A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game] PS3 Gamers

Blig Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bought Demon's Souls and, while not a PS3 game, Persona 3 (and several other PSP games).

Weirdly, I got through the first part of Demon's Souls, the castle place with the dragons and final boss of Phalanx, without dying once. Even killed the evil knight dude that took massive casting of Soul Arrow. Shame the door right next to him is locked... and I admit to not killing either of the dragons, though I really should go back and do it now that I have an idea of how.

I'm playing as Royalty atm.

However, I've died a few times in the next world (I guess? The place that seems to be in a swamp or jungle). But its damned fun, lots of unexpected fights but if you keep your eyes open and are willing to pull cheap crap on enemies, you're fine.

Well I'm playing P3 on a higher difficulty so that might be partly why. Both are tough.

Just P3, at the moment, is a kick you in the balls until you scream type of thing, with random wipes you can't plan or predict for due to random level design, etc. Demon's Soul if you're observant, careful, quick to react, and have a good memory at last resort... it seems like you're fine. It just doesn't pamper you. Though P3 is definitely easier to grind for on average.

Either way both are so much funner than any game I've played in a hugely long time, along with Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and Valkyria Chronicles 2 (I also got the PSP Lunar game due it being one of my first RPG loves on the PS1... kinda disappointed in how easy they made it with essentially limit breaks and stuff added).

Demon's Soul in particular has my interest. Alas, Superbowl tomorrow and then I have papers and stuff to write, so I likely won't beat it for awhile. Not to mention my aSoIaF re-read and likely Way of Kings re-read.

• Community Administrator

Your also playing Demon's Souls 'online' right? Cause those Red-Eyed Black-Knights are tough enough as it is, but against some players out there... well lets just say it makes Ganking or spawn camping in other games look like childs play. :P

I do have to agree though on the memory and that it doesn't 'pamper' you. If you have the kind of memory retention to remember where exactly everything on every level is, exactly what spawns where, and how it attacks, Then its definately going to be easier.

One of the harder bosses I think would have to be the Monk, Mostly for the fact that it IS a nother player. :P

The swamp level has a fairly easy end boss, The boss on the storm ones is fairly... easyish, when you get a certain weapon that makes it 100x easier. :P

The big bloated boss, with I think a giant cleaver stuck in its side? And in some stairwells, is easy, but also a real pain in the arse.

As the only way to fight him is first having killed a Black-Demon (which can be a player) Then you have to get in there, and try not to get raped by his tentacle arm things that grab your legs, pull you down, while he licks you to death. :P

Yeah I'm doing it online.

Funny story about the first Red-Eyed Knight I fought in the first level. I basically beat him my first time seeing him. I had no idea he was there and had cleared out the bridge thing you go across to get to him completely. When I saw him I hit him once, saw it had little effect, and began to kite. He hit me once, I lived and knew it was serious, so I didn't let him hit me again. He died after about five minutes of kiting.

• Community Administrator

Ah, try going head to head with him. :P

You can parry-counter strikes, but its a real pain in the arse to do.

When you see the dragon flying above the tower thing, if you got around 600 arrows you can take it down.. but it might take a couple hours. ;)

I killed it already. Was boring but only took about 20 minutes... I used Soul Arrow with the Fragrant Ring so it cost me absolutely nothing and yielded a bunch of souls. Worth it, IMO.

The area in general was annoying though. I could survive one breath and that helped a lot, but then I'd hit a whole bunch of enemies with only a bit of health left. Luckily I had my shield up really fast and killed them, but still a hell of a trap.

I got dumb and didn't notice the tunnels I could use, despite the Knight guy telling me, so I ran across the next bridge too. Same result as last one, then I realized I could kill the dragon when it was on the ground and if I aimed well.

And I'm not dumb enough to go head to head with the knight. My character isn't built for that (Okay I got up to 22 strength to use the Purple Flame Shield from the Dragon's Hoard area in the first world). She's made for magic and stuff. Most things are dead before they get near me and those that aren't suddenly find me a few feet away again. I don't think of it as cheap so much as strategy :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived