DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bass Player for the Band's Band - It's A Knockout (Winner: Geddy Lee)

Corki

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant to finish this when I got into work this morning, but I got snatched by my boss for a meeting. So you late voters were lucky! lol! Anyway, time to wrap the semi-finals up to allow progression to the Grand Final and 3rd/4th Play-off.

And meeting in the final area Victor Wooten after a 6-3 win over Steve Harris and Geddy Lee, who defeated Sting by 6 votes to 3.

The Grand Final

Victor Wooten

I just want this guy to be on bass. He plays with Bela Fleck and is an amazing instrumentalist. He does wonderful, wonderful things with the bass guitar. And he's pretty. We need pretty people in the band's band so that I can put posters of them up in my quarters. And maybe swoon a little.

vs.

Geddy Lee

Rush, that's all I need to say... He is an award winning musician, inspiring many players (several in this contest) and being influential in the rock and heavy metal genres.

Voting ends Saturday 5th December 2009 at 11pm (GMT)

3rd/4th Play Off

Sting

A multi-award winning performer, with an Oscar nomination to his name as well! He has had a sparkling career as both a solo artist and as part of Police.

vs.

Steve Harris

Bass player and main songwriter for Iron Maiden. He is also the only member to appear in the group during its while duration. He is most known for his "galloping" bass lines.

Voting ends Saturday 5th December 2009 at 11pm (GMT)

Well, time to wrap things up!

In the Grand Final, Geddy Lee won a close fought contest, prevailing by 4 votes to 3 over Victor Wooten, and being crowned the Band's Bass Player for the Band's Band.

And in the 3rd/4th Play-off, Steve Harris triumphed over Sting by 5 votes to 3.

A big thanks to all who got involved! Time to get ready for the Christmas extravaganza that will be forthcoming!

Archived