DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things You Don't Want To See

OptimusPrime

So, here I think we should list things we wouldnt like to see happen. It could be anything from an event you dont want to occur, a theory you dont want to be true, or an answer to a long-asked question you dont want to hear. Here are my first few things.

I dont want Rand to be dead at the end. I feel that his character arc still has a way to go in terms of his "skill" so to speak, and as a result of all the viewings and whatnot Ive always believed that Rand might find a way to sacrifice himself in a way that allowed him to be alive again at some point, somehow. My view on that was reinforced by Mins viewing of Alivia helping Rand die. And I feel that Rands return is as concreted into the story as his death is and if he died AGAIN after coming back from the dead it would definitely, to me, be a pointless and disappointing outcome.

I dont want the name Rand al'Thor to translate to anything in the Old Tongue.

I dont want Taim to end up being related to Ishamael, Demandred, or in fact any characters we have met, not unless it has already been made clear that he is related to someone, in which case I have forgotten it. I mean related by blood, just for clarification.

Thoughts?

I don’t want Elayne’s pregnancy to last one day longer than necessary. Birgitte needs a drink.

I don’t really want to witness anybodies passage on a seafolk ship, ever again.

I don’t want chiad to give up the spear! Maidens are way too sick to get married.  Maiden 4 life!

And I don’t want Nerim, Lopin or Balwer to remain in the closet...or Taim.

;D ;D ;D

i dont want perrin to spend a day longer concerning himself about failes feelings......you've a world to save lad....on you move.

i dont want egwene to get the better of rand in any circumstance in any form at all.

i dont want the seanchen to advance any further.

i dont want fain to escape death by rand.

i dont want the forsaken to die to easily.

i dont want cadsuane to go through the rest of her life with her air of authority, if rands her greatest challenge(which is surely a given), i want her to at least be found wanting in some way.

i dont want to wait longer before the three boys have caught up with each other.

(i dont want much really...do i?)

i dont want perrin to spend a day longer concerning himself about failes feelings......you've a world to save lad....on you move.

i dont want egwene to get the better of rand in any circumstance in any form at all.

i dont want the seanchen to advance any further.

i dont want fain to escape death by rand.

i dont want the forsaken to die to easily.

i dont want cadsuane to go through the rest of her life with her air of authority, if rands her greatest challenge(which is surely a given), i want her to at least be found wanting in some way.

i dont want to wait longer before the three boys have caught up with each other.

(i dont want much really...do i?)

I agree with alot of this, actually though I dont see the Seanchan gaining anymore, Rand is getting ready to drop a bomb on them, and they are getting ready to get their hand slapped for going for the cookie jar (tar valon). I think with what lies in front of them and with Tarmon Gaidon around the corner they are not far after the White Tower attack from accepting the truce.

From what we have read of Rand further decent Cadsuane I think is going to have to realize what she is doing so far is not really working to much other then getting Rand to show some manners. She is going to have to do something different to achieve her goal of getting Rand to actually feel again.

As for Fain, I dont know if its going to be possible but I actually believe that his death should come from Perrin's hand, he did butcher his whole family you know. Actually if Perrin learned that he was the one behind it, the whole Perrin/fain thing might be good. Much better then if Rand of fain face off somewhere where he has access to the one power. Perrin would have to work alot more to kill him and I think would make the better read. He deserves his vengence.

Egwene showing Rand her anger is probably going to be nessessary, esp if it makes him realize even more he is accountable for his Ashaman's actions, and that he needs to have more control over the Black Tower that was his idea (via battle maybe and then Logain set up as the Top dog there, he has enough on his plate without have to stay and rule day by day at the black tower)

Things I wouldn't like to see:

A song and dance finale.

Malkier nd Manetheren making comebacks.

Naked Majsju. Too terrifying to contemplate.

Omg. A song and dance finale... too awesome to contemplate. What if Malkier and Manetheren combined instead of came back, and became Malkheren? Would that be better?

I wouldn't like to see Faile. At all. Like she gets put totally off-screen and is generally forgotten about. (Though still alive)

Also, I wouldn't like to see Mat taking two books to rescue Moiraine. OR A stupid cliffhanger ending at TGS with him arriving at the Tower of Ghenjei. Not cool man. Not cool.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, I also don't want to see...

...another description of the Amrylin Seat's study, or other areas that have already been described in detail.

...Rand swap bodies with Moridin(sp?).  I want Rand to keep his Aiel body, it makes him unique.

About Rand's death, there might be a chance that he might be resurrected.  Some prophecies seem to indicate that.

I am not sure if this thread would make any difference if the notes tell differently.

If Gathering Storm goes against people's wishes, it is too late to change it now.

I don't want Perrin to think about how much he loves Faile.

I don't want the Aes Sedai to act all cool and in control after the Seanchan attack the White Tower.

I don't want any Aes Sedai victories(not that it's happening).

I don't want Elayne to do anything "incredible".

I don't want Elayne to look in control.

I don't want Elayne to be praised.

I don't want Elayne to live.

I don't want Elayne to act like she's so strong, smart, and knows what she is doing.

I don't want Elayne to get pissed off at everything that doesn't go her way.

I don't want Elayne lecturing Mat again.

I don't want Elayne to even think about how "hard" it is to cope with the fact that she'll be sharing Rand with Min and Aviendha.

I don't want Elayne to stay how she is.

I don't want Elayne to say anything else that might piss me off.

I don't want Elayne to be with Nynaeve.

I don't want Elayne speaking in that British accent.

I don't want Elayne to act like she knows what she is doing.

And I don't want Elayne to do anything else that I find, err, questionable.

NO body swap...

I dont want Rand to die..

I dont want to see Faile survive TG

I dont want to see a Demandred-Mat confrontation...Demandred belong to Rand!!!rather LTT..i think if Rand fights Demandred we will see a real nasty side of LTT..He will probably take hold of the source and rip Demandred to pieces

umm...Kill Masema already...and I dont want Semirhage to escape..i want to see her tortured  ;D.BREAK HER!!!!!

No more Sitter talk and stupid politics...Get the tower together and march forth for TG!!!

and i definitely dont want to see Rand kneel to the Empress..He should command her to join him and she should accept.

oh yeah and i dont want to read much abt Gawyn..tht guy pisses me off

thts abt it i guess...

I'm not sure whether to laugh or take offense. I didn't know she even had a British accent. :D

My don't wants...

No bodyswap.

Don't want Min to live, she just keeps getting in the way nowadays.

Don't want a lame song and dance ending.

I don't want Perrin to think about how much he loves Faile.

I don't want the Aes Sedai to act all cool and in control after the Seanchan attack the White Tower.

I don't want any Aes Sedai victories(not that it's happening).

I don't want Elayne to do anything "incredible".

I don't want Elayne to look in control.

I don't want Elayne to be praised.

I don't want Elayne to live.

I don't want Elayne to act like she's so strong, smart, and knows what she is doing.

I don't want Elayne to get pissed off at everything that doesn't go her way.

I don't want Elayne lecturing Mat again.

I don't want Elayne to even think about how "hard" it is to cope with the fact that she'll be sharing Rand with Min and Aviendha.

I don't want Elayne to stay how she is.

I don't want Elayne to say anything else that might piss me off.

I don't want Elayne to be with Nynaeve.

I don't want Elayne to act like she knows what she is doing.

And I don't want Elayne to do anything else that I find, err, questionable.

Dope-sick! *wipes eyes*

I don’t quite share your passion, but a good post is a good post. Nice work.  ;D

I dont want Semirhage to escape..i want to see her tortured  ;D.BREAK HER!!!!!

Torture... Semirhage? A torture chamber would be like a brothel to that woman. You gotta tickle her...and read hearts of flame aloud. Let’s see how the b*tch likes that.    

I didn't know she even had a British accent. :D

Well if she does, she has the best accent in the world...apart from the Jamaican accent. Bob Marley had that accent.  ;D

Archived