DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] So You Think You Can Dance

Mendorah

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts! I'll keep up a post up with my thoughts as I watch, 40 minutes! ;D

The Bollywood Bombshells were hot! That was really cool, I love the Bollywood dance style! Win! ;D

First couple! Kayla and Evan: It was nice, not spectacular. I think it's awesome they gave him heels and had her dance flat! I'm going to be voting for Evan a gazillion times because he's my favorite dancer, even if he's not the best!

Brandon's solo was pretty good. Lots of kind of flailing...sometimes I don't understand that style.

Second couple: Jeanette and Ade, loved it! I think they are both superb dancers, they should be a good couple ;D

Randi's solo was much better than Brandon in my opinion, more of a connection with the music. One of my favorite women ;D

Kupono was Kupono. I"m not a big fan.

Third couple: Janine and Jason. Wow. Travis's choreography was amazing. Probably my favorite routine of the season plus the  Wade Robson Jazz routine that Brandon and Jeanette did last week. They were fabulous. I can see why they were kept on now.

Melissa's solo was pretty but not omg wow.

Evan's solo, this is why I love him ;D

Kayla's solo, pretty pretty. Again, for some reason I'm not feeling contemporary this year :/

Fourth Couple: Kupono and Randi. My favorite style! I love the Paso Doble (sp). Randi looked hot! I love that dress! And the wig look fabulous. Having said that, not spectacular. I think they're in trouble :/

Ade's solo. I love that song! *loves Oldies* It was a really good solo! And Mmmmmm shirtless! Wow that flip!

Janine's solo was fabulous ;D Very good!

Jason's solo was more interesting than some of the other contemporaries. It seemed to have a story! His legs and arms go on forever!

Final couple: Melissa and Brandon! I love this song ;D And I loved the routine! I think they did really really well ;D

Jeanette's Solo, she's a Salsa dancer for sure! It was good.

The guys African danced sure was interesting! I'm not sure they hit everything superbly but it was entertaining. Looks reaaaally hard! It was interesting to see the different nationalities of the guys dancing on stage: Two African-Americans, a Hawaiian, a Latino and a white guy.

Has anyone else noticed how different it is this year? It's been basically only Hip-Hop this year, none of the myriad of styles that we've seen in previous years. Napolean and um...his wife I forget her name, have been doing most of the routines as well. We've barely seen some of my favorite choreographers. I"m rather sad about all that :(

OMG - Jason and Janine - I got chills from their routine. Travis is phenominal as a choreographer, but we saw peeks of that last year when he was the choreographer for the auditions. Didn't like Jason's solo so much, but I think they will be safe. At least we know that this one will be shown in the finale.

Randi and Kupono - in trouble.

Evan and Kayla - Evan is in serious trouble, I think. I did think it was hilarious during the guys' routine that he was the only white boy. And he didn't even tan to try and blend in - he was mayonnaise white.

Don't really remember Ade and Jeanette - not a good sign. Jeanette's solo was weak, I thought.

Loved Brandon and Melissa.

Travis is phenominal as a choreographer, but we saw peeks of that last year when he was the choreographer for the auditions.

Is this the same Travis who appeared (last year I believe) in drag to do a routine for "It's Raining Men"?...Cause if so...I LOVE HIM for doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the first half, but caught everything from Melissa's solo onward (I'm housesitting somewhere with cable *g*).

Melissa is good, and I like her, but she's not actually a spectacular ballerina. She's well trained, but not spectacular. However, all of her performances are enjoyable, as is her persona. I'm rooting for her to go further, but I doubt she's in contention for the win.

Evan's solo was fun, he's quite good at what he does, but he's just not strong enough in everything else.

I don't like Kayla. I think she relies too much on flashing her flexibility, but otherwise feels very insincere in her dancing, in my opinion.

Kupono and Randi. Were. Awful. This was a terrible dance. Kupono just isn't physically strong enough to throw Randi around the way he was supposed to. Their lifts and throws looked weak and awkward, the wig was awful, and there was no passion. The music completely overwhelmed the dancing. Boo.

Ade's solo. I generally like Ade, but he looked spastic trying to dance so quickly to music with such a laid back beat. Also, I felt like a couple of times he thought the music was about to end, almost stopped, then realized it wasn't ending, so he started again. That gave his performance sort of half-assed feel. He should have been giving it his all until he actually heard that music.

Janine's solo. This was a really good solo, though I don't think she has a chance to win. It wasn't as random as some of the other contemporary types, she was actually connecting with her audience and performing for them, instead of showing how "passionate" she was about dance by flailing around aimlessly onstage, then throwing in some kicks and flips to show off athleticism and flexibility.

Jason's solo. I don't even remember this. I guess that says a lot about how exciting he is.

Melissa and Brandon. This was good! They did a great job conveying the spirit of the piece, and worked well together/were in sync. It was a good end to the couples dances.

Jeanette's solo. She's kind of amazing. She doesn't have the best shaped legs I've seen, but she uses them far, far better than anyone else, and that makes them look spectacular. I think she's the strongest female, and I'll be surprised if she doesn't make it to the top.

K, so I'm watching last night's show on sidereel during the commercial breaks and when there's no dancing on tonight's show.  I'm totally going to post a bunch of single posts instead of one big long one.

I just saw Evan and Kayla's Viennese Waltz.  Their dance got some emotion from me.  The whole routine was so elegant and very sweet.  I loved it.  I get what Mary is saying about the technique of the actual Viennese Waltz, though.  I have to say that Kayla just impresses me every week.  She is definately in my top three girls.  I'd say top two, but she's tied with Melissa for me.  She could totally win this.

Well poop  Nevermind.  Megavideo crapped out on me.  I'll just be watching tonight's episode.

Couples:

Melissa and Ade - Contemporary (Tyce Diorio), Cha Cha (Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)

Jeanine and Brandon - Pop Jazz (Laurie Ann Gibson), Waltz (Hunter Johnson)

Kayla and Jason - Broadway (Tyce Diorio), Hip hop (Shane Sparks)

Janette and Evan - Jazz (Sonya Tayeh), Rumba (Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)

General spoilers:

- Laurie Ann Gibson to choreograph pop jazz, using a Jordin Sparks song.

- Travis Wall is doing a group number.

- Shane Sparks to be involved with something.

- Ellen DeGeneres will be on the judging panel, along with Mia I believe.

- Two dances per couple this week.

Yay!  Shane Sparks!  And it'll be interesting to see Janette and Evan doing the Sonya number.  I think this will either make or break Evan and will seal the deal on Janette being my top girl if she pulls it off as well as all the other styles.  Does anybody remember if she's done Contemporary yet?

Archived