DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Manethren Reborn?

Winterwinds

Yikes, all the way through Ghealdan down to just north of Amador, no wonder the Whitecloaks were planned to stir up trouble over it! o.O

Seriously though, how about we start out small, and grow as more Wolfkin communities start to gather in Manetheren, and the Band gets a few more recruits flocking to Manetheren's banner? At the moment, they simply don't have the manpower (nor feel the need) to go up against the combined forces of Andor (Baerlon annexed), Ghealdan (most of it annexed) and Amadicia (Whitecloaks).

If it's just the Two Rivers, only Andor would grumble at first before realising they never really paid taxes anyway. Baerlon however are 'paying customers', so to speak, and would trigger some form of armed resistance from the Andorans. Be it from a professional army or rebels believing Jarron only intends to cut up Andor and hand it to the other nations in pieces.

Politics... ::)

I figured as much, and it makes more sence if it starts around....say Edmonds Field (Aemon's Field) with the WK/BotRH getting support behind the council, becuase if you dont have the support announcing a queen/ruler wont make any sence, and would most likely have a French Revilution effect. Most likely it would be the WK that would approch the BotRH about this, seeing as they are preocupied with something and are moving their troops somewhere.

But then, Owen also offered to brainstorm with me on this, which means he wants to help so I think we are on the right track..

The reason for the annexing of Baerlon was to circumvent the taxes imposed by Andor on goods coming from the mines etc in the MoM. this was to be a future rp,where the miners appeal to the Council for help and despite the Councils best attempts to negotiate with Andor, Andor would not budge from it's stance. Therefore the next best resolution was for Baerlon to be under the control of Manetheren.

This might sound preposterous, but what has Andor got that could stand up to the BT?

to respond to the point about the size of the Band? I thought the Band had about 6,000 men and women under arms. That might not sound a lot, but combine that with the ability to have troops appear anywhere on the battlefield and to be able to use the Wolfkin for scouts, and by extension any wolves in the area and we make a substantial force.

One thing you may not know, the Wolfkin have an extensive network of eyes and ears through the region. This was established a long time ago and signifies the real role of the Wolfkin in the alliance.

HTH?

Owen

Hehe, oh yah, one could even say we know things before the white tower's eyes and ears  ;D

The Black tower is indeed good to have on your side.

6,000 Soldiers at arms actualy when you think about it is a large amount, depending on how they are trained and are flexable to the situation. And I have a feeling that there will be more to come in the way of reqruits once this gets off the ground.

*nods* Initialy though, i'd suggest leaving Baerlon out of it, only annexing the city after having tried to negotiate with the Andorans about the taxes.

There's nothing wrong with having it be the size that was drawn on the map, but the Two Rivers would be the starting point and grow from there. Forming a nation takes quite some time, especially if the territory is part of other existing nations.

When we were originally talking about the whole "Baerlon" annexation, we did not intend to rp out the negotiations, we were going to start the rp with the miners rerpresentatives meeting with the council. As there is not an organised "body" of players already writing for the Andorans we thought it would be more trouble than it is worth to rp out the negotiations part......unecessary baggage if you like :)

It also makes for a more dramatic start to the rp hearing the miners appeal etc.

Owen

i think i said it elsewhere, the easiest way to solve this and prevent another stall, is the staff sit down and write up a schedule of events with what details is nesicary, and then instead of rp through it, the psw skip through the happening, and then instead enjoy the fruits of consequenses in the aftermath

(i did this with cots when it became aparent lack of players and whatnot was about to stall the whole process of moving through the insertion of nae'blis and changes with that - so instead of focusing on the big war which would spread people way to thin, we had a successfull afterskirmish with the bt once they learned of what had happened on a smaller scale that is easier to pull off)

Could work, unlike the CotS nae'blis plot this one is actually very localised on the Two Rivers itself, the actual spreading out doesn't happen until near the end of it, when the foundations for the nation have been set.

There'd be some trouble with Andor, and the BT would have to appear as representatives of the Dragon to sort the mess out, but most of it would just be the Wolfkin and the Band as their bases are in that specific area.

• 4 months later...

I know it's been awhile since this was discussed but I wanted to give it a bump and see where things were.

As a former WK DL that had to leave before we could get into the rps around these events, something I was more disappointed by than anything else.

Also, as someone trying to resurrect both a wolfie and a black coat this would be a lot of fun to be a part of, and possibly enough incentive to make a new character in the Band.

I'd love to add in my own ideas if anyone is interested but thought I'd see where things stood first.

It's just been through Staff discussion. The decision has been taken to write the resurrection of Manetheren into our PSW history with an overview, which will be done in a post or series of posts by Owen.

RPing will pick up again from the start of Phase 6 and the individual Divisions involved are currently planning the RPs they'd like to include in that. :) It will start from after the current main plotline RP that the Band are doing which will unite Calder (Mat) with the Band.

The Phases are posted on ...the sub board to this one I think.