DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The evils of laptops

Aran Corval Alandar

>:(  Okay, so I am lucky my house didn't burn down. My laptop power cord decided to short out and when I came back it was shooting little pretty blue sparks about. Luckily nothing caught on fire though my graduate thesis outline was sitting right by it. Luckily my computer didn't crap out due to this as well, which surprises me, otherwise you would all be without the glories of my being untill I got it fixed. So now..good thing I have an external charger for my battery cause now I have to sit here and play musical batteries every two flaming hours. *throws laptop power cord into air and anihilates with balefire* I hates it..hates it..*mutters*

Aran

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, that sucks, although it sounds like you generally got lucky. :D  We all got lucky, anyway, that you can still post. ;)

That's weird, though; I've never heard of that happening with power cords for laptops, although really it shouldn't be that surprising.  Anything that uses electricity can go wonky.  :P

I can't imagine having to sit and wait for a battery to charge for my laptop; I can deal with waiting to use my camera for a few hours, I can move around the house without my cell phone while it's charging, but I would be antsy as all get-out if I had to wait on my laptop.

So you have more than one battery, then?

Yeps, I do have two batteries..which luckily they charge pretty quickly. I know..I am so lucky!! The problem is this, my cat must have bitten through the rubber insulation so there was a bit of bare wire, which is why it was arcing. I can certainly agree with the statement about anything using electricity, I deal with that all day every day at my job  ;)

Glad I did a good job with the push-ups btw  ;D

Aran

I love cats; they're my favorite "practical" animal. :P

That sounds like a cool job to have!  So, once you've gotten your Masters, are you going to look for a job elsewhere, or start doing that stuff at the same place you work already?

;D  Firestarter!! Great stuff. I am lucky indeed!! Well, I like my job but due to economy may not have it much longer! I had planned on staying at the same place Meesh but who knows now. You just have to be very good at Math Talya...I've had to do Math problems that take up three bloody pages front and back. Course now with my job I do it all on a computer program now  ;D

Aran

Archived