DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Schoolwork!

cosmicpanda

Guest dragonsworn1991

I have a paper due on Law theories, one on history of law in america, and one on the history of the senate.

Not very fun at all.

I also have to prepare for a mock trial.

Because the teachers don't tell themto write it down she doesn't think she has to, butt she can never remember until she has gone to bed and then frets over it and can't get to sleep because she forgot to do it. So I get her to sit down and think and got through what she has had that day and try and remember the homework. It worked today, so hopefully that will be the course to take  ::) She hates getting told off, whether at home or at school...so I'm hoping slowly it will sink in!

Because the teachers don't tell themto write it down she doesn't think she has to, butt she can never remember until she has gone to bed and then frets over it and can't get to sleep because she forgot to do it. So I get her to sit down and think and got through what she has had that day and try and remember the homework. It worked today, so hopefully that will be the course to take  ::) She hates getting told off, whether at home or at school...so I'm hoping slowly it will sink in!

Ah, poor thing... Strange school, though, they must trust them more than schools usually do. Up until year 11 we had to write our homework in our planner and get a parent and teacher to sign it every week to prove we'd done it. How old is she? You could always get her a really nice notebook or something to write it down in to encourage her to...

I thought it was strange too, we always wrote ours down too. She is 9 so it's understandable that she may forget. i think thats a great Idea. I think I'm going to get her a nice book she can use, hopefully it will encourage her. when she did it tonight I made sure I praised he too, she likes praise alot, so hopefully that will encourage her too. She does take what the teachers say to heart, and literally and not do anything extra. The one time I perrsuaded to go a bit further she got a merit for it. I have trouble with her reading too. It's boring  :o and yet she loves to do it at bedtime, just not at other times. I have tried to get her to sit with me reading, but it's hard, she has so much energy she can't keep still for long, lol.

Archived