DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

big geographical changes

just wondering what people thought the geographical changes that are coming would be, since rand is going to break the world again. post breaking, possibly the aiel having their own country, dunno where. maybe the space between tar valon and the borderlands. the borderlands might have to unify or let perrin have saldaea for his country that isn't called manetheren, but come on, if it looks like manetheren and has the same people as manetheren, it's manetheren. malkier might be back, and i think murandy's a goner. especially with people sniping off little bits of it *cough cough Andor*. Seanchan will get the entire south and west and will need to have the damane thing beat out of them, in order not to have the entire continent go to war with them. but yeah, what do you guys and girls think?

It may not be changes of geography, we really have no idea what is meant by Rand breaking the world, personally, I doubt it'll be anything like the last breaking, seeing as Rand is a single man, where the men in the first breaking numbered in the thousands.

I think the world is "breaking" now.  Old conventions are being thrown out the window, mass migrations have caused a spread of new ideas and ways of doing things.  People who were in control(AS) are no longer in control.

The world (all of it) is experiencing a social revolution.  And academics is progressing in leaps and bounds.

I don't think he'll break the world as the AS did during the breaking.

Moiraine told that Tarmon Gaidon alone would break the world. (Great Hunt Chapter 49)

The context could point to either a literal geographical breaking or a political/social/cultural/etc breaking.

Saldaea would probably remain and Malkier would probably return. The rest of the borderlands might be combined.

Seanchan (continent) would probably remain.  Probably also Andor & possibly also Cairhien (nation).

Illian (nation) I think would remain.

I'm sure that Dragonmount will blow its top at some point ('cos c'mon, man, it's a big ol' freakin' volcano that's been looming over us since the prologue of the first book--it's gotta blow, it's just gotta) and destroy Tar Valon; that ought to produce some changes.  ;D

More of a social change in my opinion. It would be cool to see Malkier become a Nation and the way Nynaeve is acting, she and Lan might just repopulate it all by themselves. ;D Like Kaznen said, the academics and changes to the political schemes sound more probable than physical. There will be changes in the physical part but not to the extent of Lews Therin Telamon and his buds.

Yeah, I think I'll just repeat what about everyone else here have said. It's a social/political change rather than a geographical change because it's just simply impossible for Rand to do something of the magnitude that happened during the Breaking.

Moiraine told that Tarmon Gaidon alone would break the world. (Great Hunt Chapter 49)

I believe that part of the breakin' is the rupture in the continuous struggle to unite the land. Several times the light tried to accomplish a "united world" of some sorts (Ten Nations, Hawking, Post-Aiel War) and the shadow always destroyed every attempt. This age is cleary marked as a "dark age", were ppl were afraid, alone and kingdoms were disunified and fighting one another.

Not saying that TG/Rand will fix it all. We seen Nicola's foretelling about a war over, but still battles to fight. But at least we will see a change, where the world can start movin' towards a unified nation.

Well.. i dunno if the struggles of the 4th,5th,6th and 7th age are with the shadow!! If Rand can manage to seal the bore anew, by himself, by some sort of miracles, or even by lettin it heal on itself, we can imagine that after the 5th age the DO would be forgotten. Then what? what happens? alien invasion? Stargate(portal stones?)?

But in the long run... yeah.. that's it... light do good, shadow destroy it, light do good, shadow destroy it....

As many before have said, the Second Breaking will differ from the first. We've seen socio-political changes when we first started in TeotW to KoD. For example, instead of a myriad of kingdoms as there were in the beginning, now there are essentially three sides: the pro-Seanchan southwest, the anti-Seanchan northwest/southeast, and the Borderlands.

Also. Tarmon Gai'don will be basically a second Trolloc Wars and there will be massive devastation across the continent brought on by both hunger, disease and Shadowspawn hordes.

let perrin have saldaea for his country that isn't called manetheren, but come on, if it looks like manetheren and has the same people as manetheren, it's manetheren.
And if it looks different, has different people, different laws and customs, and is completely different then it's not Manetheren. Manetheren is dead. It is not coming back.
malkier might be back
It won't be.

Tarmon Gai'don will be basically a second Trolloc Wars.
No, it won't be. It will be very different, by virtue of not lasting centuries. Or even years.

Which then the Shadow will destroy again and the cycle repeats itself? Wow that must be boring for the DO!

Boring, indeed. It explains why the Creator has hired out his half of the fighting.

'hired out' seems to be inaccurate when being applied to the Light side.  Being hired implies the people being explicitly told what to do.  The most Light-sided people have from the Creator has been implicit instructions.  Maybe 'chosen' or 'delegated' might be more accurate than 'hired out' when applied to the Light side.

'hired out' seems more accurate accurate with the Dark side.

Which then the Shadow will destroy again and the cycle repeats itself? Wow that must be boring for the DO!

Boring, indeed. It explains why the Creator has hired out his half of the fighting.

'hired out' seems to be inaccurate when being applied to the Light side.  Being hired implies the people being explicitly told what to do.  The most Light-sided people have from the Creator has been implicit instructions.  Maybe 'chosen' or 'delegated' might be more accurate than 'hired out' when applied to the Light side.

'hired out' seems more accurate accurate with the Dark side.

No, the Creator sub-contracted his role in the struggle to the Dragon.

Archived