DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai in Egwene's Accepted Test

mnwhiterose

I'm wondering if we can infer anything from Egwene's Accepted Test - namely with Beldeine being her Keeper. Isn't Beldeine Black? What about the Aes Sedai present during her test - we know Alviarin is Black, but what about the others. Is Alana Black? Would be a good way for the Dark One to keep track of Rand.

and are we ever going to see what happened during Elayne's testing? Did she betray Rand each time like Egwene did?

I'm wondering if we can infer anything from Egwene's Accepted Test - namely with Beldeine being her Keeper. Isn't Beldeine Black? What about the Aes Sedai present during her test - we know Alviarin is Black, but what about the others. Is Alana Black? Would be a good way for the Dark One to keep track of Rand.

and are we ever going to see what happened during Elayne's testing? Did she betray Rand each time like Egwene did?

Beldeine was black in the Accepted test, but so far we have circumstantial evidence that she is not.  The black sisters who traveled to kidnap Rand seem to have been introduced to each other and Elza never considered Beldiene a possible ally.

I don't think anything from the accepted test is true. It just takes reality and bends it to a purpose. Much like dreams do in real life (take real events and people but alters details and context). And as said, the DO has Elza to keep an eye on Rand.

I'd have to agree with you on that. If it were always true, then we could look forward to her marrying Rand!

Accepted test; first time is about past, second about present, third about future.

There might be a chance that some parts of any person's third coming true since parts have been fulfilled from Egwene's & Nynaeve's; and since other parts of their third could be indicated by various prophecies.

Fulfilled::

From Egwene's:

-Egwene as Amyrlin (without Oaths)

-Beldeine as Green Ajah

-Egwene captured by Elaida (or at least by Elaida representatives)

-Elaida as usurping Amyrlin

-Elaida having a Black Ajah confidante

-Egwene doing war inside White Tower

From Nynaeve's:

-Nynaeve married to Lan

-Existence of Sharina

Indicated by various prophecies::

From Nynaeve's:

-Nynaeve having Lan's children (Lan's Viewing of baby with sword)

From Egwene's:

-Egwene in danger (test: Black Ajah, she being turned; prophecy: Dream of she dying, Dreams of Seanchan)

Just as Dreamers dreams are sort of "this is true...possibly...most likely...it could be...yes definitely" I think the Accepted test is the same.  It draws from the person's life and then builds on that.

Egwene was obviously aware that there were Black Sisters in the Tower and so it drew on that for her, but the possibility that she would become Amyrlin without taking the Three Oaths seemed unlikely...then it happened.  Just like the Dreamers saw Moiraine standing with them but weren't sure how she would get there in one day...and then they used a portal stone.  So I think the events in the Accepted's test can be interpreted as possibilities.

I don't think Elaida is Black Ajah, as much as we would love for her to be.  I don't think Beldeine is either, and in the ter'angreal she was threatened into becoming Black rather than choosing it. 

So some of the things I think we can expect to happen but the other stuff was just the ter'angreal building a story for Egwene so she could choose the Tower.

• 1 month later...

I don't think Elaida is Black Ajah, as much as we would love for her to be.  I don't think Beldeine is either, and in the ter'angreal she was threatened into becoming Black rather than choosing it.

I agree with you about Elaida. She seems more like a cautionary tale of how those who are self-righteous can be every bit as evil as those who are 'truly evil', despite their so-called good intentions... after all, selfishness is the real root of all evil, and one can certainly be evil without being directly or knowingly associated with the DO.

Archived