Again, both will be present in the shot, but only one will dominate the poor bastard's conflicted consciousness at any given moment. The technical audacity required in pulling this off may be the reason Two-Face was held back in the trailer."

In other 'Knight' news, the Harvey Dent viral campaign continues apace with pre-recorded calls going out from Dent (Aaron Eckhart) himself and the website IBelieveInHarveyDent.com updated with a short audio message (click here for the mp3 version) which is taking advantage of/satirising the current political campaigning going on for the US Democratic Primaries.

Archived