DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you listening to?

mmeeshal

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started listening to heavier music I was pretty big into melodeath and power metal.  The first concert I ever went to was In Flames opening for Iced Earth in 2002.  I suppose it's a fun claim to say the first time I ever got bloodied up in a mosh pit was to the mother of all melodeath classics: Behind Space.  <_<

I went through a long period where I listened to pretty much everything that you could label metal, but I eventually resolved on a small handful of subgenres and struggle to take interest in much outside of them.  I like my metal with an occult or pagan aesthetic, and more often than not that implies at least a little cross-over into black metal.  If I do just want to bang my head a bit, I expect some traditional instrumentation in the package--Korpiklaani, Alestorm, stuff like that.

Outside of metal, I've been a fan of post-rock for ages and always felt it had a lot of interesting parallels to black metal.  The eventual merger of the two into post-bm has been the most delightful trend of this decade.

I like to think that music as a whole is constantly improving as more good ideas end up incorporated into the spectrum.  My all-time favorite band didn't even exist until 2008, and that's pretty cool:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

i do like kids...not so much their poop.

Listening to my a/c and to my dog destroying an empty peanut butter jar on my bed. Also to a kids song stuck in my head

post-5183-0-41420600-1497893130_thumb.jpg

Edited by mmeeshal