DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shock and Awe

Builder

We're assuming no production delays here, and unlimited resources, right?

Defensive lines of heavy armored fighting platforms and lighter armored troop carriers just south of the Blight.  Park a couple of missile cruiser's off the coast north of Saldaea.  Then start frequent air and missile strikes moving in from the edges, full on carpet bombing.  Push everyone together around Shayol Ghul, as much as you can, anyway, then fire one missile with a full Tsar class 100 megaton warhead right into Shayol Ghul.  The world can take one.  Follow that up with a flood of conventional missile strikes around the perimeter.  With satellite surveillance, any southward movement will be immediately detected, and gateways can move the armored fighting platforms to any location they need to be.

Follow that up with systematic carpet bombing of the Blight for the next 3 years ... that should obliterate the Blight's ecosystem.  Keep satellite surveillance active and maintain about a half strength defensive presence on the Blight with Asha'man or Aes Sedai to facilitate transport.  Continue conventional rocket attacks on any group of Trollocs or other Shadowspawn detected north of the Mountains of Dhoom.

Finally, once everything had been pounded into rubble, move north with everything, full armored advance with Asha'man and Aes Sedai support.  Throw in a whole bunch of gunships just for kicks ...

In short, no Last Battle, just us knocking the &*%# out of the Shadowspawn.  Not very interesting.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fire one missile with a full Tsar class 100 megaton warhead right into Shayol Ghul.

haha.. Exactly what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. Just one.. Well survive that.. The radiation might even make the Trollocs unable to "perform" so theyll die out.. (they do mate, dont they) They will also have teeth standing straight out, and possibly develop leprocy...

I'm actually surprised no one thought use the nukes until now. It's not like there would be mutually assured destruction or anything, since the shadow doesn't have any. and the radiation from the bomb can't possibly corrupt the blight's ecosystem more than it already is. hopefully it's powerful enough to get rid of those pesky worms. I still want to see one of those though.

and the radiation from the bomb can't possibly corrupt the blight's ecosystem more than it already is

Hooo boy, are you in for a surprise.  You know how it takes all day for a lurk to die?  With radiation mutation, after they die they become UNdead, and an undead fade is even harder to kill.

If the Blight were radioactive we would be in big trouble - undead shadowspawn are the worst kind of enemy.  Don't nuke the Blight, man!

and the radiation from the bomb can't possibly corrupt the blight's ecosystem more than it already is

Hooo boy, are you in for a surprise.  You know how it takes all day for a lurk to die?  With radiation mutation, after they die they become UNdead, and an undead fade is even harder to kill.

If the Blight were radioactive we would be in big trouble - undead shadowspawn are the worst kind of enemy.  Don't nuke the Blight, man!

I'm sorry, how the HELL would radiation turn anything into UNDEAD? Really...?

I'm sorry, how the HELL would radiation turn anything into UNDEAD? Really...?

Man watch some zombie movies, it's either a witch doctor, a crazy viral infection, or a nuke. :P

I'm also very surprised that neither I or anyone else thought about the Forsaken!! If they do all sorts of shit with our troops and tanks, how the hell are we going to win? We would have to use the latest in satellite surveillance and cruise missile technology to hit a Forsaken before they can gate out of there. I think the Forsaken would be the worst thing the DO could throw at us, and lets not forget the Dreadlords that Taim is training.

I'm also very surprised that neither I or anyone else thought about the Forsaken!! If they do all sorts of shit with our troops and tanks, how the hell are we going to win? We would have to use the latest in satellite surveillance and cruise missile technology to hit a Forsaken before they can gate out of there. I think the Forsaken would be the worst thing the DO could throw at us, and lets not forget the Dreadlords that Taim is training.

I hope you noticed the Asha'man and Aes Sedai support that I had with every ground unit.

Although the Power does offer some even better delivery methods.  Open a gateway right above the target, fire a missile through, close the gateway; no time for the Forsaken to see it coming and get away.  You could stick the warhead right in the middle of Shayol Ghul like that.

The Forsaken and Taim's rebels might have to be dealt with by channelers, but then again, a regular dude with an automatic weapon has a much better chance against them than fellas with swords and spears.

A nuclear strike in the center of Andor is a bit extreme, as much as it might warm your warlike heart, Sayin Donar.

Yes I read about the Asha'man and Aes Sedai support, but what if the Forsaken hide like they did when Rand was cleansing the Source? They would be hard to find, but I guess with satellites...

Ok we would win by a abnormal margin  :)

Of course the Forsaken are not stupid and might just use gateways, to steal a lot of the most potent weapons in our arsensal. Say 10 nukes and some conventional ballistic missles that could quickly be used to decimate every major city in Randland. (even ten or twenty nukes are not going to have catastrophic effects on the rest of the world as The Americans, Russians, Chinese,French and British literally set off dozens of nukes in the atmusphire during the early stages of the Nuclear age (1945-1963).

Yeah but those were small and besides, how can a Forsaken launch even one of those missiles when they wouldn't even understand what "press any button" would mean. Not to mention that they wouldn't know how to direct the missiles where...

They could probably kidnap some guy that knows it, but how? It's not like they are gonna be in the front lines with the troops duh. They're gonna be sitting with coffee deep inside Builder Rand territory and have a blast destroying more Blight wood, or at least infrastructure if they have any...

Yeah but those were small and besides, how can a Forsaken launch even one of those missiles when they wouldn't even understand what "press any button" would mean. Not to mention that they wouldn't know how to direct the missiles where...

They could probably kidnap some guy that knows it, but how? It's not like they are gonna be in the front lines with the troops duh. They're gonna be sitting with coffee deep inside Builder Rand territory and have a blast destroying more Blight wood, or at least infrastructure if they have any...

First the Forsaken are from an Age much more advanced then ours and several of them are iether scientists or have military experience. Also that they will not be on the front lines does not mean that some might not risk a lightning raid on the rear area of Randland (where such nukes and missles would be most likely located). Moreover, the size of Randland cities are relatively small even small nukes could devastate the main cities.

-laughing-

Good grief ... when we run out of actual scenarios from the books to argue, we start manufacturing them?  Why are we spending time on this, when there are so many insane flaws in the root of the idea that -poof- everyone in Randland suddenly has all the extra technology?  Without parameters for how it got there, who is providing it, where and how it is being manufactured, who knows how it works and who just knows how to operate it, how well trained the Randlanders are in higher-tech security procedures, and a half a hundred other variables, any argument over who could or would to what is truly, absolutely, and completely ridiculous.  As in deserving of ridicule.  This is truly, deeply, silly.

Ok, so maybe a small flaw. How about you come from nowhere, but you got one thing from the future, but only access to present day weapons and technology. There are numerous chips implanted in your head. They contain all the know-how of the modern day. Not just weapons but everything. Plus the capacity of those chips are like Terrabytes!

Ok is that believable now?

This got me thinking about how the Dragon's forces will actually be deployed for the last battle.  I found a map with forces labeled:

http://www.ess-a.com/wotmania/images/WoT_Map_by_New_Name.jpg

Rand has to make a truce with the Seanchan, and the WT needs to be mended, then the leaders have to move those armies to handle assaults from the blight, a major push at Tarwin's Gap, and Dreadlords concentrated at the BT and WT, plus the Forsaken staging attacks from unpredictable locations and darkfriends sabotaging their plans.  Looking at the number of soldiers RJ has put on the field for the Light (assuming they don't kill eachother off), the Shadow had better have some crazy number of trollocs, or this is going to be a short last battle:

Arad Doman: 635,000 troops, ~1,000 channelers

Tarabon/Amadicia: 150,000 troops, 200+ channelers

Altara/Illian/Murandy/Andor: ~1 million troops, ~3,000 channelers

White Tower/Borderlands/Cairhien: 1.2 million troops, 1,700 channelers

Total: 2,985,000 troops and 6,000 channelers.

White Tower/Borderlands/Cairhien: 1.2 million troops, 1,700 channelers

Where do you get 1.2 million. 280k borderlanders, maybe that combined in the rebel and White Tower Army and maybe 100k Cairhernen.

That's about 680k troops at most. Plus we know about 1000 make channelers (at least some are going to be darkfriends. You estimate 5000 female channelers which I think is a bit hight not counting those that will be proven to be darkfriend's and or Black Sisters.

Archived