DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands lesson

NEisberg

I think it's to do with him bottling up his emotions because if he doesn't learn to let go soon and get his grief out of his system, which with the ammount he has bottled up is quite a bit, then the Dark one could use it against him.

I dont know about anyone else but when I went through a bit of a rough time with a close family member dying I kept it bottled up for a long time I was short tempered and couldn't keep my mind on anything. So when I finally let go it came on me like a tidal wave, but I felt so much better for it.

So if Rand could just let go he could go into the Last Battle with a clear mind and lighter heart and less likely to be distracted by any ploy of the Dark One because he WILL use any trick in a very big book.

Definately. But I still think it will be some sort of lesson that will teach them to stop being so arrogant, I mean they do think they are above everybody else (especially Taims cronies!). And thank you for taking my personal feelings into account!

I only used this personal experience to show how emotions can cloud your judgement if you let it get out of control.

But don't you think that Rand needs to let go of his guilt over the death of the Maidens etc. before the Last Battle? Because Shai'tan will surely make use of this weakness to defeat him.

I don't think that arrogance, exactly, is their problem. It's more...over-confidence, at least with Rand. He doesn't think he's better than everyone else; he hates himself, in fact. But time and again he's shown that he doesn't realize how fallible he is, and that attitude got him kidnapped, gave Fain an opportunity to injure him, landed him in a Far Madding prison, and cost him his hand. He needs to remember that he's just a man. All the Asha'man do.

The problem with Rand's arrogance is not in the nature of him being arrogant, its in the way his arrogance is born. Its externalized... he bases it on a role he plays, not on himself. Many of the Aes Sedai have this same problem. And yes, i suspect this will be one of the things that Cadsuane is addressing.

Archived