DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

who is Mordeth

lordofsoup

Who is he really, I know he brought the taint to Shadar Logeth, but how do the forsaken know him?  Did he have some sort of connection with them at some time?

Ziggdiezan's thread got me thinking about this and i am curious. 

So he just came out of nowhere? It would seem more likely that he was employed by the DO to destroy Aridhol from within. He later disobeyed and that's how there are two opposite evils. There are some similarities between Mordeth and Fain if my theory is correct.

Dragoncon 05 reports:

Q21 – Part 1: How did Aginor manage to sense the Shadar Logoth dagger in the EotW?

RJ: That has to do with the end of Winters Heart. It’s an effect of resonance. The dagger is the same evil as the evil of Shadar Logoth. You can say it’s diametrically opposite to the taint, that’s the evil on saidin. Rand, in one point in Shadar Logoth, feels it repulsing with each other. And especially in the wounds on his side. There is a resonance created. A positive and negative pulse of evil, you might say.

Q22 – Part 2: So it doesn’t require actual channeling?

RJ: No, but you have to be close to it. It’s not something you can sense from a close distance and use to track Padan Fain down.

RJ's blog:

For the ever-popular Anonymous, Fain might be said to be contagious in the sense that he corrupts those he is around long enough, but not in the sense that they then have something communicable.  As for his influence over people, remember that Fain is now an amalgam of Fain and Mordeth, and Mordeth was a counselor, quite accustomed to and skilled in gaining the ears of the mighty.  And yes, Amico Nagoyin was Yellow, and Berylla Naron Blue.

Dragoncon 05 reports:

Q23- Part 1: Why did Padan Fain go to Falme and why did he leave before Rand arrived?

RJ: He was trying to gain a power base. His early attempts to do things, were by siding … he is trying to get close to someone in power, to influence him. Remember Padan Fain is also Mordeth, and Mordeth was a counselor, Mordeth was a guy who whispered poison in the ear of the king, and had a great deal of power because of it. So Padan Fain has this part of him that wants to influence power and that is what he was doing there. There are these invaders and what rumor says about them is correct.

Who is he really, I know he brought the taint to Shadar Logeth, but how do the forsaken know him?  Did he have some sort of connection with them at some time?
No. Mordeth was around in the Trolloc Wars, a thousand years after the Breaking.

Nothing that is known about Mordeth ties him in any way to any of the Forsaken. Which makes it unlikely that the dagger is what drew Aginor and Balthamel to the Eye.
Don't trust this man.

When Moraine finds out about the dagger she said that Fades or dark friends could sense it? Mordeth was the man who became the council of the king of the would be Shadow logath. he said that they had to be as hard as the shadow if they were to win. so people started to fear when the Banner of Andrihol was brought to fight the trolloc's. their suspicion started to feed on itself and the town literally swallowed it self up. it was a different kind of evil than the dark one. in the trolloc war's one of the dark one's army camped inside the ruin. they never came out and people that went in saw trolloc righting that begged the dark one for their lives.

Hope that helps

Archived