DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So I just finished CoT!

arkinia

And I have a few questions I just know you would all love to answer for my lazy self.

Did Egwene plan to get captured? From the PoV she seems surprised, but then in the cover flap of KoD it sounds like she planned to infiltrate the White Tower.

Is the letter from the dead woman that Thom is clutching from Moiraine or Morgase or who? If he told us I guess I missed it.

When Mat says something like "It was all for nothing" after Tuon gives Luca the warrant granting her protection, was that because the warrant would have protected Luca from anything Renna could have summoned? I didn't quite understand this because wouldn't it also just be proof that Tuon was there if he had to use the warrant; it had her name on it. Wouldn't they want to avoid notice?

Then do the Seanchan want to kill Tuon now that they have apparently "replaced" her as hinted at in the epilogue or do they just hope she disappeared?

Do Dreamers and Dreamwalkers hold two different abilities or are does one entitle the other? I ask this because near the end Egwene tells us that the sisters aren't buying her dreaming ability and I wondered why she couldn't be like, "Hey meet me in Tel'aran'rhiod. Oh, look I ain't need no ter'angreal!" And they'd  be like "Oh." This should be pretty obvious I just want some confirmation.

If you feel answering any of these questions would spoil anything for me (probably not) and you feel obligated to just tell me to read KoD, that's cool. Also I acknowledge the possibility that the reason I don't know the answer to one or more of these questions is because I'm an idiot (however unlikely)!

Then anyone notice the barrage of typos in the last few chapters in CoT? I mean I can recall like 4 in the whole series and then there is like 4 in the last few chapters alone! That is a barrage!

Oh! and then anyone feel like Juilin is taking advantage of Thera? She seems like the epitome of low self-esteem. I don't really mean to criticize, but it seems like an interesting question to me.

So excited for my reread, so close!

Dreaming and Dreamwalking are the same thing.

I always thought that Dreaming and Dreamwalking were different. I believed dreaming was just having prophetic visions like Foretelling and Dreamwalking was the ability to visit Tel'aran'rhiod without aid of ter'angreal. It seemed that all DreamWalkers are Dreamers, but not all Dreamers are Dreamwalkers.

This aarticle didn't really give any information either way: http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Dreamwalking

Do Dreamers and Dreamwalkers hold two different abilities or are does one entitle the other?

Dreaming and Dreamwalking are the same thing.

RJ actually stated that they arn't, though they do seem to occur together. It makes you wonder if the ability to enter the star place were dreams are is yet a third talent.

Dreaming and Dreamwalking are not the same. Not all Dreamwalkers are Dreamers, but most of them are. If I remember correctly.

I'm not sure--every dreamer we've met could dreamwalk--at least so far as has been displayed. I suppose the lack of any comments by the forsaken dreamwalkers about dreams predicting the future might suggest this, given the frequency with which Egwene thinks of her dreams--but still, we don't know it.

No, Dreamers don't enter the actual t'a'r itself. They Dream profetic dreams.

The BWB:

Some Dreamers can dreamwalk, having the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, as well as other people's dreams, but all Dreamers have visions within their dreams that go beyond anything they might see in either of these places, that seem to tell of future events in a fairly specific manner.

Yeah--and btw thanks nightstrike for the quote, now i read it again i see it does seem to differentiate all three talents.

Incidently this distinction is raised in the series too, if subtly. Moiraine asks Egwene if learnng of Siuan's fall is something she learnt dreamwalking, or whether her ability as a dreamer finally menifested itself.

Archived