DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bringing the girl home (Attn: Adawyn)

Covai nudged his horse through the gateway, looking back over his shoulder to check Adawyn was following. As keen as she may have seemed at the idea of travelling to places instantly, she still seemed somewhat unsure of the gateway. Waiting for the horse to trudge through, Covai grinned as Adawyn ducked her head whilst going through. He had warned her about the dangeres of travelling, especially getting split apart by a gateway, and she had obviously taking the warnings to heart. It was still amusing watching a nervous first timer though.

It was around noon at the Tower. The area around the gateway was clear except for the two of them, which surprised Covai. The place was usually more busy around lunchtime. Waving for his cousin to follow, Covai let Adawyn to the stables. He wondered if Adawyn would ask him about the time difference. It had afterall, still been late in the afternoon and raining when they left. Here it was still dry, despite the murky looking rainclouds overhead.

That was one thing Covai had always found strange. Whenever he travelled to the wolfkin stedding, or anywhere else a great distance away, the timing never seemed to quite match up. He knew travelling was supposed to be instantainious. At least that what Jarron and ....he ...had told Covai and the other heads of the Black Tower. Covai guessed there was something to do with the distance itself involved, but whenever he arrived back at the Black Tower, things seemed fine. Covai shook his head. I guess its not really all that important. As long as it works. He thought quietly to himself.

Arriving at the stables, Covai was pleased to see the stable hands hard at work caring for the horses. Bidding them all greetings, Covai headed over to his horse's stall, ignoring the salutes they gave him. Dismounting, Covai led his horse to it's stall, calling for Adawyn to dismount and nodding to a stableboy to take care of her horse. Covai couldn't help but grin at the response she gave the lad when he offered to take her bags. It seemed that stubborn independence really was a family trait.

After taking care of his horse of rubbing his horse down, and giving it a fresh feed bag, Covai picked up each of his horses hooves and checked the horses shoes to be sure everything was fine. It wasnt that Covai didnt trust the stable hands, it was just he felt better knowing for a fact everything was fine, rather than just relying on habit. There was also a measure of peace to be found in good solid work.

Leading Adawyn to the Inn, Covai saw lunch was rounding to a close. Stopping one of the serving girls as she went by, Covai asked her to bring some light lunch to his room. Covai couldn't be sure how hungry Adawyn was, but if she wasn't hungry, he'd just eat the food himself.

Arriving at his room, Covai unravelled the wards protecting the door and opened it, allowing Adawyn to enter first. "Well this is my room." Covai stated obviously as he entered behind her. "You can throw your stuff in the corner for now, we'll look at getting your own room later."

"Now that we're here, you're no longer as free as you were in a normal city. No one here is going to harm or try to rob you, but there are still dangers. Also, if you try to leave by yourself you will be stopped at the gates, by force if need be." Covai reminded her, his tone serious. "If you have a reason to leave the Tower, see me."

Dropping his own travel bag on the bed, Covai eased his tone slightly. "Now, did you want to rest first? Or should I start with the tour?"

OOC: Your call. We can organise a room for you first, or show you around the place ;)

Everything was so new and amazing. As soon as Covai and Adawyn had gotten out of town, Covai had stopped and told her to wait. Wait? Why? The way he had been talking of the tower, the ride would be long and hard, not something to just wait around. However, before she could even process her thoughts into words, he opened up a hole in the air. What in the light? Covai led his horse to it, and checked on her. What was going on here? She had expected weird, but this was… unreal. He went through and she followed him in, ducking from being split apart on the gateway. She didn’t want to die.

They were led to the stables, and she looked around at everything to see. Light, there was a lot to see. And it was about noon, judging from the sun at the time. It was all wet and almost night back in Caemlyn, yet here, it was sunny. She didn’t even want to know where they were exactly… she was certain her brain couldn’t handle anymore shock. This was just too… different to her usual ways.

They entered the stables and were immediately surrounded by stable hands. She smiled at them all, fluttering her eyelashes from behind her hood. Wearing tan pants, a white blouse, black boots and her black cloak, she could have been mistaken for a man except for her shapely legs, the curves under her blouse, and the face hidden behind the raised hood. She let them see her long hair which was only pulled back in a ribbon and tossed over her shoulder, and they all seemed to flock to her.

Covai was ahead and told her to dismount, and she smiled at the stablehands. A few went back to work, but the brave ones stayed where they were, one holding the reins, another trying to help her down. She shooed away the helping hands and then led her own horse to the stall beside Covai’s. Light, couldn’t they just go away? One of the boys tried to take her bags, and she grabbed them from him. How dare he touch her stuff! She glared at the rest, and they all backed off. Light, what was she? A porcelin doll? These boys had better learn, she was a Seriba, she wasn’t to be messed with.

Covai was grinning at her, and she glared at him. How dare he grin at her problems? Men… She finally let one of them take her bags, and a few others, all grinning at her, take care of her horse. Standing against a banister, she crossed her arms over her chest and silently pouted as Covai took care of his horse. He finally finished and led her to a large building. She still had her hood up, and was glaring at any man that took a second glance at her. This had to be a joke.

He led her into what seemed like an inn and up to a room. He opened it and let her in first. She glanced around the room, and smiled to herself. It was cute. Now, she had two options. Rest or tour… well, she wanted her own room, but she did need to see around. And then, her stomach rumbled. They hadn’t really eaten before they left Caemlyn, and that had been hours before. Ok, yes, it was time to eat.

Turning to him, she smiled. “I think it is time to eat. And I do need my own room and all. How about we take care of those two details, and then you show me around, hmm?†He nodded, and there was a knock at the door. He went to it, and a man with her bags was there. “Thank you!†she cursed at him as she took her bags from the man. Covai stepped back as she glared at the man that had so rudely taken her bags earlier and was now returning them. “Keep your hands off my things!†she said to the surprised man, then slammed the door in his face.

Dropping the bags to the ground, she walked up to Covai, who was grinning, and pushed him on the chest. “Do you think that funny? Your little cousin has to deal with men that want to do things for her, and you grin? The young woman that is being treated like a doll is your blood, and you laugh? Covai Seriba, tell these men to treat me like a person right now!†There was another knock on the door, and Adawyn went to it, opening, demanding, “WHAT NOW?â€

It was a serving girl at the door, and she looked startled. â€I brought lunch,†she meekly said, and Adawyn sighed, pointing at the desk. Once the girl was gone, Covai fell over laughing. Going to the tray, Adawyn took one of the goblets of wine and took a deep drink. “I give up on you…†she cursed under her breath. “Fine, eat, get me a room, and lets see this place!†she said to him.

• 4 weeks later...

"You can leave your bags here. They'll be fine for now." Covai told Adawyn after they had finished eating. Re-warding the door as they left, Covai led her out the back through the kitchens. It was time to start the tour.

"Now, to start off with" Covai indicated behind him. "The Black Tower inn. I'll tell you a bit more about it. Firstly, the original inn was built by myself and Asha'man Dashiva a number of years ago. It was originally built mostly from wood, but after an inncident with the old soldier barracks...which is to say it was burnt down... The originally inn was taken apart and rebuilt from stone, as you can now see."

"There are kitchens out the back, which have now un-offically become the feeding grounds for the entire black tower, which explains why the inn is usually packed meal times. We’ve expanded the inn a few times in the past. Just as when the current structure was built, we use saidin mostly to construct it. It gives Soldiers and Dedicated a chance to refine their skills on a practical project, and allows us to try a few new things."

"Alcohol is available freely to dedicated and above, soldiers are limited in their supply though." Covai raised a hand to stop the protest. "This is simply to avoid uncontrolled channeling. The last thing we want is you then blowing themselves and each other up."

Taking what had now become one of the major roads amongst the tower, Covai led Adawyn towards the training grounds. "Those" Covai indicated to a series of buildings to their left "are the civilian quarters. Folks like yourselves who have relatives who can channel sometimes come along. Usually its a wife or mother who can't leave their husband or son. Sometimes its the whole family that comes along. Occasionally its by choice, other times the family has no other means to support themselves when the man leaves, so they're left with little option."

Covai ran a hand absently through his hair. "We allow men once they've reached Dedicated to move back in with their families once they've gained a certain control over Saidin and aren't likely to blow themselves up. Its not always a smart choice though. There have been times in the past where we've had rather nasty incidents. The taint's a hard thing to predict in a man." Covai decided he'd leave the rest vague for now. There was nothing to be gained by talking further about men who had succumbed to the taint.

"Most folks here though find it a fair trade. Wives and mothers can be surprisingly stubbon when it comes to some things. But considering these may well be their loved one's last days, I guess it's understandable."

Arriving at the edge of the training grounds, Covai looked around. It was fairly quiet at the moment, but he could still see Dedicated and Soldiers going through basic weaves. Covai himself could see the weaves easily enough, but realised to Adawyn they probably looked pretty strange. Turning to his cousin, Covai spoke. "Tell me, what do you think of the place so far? Anything strike you as odd?" Covai had refrained from playing anypranks so far, but the thought had crossed his mind.

Adawyn shook her head no, still drinking from her wine and eating a piece of bread. "Covai, we just arrived. I have seen an inn and a portal, so what is there to question? I suggest we look around this place some and you can explain or introduce me, then we can find me a room or something. I can assure you, as low maintenance as I am, a small room will not do for me to live in." She smiled sweetly, then went to one of her bags and pulled out a comb and mirror. Setting them on the desk, she combed some of her hair as he picked from the tray. "Bloody travel... now my hair is all... wierd." She sighed and just let it curl as it pleased, trying to finger pieces back. Returning the items to her bag, she messed with her dress and left cloak on, pulling up the hood.

Messing with her hair, she pulled it over one shoulder and let it come from under the hood, and pulled the hood low so that her eyes were almost hidden. Fidgeting with her dress a little more, she brushed out imaginary wrinkles and turned to him. "Ok, I am ready to go. Lets go see!" Not waiting for him to respond, she burst out the door, leaving him behind as she hurried down the hall. Going down the stairs, she heard him rushing behind her and she went out the door, into the cold sunshine, and turning back to see him standing there, rushing to keep up. "Well, come on! There is alot to see, dear cousin, and not enough hours in the day."

She glanced around, looking at the various buildings and people. She saw a man barechested, swinging a weapon around and fully intent on his work. Smiling to herself, she glanced back at Covai and asked, "Who is that? A soldier? A dedicated? I think I need to meet the people around here, Covai."

• 2 weeks later...

Rion breathed slowly as he twirled the quarterstaff between his fingers. Stripped to the waist Rion was trying his hardest to relax and so far it was working. He abhorred using weapons, bu he could deal with the quarterstaff when it was just this. Jocelyn had been right, it was very relaxing if you were tense.

There was little for him to be stressed about at the moment except for what his promotion had brough him. But trying to get the alright with his and Jocelyn's trip outisde the Tower in a few days. His excitement had been growing as he had been watching people put in the doors to his house and measure the windows for the future glass.

Rion shifted the staff to his right hand and swung it over his head slowly, coming to rest by his side. Rion let out a long breath and stood up straight, letting the tip of the staff fall to rest on the ground. He turned his head and jumped with a small yelp. Rion grasped his staff tight to keep his hand from visibly shaking as he stood still in the vision of an Ashaman he knew as Covai and another woman. Rion was frightened of Covai for sure since their last encounter.

"I...uh..didn't see you walk up. I was...was just finishing..." Rion dipped his head in both a greeting and what he hoped Covai would take as some sort of salute. He stood still, not wanting to be rude by leaving but not wanting to stay here much longer. A stranger and someone Rion was afraid of, not exactly his best element.

Rion

Mmmmm, someone looked very... fine. Adawyn smiled to herself as he twirled the weapon in his hands, and she bit her lower lip as she got a better look. His rock hard body was running with sweat from his intense training, and she and Covai walked closer... well, she walked closer, and Covai followed, trying to stop her. But what could he do? When Adawyn found eye-candy she at least wanted a few glances. Smiling at him again, she watched as he stopped, his chest rising and falling. Light, he had a cute butt. She had the extreme urge to pinch it just then, but put her hands behind her back before raising her hands up and letting the hood of her cloak fall down. Her eyes smiled at him as she shook out her hair a little, her eyes dancing.

"I...uh..didn't see you walk up. I was...was just finishing..." He seemed nervous... perhaps she had better make him relax... Walking up to him, Adawyn stretched out her hand to the weapon, touching it lightly before walking around behind him and letting her fingers lightly graze his back. Her other hand had to clench into a fist to keep from pinching his butt... light it was cute. "No worries, please continue if you want. I need to make sure I am protected after all." There was a slight pause as the man glanced between her and Covai, and she shot a glance at Covai who seemed to be glaring at the poor lad. Pausing in front of him, she dropped into a low curtsy, sweeping her skirts out around her.

"I am Adawyn Seriba, of Andor. Covai is my elder cousin. It is a pleasure to meet you." she rose back up from the curtsy, her eyes trailing from his feet, up his leggs, past his waist, along his chest, and into his pretty eyes. "And you are?"

Rion tightened his grip on the staff and took a large swallow as the woman began to walk towards him. There was a look in her eye that reminded him to much of what Jocelyn sometimes looked like, and the look that ended up with him blushing from head to toe. He didn't like it here though and he just hoped that Jocelyn wouldn't suddenly come into view.

Rion swallowed again and shivered lightly as the womans fingers trailing across his back. His mouth closed to a thin line and his eyes widened immensly. He was very glad for the quarterstaff to keep his hands from shaking. "No worries, please continue if you want. I need to make sure I am protected after all." Rion followed the woman as she walked around him with a turning head, his hands shook slightly even with the quarterstaff. Rion glanced at Covai to try and find something out but he found nothing in that allyway.

"I am Adawyn Seriba, of Andor. Covai is my elder cousin. It is a pleasure to meet you. And you are?" Rion fidgeted noticablly as the woman, Adawyn, rose from a curtsy. He didn't know what to think though he felt odly aware that his shirt was on the ground behind him as she looked him from toe to head. He shifted his arms in front of him and slanted the quarterstaff in front of him to try and cover himself.

He stumbled over his words and his eyes shifted back and forth from Covai to Adawyn. His cousin? "I am...um...I'm Rion Adamar..al..also of Andor. Ashaman of the..Black Tower." Rion sketched a half bow. "It is..a..uh..pleasure to meet you." Think you wish to become a man yet boy? She seems willing enough. I am Jocelyn's, my heart and soul. So? I'm not talking about marriage or anything, just some soft bed of grass and a pleasurable afternoon. Rion shook his head and pushed away the voice, trying to keep his cool as he felt like a small mouse in the eyes of a cat.

Rion[/i]

Jocelyn hummed to herself as she strolled towards the training yards from the house that would soon enough be hers and Rion's. She had been putting together a list of purchases they would need to make, though now she was looking forward to seeing Rion, to sharing some of her new ideas for decorating the house. She knew he was doing weapons training, much as she hated it, and she hoped to catch him still working, and perhaps watch him for a while. Even though he denied it, Rion was quite a sight to behold when he trained, his lithe, toned muscles rippling beneath his smooth skin, not to mention that rear she could happily watch all day...

Picking up her pace some in anticipation, Jocelyn smiled as she spied Rion, her heart growing at the sight of him, bare-chested and beautiful as he twirled his quarterstaff. She was still a ways off, smiling to herself as she remembered the time she had trained with him when she first came to the tower, how shy and bumbling he had been. Well he was still the same man, if now their relationship had changed, her love for him paramount, matched only by his for her. Though she still loved making him blush, more than most things.

Jocelyn slowed, drinking in the sight, oblivious to anyone else as she watched Rion, still unseen by him. About to approach him she halted, eyes widening as some woman she had not seen before stepped close to Rion, not missing the way her fingertips trailed across his back in a most intimate manner. Who was she? And how dare she touch him like that? He was hers! And...oh light...he was blushing?! Fury surged through Jocelyn as the wench dipped into a curtsey, the seductive look in her eyes unmistakeable. What the bloody hell was going on? Taking a step forward, Jocelyn clenched her jaw, her hands curling into fists in her skirts lest she reach out and strangle the woman, when something else made her pause. Rion's hands were shaking. Why? Was he nervous, or afraid? Or something worse...was it desire for the woman in front of him?

A painful lump formed in Jocelyn's throat as hurt mingled with her rage. Was this why Rion had never mentioned marriage, despite his love? Was she not what she wanted? Or did he have his eye on someone else? Surely not, she couldn't believe it, yet why was he bowing stiffly to this woman, his shirt still on the ground? Light, but how she longed to make him truly hers, longed to be the one to teach him all he had yet to learn about love and women, to be a true wife to him. But perhaps she was not what he wanted in a wife, maybe he preferred what was on offer in front of him...no, this was foolish thinking! He had asked her to live with him, he loved her. Not this light skirt with her fluttering lashes. Good heavens, she was jealous! The emotion was so new to her, Jocelyn had never really worried about female competition before, always managing to beat them at their own game...then again she had never been in love with a man that another woman showed interest in before. It was a horrifying realisation, but she couldn't seem to help it.

Silently she strode over to the trio, noting Covai's presence with an added scowl. After the way he had treated Rion, he was no friend of hers, and well he should no it. Stiffly she bent and snatched up Rion's shirt, thrusting it at him, her eyes glinting dangerously. Her anger had to be evident, though she hoped they couldn't see the masked hurt, she didn't want to be humiliated any more than necessary, any more than she already felt. How dare she! How dare they! Folding her arms beneath her bosom she flipped her long black hair over her shoulder and fixed a cold stare on her face, eyeing the pretty woman up and down, like only another woman can, assessing and weighing up. "Anyone care to introduce me?" She asked crisply, barely reigning in her temper enough to stop from saying more of what was on her mind.

Jocelyn

OOC: Ah, why not jump in. I can use the extra practice

IC: Dashiva scrawled his signature on a few reports a few of the instructing Asha'men had dropped off for him, and did the same for reports from the Asha'men out recruiting.

Shaking his head, he looked over his desk and smiled tightly as he saw he'd waded through nearly everything. That was a rare treat, and now he intended to leave before something rose from the papers and bit him.

Leaving his office, he wove a number of nasty wards to keep adventerous soldiers from sneaking in for a prank and left the Inn to have a quick jog.

The day was pleasant enough, and he decided to take a longer break and get in a more physical work out instead of waiting until nightfall. Heading to the training field, he stayed near the edge and stripped down to his waist.

He had spare uniforms, but he didn't feel like changing now for the workout, and again before going back to his office. Dropping down on his chest, he started doing push-ups and counting them off.

Stopping at two hundred, he rolled over and started doing sit-ups. he counted them off just as steady, not pushing himself and more enjoying the day. Standing up, he walked over to the tree holding his shirt and tunic, along with his weapons and drew his two handed sword.

Swinging the blade around in the drills that had been drilled into him as a Blight Scout, and had become the movements he always used, he stepped up the practice. Seizing saidin, and bending it to his will he wove Fire and Air ten feet away and increased the heat around him.

Bringing the heat upto and just a little hotter than the Blight, he went back to exercising, testing his self control and smiling. He hadn't been into the Blight in years, or felt it, and he suddenly felt a lot more aggressive. His blade moved with more energy than it had been, and he split his attention to form Earth in the general shape of Trolloc's and Myrdraal for his two handed sword to bit.

He seemed about to fall over, and she saw his hand tighten as he tried to speak. "I am...um...I'm Rion Adamar..al..also of Andor. Ashaman of the..Black Tower." He bowed awkwardly and Adawyn glanced at Covai, who seemed to be in his own world. "It is..a..uh..pleasure to meet you." He tensed for a moment then breathed again and Adawyn took another step forward, just two paces away from him. About to take another step toward him, this time to touch his chest, she noticed a woman out of the corner of her eye, walking up. Adawyn paused in her step, wondering if it was his sister or some other odd woman. She saw no ring for either person. She grabbed his shirt and tossed it at him before crossing her arms. Immediately, she didnt like the woman. Whoever she was, she needed to get away.

They glared at eachother, sizing, and for a moment their eyes held, both fiery and ready to fight, physically or verbally. "Anyone care to introduce me?" Adawyn gave her a half smile before glancing back at Rion. "I see I am not the only one with my eyes open..." Glancing back at the random woman, she said, "My name is Adawyn Seriba, and Covai is my cousin. I am busy at the moment, but we can talk when I am done, thank you." The woman's jaw dropped and Adawyn closed the space between her and Rion quickly. Taking the shirt from him, she dropped it to the ground, her hand brushing against his chest. "Please, keep training. I love how your muscles flexed." She fluttered her eyes at him and glanced at the random woman again, still standing their, envy and hatred in her eyes. Adawyn had the feeling she was on another woman's ground, but with that cute butt, only a ring would stop her.

Running her fingers back to his chest, she runs it down his arm, squeezing his shoulder before giggling. "So strong... you must have trained for hours. I hope you could teach me some time." Smiling at the still standing their woman, she rested her arm agaisnt Rion's bare stomach. "Is there something that you need?" This woman needed to go away, because Adawyn was determined to get her mark.

The blood quickly drained from his face and with nearly nervless fingers he took his shirt thrust at him by Jocelyn. He let go of the staff and let it fall quickly to the groun and hastily taking it in his hands and moving to pull it over his head. "Anyone care to introduce me?"

Rion looked around nervously as no one really moved for a moment. For him this was a very dangerous situation. He knew he had no intention of doing anything with Adawyn no matter what the situation might have looked like, but he also saw the evident anger on Jocelyn's face. Rion was terrified. He took an almost unconcious half step towards Jocelyn.

Rion smoothed his hands over his pants trying to steady himself. It had occured to him that Adawyn had been rather blatently flirting with him and he had done nothing to discourage her. Light what did Jocelyn think? It seems pretty obvious doesn't it. She couldn't doubt my love for her..could she? Seems rather obvious that she is. And for good reason, that woman wasa ready to start tearing clothes off. You should have fallen for her instead of this chaste Domani. You sure she is a Domani right?

Rion remained silent for a long while. For one he didn't want to risk himself digging a bigger hole than he was in now, and another that he really didn't trust his mouth to say exactly what he was thinking.

"My name is Adawyn Seriba, and Covai is my cousin. I am busy at the moment, but we can talk when I am done, thank you. Please, keep training. I love how your muscles flexed." Rion closed his mouth into a thin line and shot a nervous glance at Jocelyn and then to his discarded shirt.

Rion shivered lightly from both the touch and the nerves coursing through his system. He shot helpless glances to Jocelyn as he couldn't make himself move but knew that if he didn't this would only get worse and worse. "So strong... you must have trained for hours. I hope you could teach me some time. Mmmm. I could think of a few things that she could teach you that you would like boy. "Is there something that you need?"

Oh Light... Rion couldn't help but imagining what a small animal must feel like with two charging armies around him, and he sitting in the middle. Probobly not much different then what he felt now. Rion glanded down longingly at his shirt, but the arm against his stomach prevented him from actually reaching for it. He was pretty sure he wouldn't live through this.

Rion

"My name is Adawyn Seriba, and Covai is my cousin. I am busy at the moment, but we can talk when I am done, thank you." Jocelyn's jaw dropped before she could stop it, her eyes wide and incredulous. Who the hell did this woman think she was? Rion's shirt fluttered to the ground once more as this...hussy again laid her hands on him. Rion looked at her, almost helplessly, and Jocelyn almost screamed at him in her hurt and anger. Why didn't he step back? He did not have to let this woman touch him, in a way that only she had before. Why didn't he move?

"Is there something that you need?"Jocelyn almost choked on her fury, her hands clenching tighter in her skirts so that her knuckles were white. What she wouldn't give to wrap them around that slender throat and squeeze the life out of her. How dare she touch Rion like that, speak to her like she was a speck of dirt. Adawyn was the new comer here, and she was trampling all over Jocelyn's territory, almost deliberately, it would seem. And all the while Rion did nothing, the thing that probably affected her the most. Was that what he wanted? Some lightskirt to entertain him, while claiming to love Jocelyn? Didn't she affect him the way she used to, anymore? Light, all the times she had longed to teach him what he had yet to learn, make him truly hers and had stopped herself, not wanting to cheapen their relationship. It should hardly be a surprise that he sought fulfillment elsewhere, but she had just not imagined he would, had thought she was doing him a favour. What a bloody fool she was.

Taking a deep breath, Jocelyn tried to reign in her temper, to little avail. It would be easy to pick up the quarterstaff and teach the wench a lesson or two. Instead, Jocelyn bent deliberately and picked up Rion's shirt once more, shaking it some to remove the dirt. Wordlessly she again thrust it at Rion, though her eyes remained on Adawyn, flashing a challenge. There was no way she was going to stand idly by and let her steal Rion from beneath her nose, even if that was what Rion wanted. She would deal with him later. Right now, she needed to put Adawyn in her place.

"I need you to take your whoring hands off what is not yours." Jocelyn said icily, her voice cutting as her eyes pointedly stared at where Adawyn's hand still rested on Rion's stomach. Why had he still not moved? "Put it on." She snapped softly at Rion, her eyes blazing dangerously, her anger the only thing hiding the deep betrayal she was feeling in the pit of her stomach. Why had he not stopped Adawyn? Was it so difficult to step back, out of her reach? To politely brush aside her flirting, instead of basking in it, visibly shivering from her touch? Light, it cut her to the core, in a way she never imagined possible. Her life and her heart were tied up with this sweet, shy man, yet right now she wondered if indeed he was the same person she knew and loved.

"Then you can continue on your way, and if you have any sense at all you will stay away from Rion." Jocelyn's voice was dripping with poison, her whole stance rigid as she wavered on the edge of control, the situation she found herself in now having made her angrier than anything had in a long time. What she wouldn't give to slap some sense into the woman, who in one fell swoop threatened her very happiness and future.

Jocelyn

• 1 month later...

This new woman seemed about to scream, and Adawyn laughed on the inside, her cool composure still apparent to all. Why didn’t Covai just dismiss this woman and make her go away? She watched as her new enemy tried to calm down and went to grab the shirt. He caught the shirt as she thrusted it at him, and Adawyn had a cool smile. Did the woman think that Rion was her servant? That he would do whatever she pleased? "I need you to take your whoring hands off what is not yours." The woman glared at her and Rion stiffened at the words. Adawyn’s eyes iced over and her hand stroked Rion’s stomach again.

"Put it on,†she snapped at Rion, and he looked back and forth, confused. "Then you can continue on your way, and if you have any sense at all you will stay away from Rion." Adawyn stared at her for two seconds then began laughing. Glancing at Rion, her hand moved up his stomach to his chest. “Rion, don’t you just find it so amusing that some believe they own others? Honestly, we are all free! No one should ever have to follow commands.†Rion was still looking back and forth, and Adawyn took the shirt from him, a smile on her face.

“Rion, darling, why don’t you show me around the yards? I would love to see what happens around here…†Her hand trailed around to his back and grabbed his tush slightly. She giggled and threw the shirt at the whore that was still standing there in shock. “Why don’t you do something with that if you love it so much?†And Adawyn was ready to stand her ground.

Adawyn laughed at Jocelyn. Laughed? Didn't the woman have any sense at all to see she was playing a dangerous game, with the wrong woman? Red hot fury clouded her vision, unable to focus on anything but the hand stroking Rion's chest. It would be so easy to pick up the staff and crack Adawyn and Rion both over the head, two simple moves...

“Rion, don’t you just find it so amusing that some believe they own others? Honestly, we are all free! No one should ever have to follow commands.â€Jocelyn blinked at the words. She did not think of Rion as her slave, as a possession...yet he was hers. Well so she had thought. He had even told her so, told her his heart was hers. Had everything been a lie? No, she didn't believe that, but she thought their bond was stronger, had never thought Rion would be swayed by the next pretty face to cross her path. Burn them both!

“Rion, darling, why don’t you show me around the yards? I would love to see what happens around here…†Suddenly Adawyn's hand was on Rion's back, and then...Jocelyn's eyes widened in shock. Had the woman no sense of decency? At least Jocelyn had sense enough to touch him out of the view of the entire farm. And squeezing his backside, of all things! Jocelyn loved his backside...how dare this floozy touch it? And still, Rion had not moved! Anger and hurt flooded and mingled inside Jocelyn so that she couldn't think straight, could hardly breathe. She could see nothing but Adawyn and her hands on Rion, on the man she loved so desperately.

“Why don’t you do something with that if you love it so much?†Unthinking, Jocelyn caught the shirt as it was tossed to her, the words slowly sinking in. That was the last straw, Jocelyn had been patient long enough. Tossing the shirt aside, Jocelyn growled and threw herself at the smug Adawyn, her fist connecting with the woman's cheek before her hands found her throat, wrapping around the slender column and squeezing.

Jocelyn yelped in pain as hands tugged hard at her hair, causing her to release her hold on Adawyn's neck. Blinded by rage, Jocelyn swung her fist again, to feel a resounding blow to her own cheek. Growling again she kicked and scratched at Adawyn, before she was bodily pulled away from the woman. Her chest heaved from the exhertion, her cheek throbbing in pain as she glared hate at Adawyn. Struggling against the hold on her, Jocelyn slowly realised she had just attacked another woman like a fishwife, in front of witnesses. She flushed, her hair wild and her dress torn. If only Adawyn had kept her hands to herself...or Rion had stopped her...burn them! If only Jocelyn hadn't been so foolish as to think to wait for marriage to teach Rion what he did not know. If only...

Jocelyn

Rion always had thought that his mind was much stronger than his body. But at the moment his mind could have been a feather tring to push over a mountain for what it was making his body do as he screamed at it to move away from Adawyn. To move to Jocelyn. Light just to say one thing!

But all he could do was look between the hate and hostility between Jocelyn and Adawyn as that familer itch between his shoulder blades made him want to be anywhere but here. Between two men acting like this was one thing, but even Rion knew if you were a man you did not want to be in this situation.

“Rion, don’t you just find it so amusing that some believe they own others? Honestly, we are all free! No one should ever have to follow commands.†Rion looked to Jocelyn with a rather scared look on his face though he doubted she saw that she was concentrating on Adawyn's hand on his chest. Jocelyn owned his heart and he had given it freely. Jocelyn didn't own him. You may want to let this one tell you what to do boy, you'll learn much about being a man.

“Rion, darling, why don’t you show me around the yards?" Rion shook his head slowly as he felt Adawyn's hand move around back of him until he froze as her hand traveled downwards. He nearly jumped out of his boots as her hand squeezed his backside and he finally moved taking a hurried step back. How dare she! Bet that felt good boy.

Though in the end it was a good reason he stepped. He watched in shocked amazement as Jocelyn launched herself at Adawyn and the two began fighting for all they were worth. No no no no...this wasn't happening. Maybe you didn't chose to badly with this chit boy, that was a nice punch. You need to do something.

"Stop." His voice was lost to the catfight before him and he worked his mouth soundlessly as he reached out towards the two. "Stop it...." His voice was louder though still lost to the pair of woman. This is not the time to be timid. You have more power than this. Rion took the hint and dipped into Saidin, weaving air to take ahold of both of them. But Rion was afraid. Fighting would do this to him even though he wasn't a part of it. Beneath the anger he had felt fighting Covai had also been fear. DO SOMETHING! In a panicked rush Rion reached out with weaves of air to seperate the two woman. "STOP IT!"

Rion

The woman caught the shirt and Adawyn turned back to Rion, about to caress his cheek. What felt like a stampede of horses hit her cheek and she felt hands around her neck. Oh no this slut didnt! Adawyn grabbed her hair and pulled it hard before she got a good punch in, her hand aching all of a sudden. Her hands were clawing at the woman and she tried to kick her, fighting for her life. Suddenly, she was left alone again and Adawyn watched as she was pulled back. Light, it was an invisible force! About to attack the woman, she felt herself get pulled back and heard Rion yell, "STOP IT!"

Adawyn stared at the unknown woman and didnt even bother fighting the hold on her, she just spoke to Rion. "This brat started the fight, I did nothing wrong. I demand you set me free before this whore tries to touch me again." Glaring at Covai, she saw he was still in his own little world. "I want my room, away from this slut, now!" Glaring at Rion, she now struggled slightly. "Let me go! I want touch your precious mistress!"

• 2 weeks later...

Rion released the weaves holding the two quickly, as much from being yelled at as from feeling uncomfortable holding two women against there will. And as much as it seemed Adawyn was uncomfortable with the Power as Jocelyn had been earlier on. Or she seemed at least to have become accostomed to it.

He couldn't say anything, couldn't think of anything that he could possibly say. He had the feeling he was on thin ice already, that quite possibly both of the women in front of him were angry. Jocelyn because he had done nothing to stop Adawyn, and Adawyn because he had used the power on her.

Welcome to the real world boy. That rose of yours has thorns you know.

Adawyn's words fell on deaf ears, as Jocelyn was far too caught up in her own emotions to notice. It had been so long since the power was used on her, and it made her blood run cold. Last time she had been bound so was when she tried to flee, and the knowledge that she had reduced herself to such treatment again was humiliating. Indeed, the whole situation was humiliating. Why hadn't Rion done something? He could have stopped Adawyn, could have defended her! Instead she looked like a fool, beaten by this...lightskirt.

Jocelyn had done all she could to keep her hands from this man, had wanted to maintain his honour, had wanted to marry him. Light, she still wanted to marry him. She was supposed to move in with him, and yet the first pretty face he sees, he's practically fawning at her feet! Anger and hurt surged inside Jocelyn once more. How could he prefer this trollop's attentions to her?

The bond released, Jocelyn rounded on Rion, her eyes blazing with her turbulent emotions. How was it possible to love someone so much, whilst seethingly angry with them? She didn't think it was possible until now. Was he willing to throw all they had aside for a moment's gratification? If he wanted to be so shallow...well so be it, she would give him what he wants.

"Is that what you want?" She hissed at him. "Some floozy? Or is it just the cheap thrill you want?" Not giving Rion much chance to speak, Jocelyn stalked closer to Rion, pulling his face down and rubbing it in her cleavage. "Are you happy now?" Jocelyn's voice was raised somewhat, the anger evident in her voice. Still, as mad as she was, the hurt was stronger. Biting back a sob, Jocelyn pushed Rion back and turned on her heel, walking away from her onlookers before the tears that threatened could fall. Burn them both!

Jocelyn

Rion didn't even dare to breath as Jocelyn shoved his head away from her chest. The blush spreading down his cheeks and over his shoulders and down his chest from what the heat there was telling him, mixed with the thrill that had come with being where he was. He shouldn't have, had known that she had done that in anger. He had hurt Jocelyn and he should feel bad, but the flush and rush of desire that had come couldn't be stopped. It's called being a man boy. Shut up! Shut up you violent son of a goat! I have had enough of your flaming dribble and I will not have it now![/b]

"Are you happy now?"

As Jocelyn turned the hurt on her face was lost as the memory of the last time he had seen her like this. The voice in his head had already put the tinder, but the anger he had felt at that moment. He stood still oblivious to what the other two in the group were doing before starting after Jocelyn.

His anger began to bubble over as he refrained himself from shouting at Jocelyn. "Do you think my love for you is so meaningless, does it mean so little to you that you think I would throw it away, that I would choose anyone but you?"

"Maybe now you can feel what I felt when you ran away from me, when you took the love that I held for you and stomped it into the ground when you turned your back and fled!" Rion let out a long breath before turning the other way, stalking off in the opposite direction. He didn't trust himself to talk to Jocelyn right now, and part of him couldn't face the hurt he had inflicted on the woman he loved. Coward. You think I don't know that.

Rion

Jocelyn stiffened as she heard Rion speak, his words striking her to the core. He was right, how could she ever doubt his love? She hadn't thought he believed it meaningless, but was so blinded by her jealousy and hurt she didn't know what to think. Why had he let Adawyn touch him so intimately then? Clearly she had overreacted, hadn't given him a chance to explain...but still he could have stopped her! It was such a terrible mess.

"Maybe now you can feel what I felt when you ran away from me, when you took the love that I held for you and stomped it into the ground when you turned your back and fled!"The words tore at Jocelyn like nothing else had, causing her to hang her head as she heard Rion walk away, tears welling in her eyes. Not a day went by that she didn't regret leaving, turning her back on the only happiness she'd ever known. She hadn't even known he loved her then, though she knew of her own love.

What really bothered Jocelyn was the fact that he had thrown it at her at all. She had done everything she could to show how sorry she was, prove that she'd never leave him. And Rion had forgiven her. Well so she had thought. Clearly he still held bitterness in his heart over the incident, even though it had been some time ago now. What else could she do to prove her love and loyalty?

Jocelyn did understand though, how hurt Rion must have felt. She felt so betrayed...though at least after she had run she had been apologetic, not argumentative. Actually it was strange for Rion to argue at all. She sighed and turned her head, watching his retreating figure. "All I want is to be a wife to you, in every sense of the word." She whispered, as a lone tear trickled down her cheek. Brushing it aside angrily, she turned once more and continued on her way.

Jocelyn

The bond finally released on her and Adawyn got ready to fight her again. When was this slut gonna leave her alone? Thankfully, Adawyn was left alone and she watched the whore turn to Rion. "Is that what you want? Some floozy? Or is it just the cheap thrill you want?" Cheap thrill? Light, this woman was gonna get it. Not even starting to take a step, she watched in shock as the woman took Rion's face and rubbed it in her barely-visible busom. "Are you happy now?" The woman almost started crying and stalked off while Adawyn took a step to Rion. Her hand was reaching for his shoulder to try and comfort him, and offer her busom if he needed a cry...

"Do you think my love for you is so meaningless, does it mean so little to you that you think I would throw it away, that I would choose anyone but you?" Love? Rion was facing the slut and Adawyn's jaw dropped. Love? light, these two were bloody insane. She turned, ready to stomp off with Covai behind her, then her ear's perked up. "Maybe now you can feel what I felt when you ran away from me, when you took the love that I held for you and stomped it into the ground when you turned your back and fled!" That was it! That was their weak point! Adawyn could get him away from the slut.

Rion stomped by her and off to some unknown place, and Adawyn dragged Covai back to his room. "I want my own room... NOW"