DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HsPerrin been around Rand much since this happened? Entering in the flesh that is. If so, wouldn't Rand smell funny to Perrin since did not Lord Luc/Isam/Slayer smell unusual. I always took this smell to be an effect of entering in the flesh.

I always took his funny smell as being because he's really two guys merged into one, which is downright unnatural so probably would smell quite weird for a wolf.

I GOT IT!!! ;D (I think). Okay so when mat went to ruhidean with rand he got three items from the foxes: the foxhead amulet, memories to fill the holes in his mind, And a spear with two ravens on it. hes used all three things but only the first two fit his request. he wanted a way to be free from aei sedei and got the ammulet that protected him from the power. he wanted holes in his memories gone so they gave him the memories to fill the gaps, he wanted a way out of the finnland and got a spear ??? i think that this spear is another way to enter the finnland as well as a way to leave it. I dont remember it being mentioned after book 4 but maybe it was i just think its odd that he got to "gifts" that fit his request in a perfect way if not exactly what he meant but the spear doesnt get him out he is strung up and hung

I GOT IT!!! ;D (I think). Okay so when mat went to ruhidean with rand he got three items from the foxes: the foxhead amulet, memories to fill the holes in his mind, And a spear with two ravens on it. hes used all three things but only the first two fit his request. he wanted a way to be free from aei sedei and got the ammulet that protected him from the power. he wanted holes in his memories gone so they gave him the memories to fill the gaps, he wanted a way out of the finnland and got a spear ??? i think that this spear is another way to enter the finnland as well as a way to leave it. I dont remember it being mentioned after book 4 but maybe it was i just think its odd that he got to "gifts" that fit his request in a perfect way if not exactly what he meant but the spear doesnt get him out he is strung up and hung

I do agree the ashendari wasn't explained, at least I don't remember, and it's always bothered me why he got the thing.  However Brandon wasn't sure was book it started in, and I may be naive but I'm sure even casual WoT fans will remember what book the scene takes place in, especially Brandon.  But otherwise I'd say it's a possibility to something that needs revealed.

ya i guess he would know what book rand went to ruhidean unless he didnt want to be to specific about where it happened and knew exactly where it happened i mean if its somthing we should question just be reading the part where what the unoticed thing occurs shouldnt he remember what was going on when that happened by events connected to it. Im not convinced brandon didnt know EXACTLY where and when this thing were looking for happened.

ya i guess he would know what book rand went to ruhidean unless he didnt want to be to specific about where it happened and knew exactly where it happened i mean if its somthing we should question just be reading the part where what the unoticed thing occurs shouldnt he remember what was going on when that happened by events connected to it. Im not convinced brandon didnt know EXACTLY where and when this thing were looking for happened.

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,49575.msg1337654.html#msg1337654

There is a very small detail in books 4-6, not sure which one that will end up playing a huge role in Towers of Midnight (might end up being in A Memory of Light, but pretty sure he said Towers of Midnight). This is on a scale of Vin's earring in Mistborn, with how that was such a minor detail touched on in book one, and ended up being the key detail that saved the day in the end. That kind of small detail.

Again he could certainly forget, but I just doubt it, especially since at this point he reread the series many times to write TGS.

Well, if you get technical about it, Mat's ashandarei was certainly the means to leave finnland seeing as it was used to hang him from that tree.. I do agree though that it's (possible) purpose was never revealed. And the idea of a blade being used to open something without regular opening fixtures is not exactly shocking. (I've use the odd kitcjen knife to open a tin of beans in my time.) So it could be the one thing they need to get into the ToG.

But, is that really a bigger deal than who killed Asmo? Srsly?

my completely off topic response to your comment is, What happens to tinkers who can channel?

my NEXT question, is what happened to all the wagons that the tinkers kept of ter'angreal?  I'm pretty sure when we are learning their story, the tinkers didnt just leave all the wagons to the Aeil to do with as they pleased.  unless we can assume that when someone asked them for their wagons, *at knife point*, they gave the contents away for free... and over 3000 years, nothing is left.

You tell me, I don't know ???

All the artifacts that the AS gave to the Aiel (at least all that were left after several 100 years of wandering) were at Ruihdene. When the "Tinkers" came to be they emptied the wagons they took of everything except food and water.

I do hope that the ashandarei gets explained more by the end of the series, but it isn't the BUT. The ashandarei has already been ruled out because it's in the list of stuff from the Theoryland discussion. Luckers provides the list here: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,50458.msg1439708.html#msg1439708

So it could be the one thing they need to get into the ToG.

You can get into the ToG by drawing the snakes and foxes symbols on it with a bronze knife (we know this from Olver, who learned it from Birgitte) and since the ashandarei seems to be power wrought steel not bronze, I find this unlikely.

After reading most of this thread I see two main probabilities:

1. The fat man angreal.

2. Aiel wearing the siswai'aman.

As for the fat man angreal, I'm 99% sure that Taim has it.  None of the male Forsaken do, else they'd have used it at the battle at Shadar Logoth.  It wouldn't have been of any use or significance to the sisters from the Tower, not enough that they'd have stopped to grab it while fleeing.  Taim was present when we last saw it.

After reading most of this thread I see two main probabilities:

1. The fat man angreal.

2. Aiel wearing the siswai'aman.

It is definitely NOT the fat man angreal. There was nothing at the time to figure out about it or discuss at the time and that is a criteria BS gave.

I have no idea what #2 on your list could possibly be either.

I think the small thing that means something huge is Taim's beard.  And that's all I going to say about it.

Not following you

When we meet Taim, Bashere asks where his beard is.  Taim says it hot in the south but Taim taught Rand how not to feel the weather.  There was a thread in August that got out of hand and I do not want to start that up again.  But for those how know what I am refering to it does suggest why it is more important than who killed you know who.  Its cool if you want to roll your eyes.  I'll drop it.

Yes there is certainly more about Taim than we have been told, I'll give you that. I do not think Taim's beard has been brought up enough to be eligible for the BUT.

The Spears of the Dragon, however, are a recurring mystery. No one, not even the Aiel themselves seem to understand what the red headbands mean, except that these Aiel have given themselves as property to Rand. The similarities between the siswai'aman and the Kamikaze headbands of Japanese pilots lead me to believe Rand will Sacrifice his 'spear of the dragon' in a necessary but suicidal attack. We know that no Maidens wear the headband, so if Rand needs to sacrifice anyone for the greater good the Spears are a likely choice.

Or every Aiel that wears the siswai'aman could be a darkfriend lol, and they are planning to bring chaos to the last battle. They wear the bands so that they know who is dark or not.

Crazier things have happened...

Moiraine lied!!!

In the letter she gave Rand She is "DEAD".

but Thoms letter say's she is still "ALIVE".

How can this be since she is bound by the three oaths, one of the letters is a lie!

is it possible for one bound by the three oaths to "WRITE" a lie!

"To speak no word that is not true".

Moiraine lied!!!

In the letter she gave Rand She is "DEAD".

but Thoms letter say's she is still "ALIVE".

How can this be since she is bound by the three oaths, one of the letters is a lie!

is it possible for one bound by the three oaths to "WRITE" a lie!

"To speak no word that is not true".

her exacat words were not that she was dead so its not a lie and since i dont have the book infront of me right know if it did say it some one else wrote it in her hand

Yes there is certainly more about Taim than we have been told, I'll give you that. I do not think Taim's beard has been brought up enough to be eligible for the BUT.

Saldeans with beards is mentioned quite often.  Why Perrin has a beard for example.

hrmm...yes, I see your point. I suppose this could qualify for the BUT. Whatever the BUT is, it is sure to cause quite a bit of head-desking when it is finally revealed. If Taim = not Taim it would certainly explain a lot.

Archived