DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gelb

kilika

Was looking at some yellow copier paper and had a flash back to Primary School German.  Gelb. 

Florin Gelb.  The snivelling guy that got thrown off Domons boat in tEotW and later on was kidnapping women on behalf of Egeanin in Tanchico. 

We all know RJ had a love for language, and also for American history and occasionally old sayings (maybe even from western films?)

Gelb is Yellow in German as I'm sure most of you will know. 

Any coincidence that the character of Florin Gelb should be given the name Yellow, considering his "yellow-bellied" behaviour throughout the series.

;D

:P

Just an observation, and may actually just be coincidence.  But I love the small intrigues so might as well share my thoughts. 

When I was unofficially auditing Hebrew (ok, ok, I couldn't afford tuition so the prof let me sneak in so long as I didn't get caught  >.>) I found out that the Hebrew word "Par" means "young bull."  Make it plural--Parim...it's kinda close to Perrin. :-\

Yet her whole first name is Elmindreda.

Yet she goes by Min.

The point I was trying to make is that the author might have had a different meaning in mind than the one the other poster suggested.

Many people go by abbreviated versions of their actual names.

Archived