DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Internet Worm alert from CBS News

AP)  The fast-moving Conficker computer worm, a scourge of the Internet that has infected at least 3 million PCs, is set to spring to life in a new way on Wednesday, April 1st, Fools' Day.

I listened to this on my car radio yesterday. The interview was with Leslie Stall.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/27/ap/hightech/main4898795.shtml?source=search_story

I hope this link works.  :-[

Oh yes, I am so damn pleased to have a Mac now *g* at least at home... work is another matter, I already have a crappy computer so I won't be too sad if it dies of a virus to be honest :P then they'll HAVE to fast-track my new one.

Right now i'm not clicking any links to unknown sites, so I don't know what that's about, but I wonder if it's what has cut off South Africa from the rest of the world? I only just managed to get online now.

The worm has been surprisingly ineffective thus far.  The easiest way to see if your computer is infected is to access sites like microsoft.com, or one of the major antivirus companies like Norton or Symantec.  If you cannot view those websites then you may be infected as the worms protection protocols block sites for removal software.  ;)

Archived