DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Birthday Lor!

_Kynwric_

lol, tell her that there's an old teacher's trick that might help her... stop yelling. Just start saying things one time and if they don't follow through, start exacting punishments. When they do respond, reward them (it can be something as simple as a sticker or 5 extra minutes of play time). You'll be shocked at how quickly they start following through with what you ask them to do.

I could go all wacko and list out the behavioral reasons why yelling doesn't work and even direct you to a few good books that deal with behavior (especially in gifted kids), but they'll all tell you the same thing. When you yell, you let them win. It's your job to not let that happen. *shrugs*

I think the bottom line is more of a measure of patience.  Love my wife to death, but she has little/no patience.  :D And she admits it.  ;)

It amazes me when I look at them and beckon them with my finger while saying "come here" in a low tone.  You'd think they were walking the plank.  ;D

Yes, I did! :D Maxine was my grandmother's name... *smiles*

So, before I forget again, thanks to everyone who sent me cards for my birthday! I got one from Jade (Sex on the beach is one of my favorites, btw... and the rest of you can get your mind out of the gutter. *smirks* I'm talking alcohol, here...), and one from Daruya (seriously, little monster stickers EVERYWHERE!), one from Kyn (who made me pick up the ice cream with my birthday cake, even though it was freakin' cold not a day afterwards), and Chiuyki (the tea smells wonderful! What kind is it?)! :D I seriously needed the pick-me-ups this year, so seriously... thanks so much! *hugs and smooches 'em thoroughly*

*laughs* Dana's 6'1", but he's all stringy (I like 'em lanky!), so it doesn't have the same affect. *laughs*

and I almost don't want to drink it! It smells like I'll get hooked, Chiy! :D *laughs*

Archived