DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

who else plays D&D?

Desiree

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dwarfs are heavy, ugly, loud, smell funny, and make weird noises when you toast them with a Fireball or two...

I play a Full Plate wearing level 12 War Mage Half-Elf in one campaign, a Level 10 Sorcerer Elf (Moon elf, I think, we don't get into specifics too much in that group) in another, a 4 Sorcerer/4 Favored Soul/2 Mythic (I think he's a Moon elf as well) Theurge in another campaign, and then also a Level 10 Draconic/Human Fighter in another. I also DM one campaign with 5 players, and just started DMing the campaign with Pol and my Pain in the Arse little brother, need to let her DM one so I can torch some other monsters for fun

mmm my cleric has a current ac of 33=10+4(leather armor)+4(dex)+7(clericial mage armor)=5(natural armor)+3(magic mask.

mmm this is back when she was a lich and had natural armor.  going to have update her character sheet now that she's alive again.  i'm going to miss death and paralyzing touch...but i'm not going to miss triping over bed sheets cause i can't see them.

My Druid Myra Gailene has AC of 19. 10+5(Dragonhide Breastplate)+1(shield)+3(dex)=19 :P

And I was way off! :o My rogue Desiree has an AC of 20! 10+4(chain shirt)+3(dex)+1(size)+2(deflect/Ring of Protection +2)=20. My character's harder to hit than the other's cuz I'm the squishy :P Though I got to lvl 3 today! YAR! now to pick a new feat >_> I has Nimble Fingers. What else would be good for a tricky, greedy Rogue?

wait, what are you?   you should already have simple weapons prof.  mmm you could go with improved initiative (?=dex+improved initiatve<+4>) on that.  dodge is good too.

ooo

Combat Expertise.  you can make additional attacks of opportunity equal to your dex bonus per round but only 1 attack of op. per target.

so if you jump into a circle of 7 casters and they're busy casting and you have a Dex of 18 (+4) then you can make 1 attack of opportunity each on 5 of those casters.

casting a spell, shooting a bow, moving past while in melee range and rummaging through you pack offers attacks of opportunity to the opponent.

and the Combat Expertise feat is good for any non-pure caster class.

We'd better not barge in Canuk, they are getting serious in here.

*backs out*

*looks at Chrono* 

Didn't you read my long post at the start of the 3rd page?  I poop 20 sided dice.  I'm soo D&D that i drag Az into RP/GMing our D&D game while killing stuff in WoW...Don't believe me?  As FDM she was there for some of it.

OMG  so little 9yr old bad tushy cleric Darla (Vyx) rolled a natural 47 fort save vs lichy deathtouch...that's 20+20+7...Az rolled it not me.  when you roll a natural 20 in his game he has you roll it again so he actually rolled 3 times for my fort save and that's not including her acquired bonuses for Fort.

I LOVE YOU DICE GODS!!!

There's actually a variant rule in the DM's guide for 3.5, Instant Death, which is pretty awesome but as unlikely as rolling 2 perfect 20's, its a freak of nature to roll 3, which is what is required for the Instant Death rule variant, roll 3 natural 20's on the attack roll and the monster's instantly killed, never seen it happen but hope it happens on the ultimate boss and not on some stupid Goblin...

LMFAO how bad would that suck?

20, cool, it's soooo dead... 20 again...  you've got to be kidding me... ANOTHER 20?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I WASTED AN INSTANT DEATH ON SOMETHING I COULD'VE SNEEZED ON? WTFH?!?!?!?!?!?! ;D

hmm, I'm going with Point Blank Shot since I mainly use my bow and then I'm going wiht Precise shot next time I get a feat to take off that nasty -4 for shooting into combat >_<

but while that does sound good, as the squishy I tend to stay away from the actual fighting :P I'm more of a cheap shot kinda person in this one, lol

and I'm a Halfling Rogue, and still a noob, so I don't know if I get it or not. otherwise after I get Precise Shot I'm getting Improved Critical

i think Az has that 3x20=dead rule.  but he was rolling my fortsave.  my Vyx has a habit of rolling nat. 20's when she's about to die.

Az also uses the systemshock death rule.  if the character looses 50% or more of thier hitpoints in 1 hit he rolls a system shock to see if they die.  Sadly, my little Paladin Vyktorya was 5hp away from a system shock roll twice in 1 night.  1st time the lvl 18 draconic warrior rolled a 1 and hit my pally. the second was from a Ghast Lord as he made an attack of Opp. on my little girl.

It was the being cleaved in her back by the party member that made her roll consecutive 1's causing her to hit her Mentor...yeah, that's what we're blaming those on...

hmm, I'm going with Point Blank Shot since I mainly use my bow and then I'm going wiht Precise shot next time I get a feat to take off that nasty -4 for shooting into combat >_<

but while that does sound good, as the squishy I tend to stay away from the actual fighting :P I'm more of a cheap shot kinda person in this one, lol

and I'm a Halfling Rogue, and still a noob, so I don't know if I get it or not. otherwise after I get Precise Shot I'm getting Improved Critical

ummm if your a rogue you shouldn't be shooting you should be knifing.  if you want to be all bowmistress go ranger.  try the variant city ranger.

you wait till the 'badies' are busy attacking the warrior/whatver and then you sneak up behind them and knife them in the back and such.

We don't, because everyone I DM with only thinks of it as it states in the guide with 50hp being the cap, which they all thought was rediculous, one DM I play with does do 50% at higher levels, which works out nicely, they also do one round death, after dropping below -10 hp, you have one round to be brought above that and you don't die, its kinda nice sometimes, especially for my picked-on WarMage

Archived