DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You Don't Want To See

OptimusPrime

don't want to see that Shaidar Haran is NOT Asmodean. It's just such a cool punishment, shoving an art lover into a creature that can't feel joy

On the contrary, i think SH can feel joy, its shown by his smile before he "punishes" Mesaana. Now im not saying that its something you or I would be joyful over, but SH is a sick puppy.

I don't want any bodyswap

I don't want anyone else to bond Rand (honestly, at this rate half of Randland's population will have stake in him)

I don't want channeling to die off entirely at the end of the series. I'd allow for it to wane GRADUALLY over a period of a few thousand years.

I don't want some retarded reason why Thom, Lan, Min and Gawyn will live as long their respective channeling partners.

I don't want Rand to suddenly start crying over something stupid. It has to be a proper, moving, emotionally intense scene. If he starts crying after seeing Moraine (sp) alive again, I'll go back in time and tamper with RJ's notes.

I don't want to see Ashamen bonded to Aes Sedai bullied anymore. I want for once, the two channeling sides to treat each other as equals.

I don't want Taim to end being a double agent, or something stupid like that.

I don't want Elaida to break down after meeting Egwene.

I want Egwene to beaten about a little by Elaida. I also want Rand and Semirhage fight. All out, no more irritating sense of chivalry and no darned quarter!

I don't want Elayne to do anything "incredible".

I don't want Elayne to look in control.

I don't want Elayne to be praised.

I don't want Elayne to live.

I don't want Elayne to act like she's so strong, smart, and knows what she is doing.

I don't want Elayne to get pissed off at everything that doesn't go her way.

I don't want Elayne lecturing Mat again.

I don't want Elayne to even think about how "hard" it is to cope with the fact that she'll be sharing Rand with Min and Aviendha.

I don't want Elayne to stay how she is.

I don't want Elayne to say anything else that might piss me off.

I don't want Elayne to be with Nynaeve.

I don't want Elayne speaking in that British accent.

I don't want Elayne to act like she knows what she is doing.

And I don't want Elayne to do anything else that I find, err, questionable.

This is good. I agree with all of this.

I don't want any bodyswap

I don't want anyone else to bond Rand (honestly, at this rate half of Randland's population will have stake in him)

I don't want channeling to die off entirely at the end of the series. I'd allow for it to wane GRADUALLY over a period of a few thousand years.

I don't want some retarded reason why Thom, Lan, Min and Gawyn will live as long their respective channeling partners.

I don't want Rand to suddenly start crying over something stupid. It has to be a proper, moving, emotionally intense scene. If he starts crying after seeing Moraine (sp) alive again, I'll go back in time and tamper with RJ's notes.

I don't want to see Ashamen bonded to Aes Sedai bullied anymore. I want for once, the two channeling sides to treat each other as equals.

I don't want Taim to end being a double agent, or something stupid like that.

I don't want Elaida to break down after meeting Egwene.

I want Egwene to beaten about a little by Elaida. I also want Rand and Semirhage fight. All out, no more irritating sense of chivalry and no darned quarter!

I agree with all of this. I particularly want the male channelers to be equals with the female and vice-versa. It shopuldn't end like, "and in the end, rand dies and all male channelers are bonded, to forever be slaves and crap like that to the females."

Ps: I hate the whole sword-forms thing, i want, 'rand cut the trolloc in half at the waist', not, 'rand did "Parting the grass" and killed the trolloc. I agree that the forms are an interesting way to tell combat, but we cant visualise it.

I dont want Nynaeve not humbled and to realise that men and women are equals. Come to think of it, i want ALL the women to grow up and be humbled.

Well, seeing as how this is an epic battle between Good and Evil (scoff), I don't want the DO to win.  But that never happens in these books anyway, does it?  How many of us would laugh if the whole series ends with "I have won again, Lews Therin"?  How many of us would be pissed and feel cheated?  I'd probably feel some of both.

I don't want to see Cyndane or Moggy die before they figure out how to get free of the mindtraps, because I have to admit that is curious.

I don't want Graendal to have been the one that actually killed Asmodean (I promise to post soon on the Asmo thread why I don't believe it was Graendal anyway, and it would be nice for me if it turned out I was right) :)

However, I don't want Graendal to die without first scoring some major awesome kills on her part for the Dark.  I actually like her and want to see what she can REALLY do aside from look pretty (she hasn't really actively done much else that we've seen while on-screen)

I don't want Demandred to have a death as anti-climactic as Be'lal's.  Seriously, Be'lal had the potential to be one super Bad@ss, being the "Netweaver" and all that, and he hardly had any screen time at all before he was BF'ed.  At least Aginor and Balthamel got to come back as Osan'gar and Aran'gar, but Be'lal got jipped.

I don't want Sheriam to die, but I would like to see Beldeine eventually become Keeper.

I don't want it to end before we see a brother/sister reunion of Mat and Bode, and he get to smack the crap out of her for trying to channel against him (which won't work with the foxhead, but you know since Bode has even more of a high opinion of herself than Egwene that she'd try, and she always antagonized Mat when they were in the TR, he ought to be able to get one over on her finally, for once in his life)

I don't want anyone in Bashere's family to live.  Not that I want to pave the way for Perrin to actually get the Broken Crown for himself, but basically the whole Bashere family gets on my nerves.  Bunch of self-important nutcases.

I don't want it to end before The Great Purge...I'd really love to see in the end who all the BA really are and who is not, I bet there's some great surprises in store there.

Also, I think it goes without saying, but I don't want anything bad to happen to Bela.

Something bad happening to Bela I would consider good if it stops readers from worshiping her.

Name a single person that worships her. I myself was taking the piss out of her like everyone else.

'worshiping her' might have been wrong for me to say.  'using worshiping language about her' would be more accurate.

Edit::  Just made the change.

Archived