DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin saving Rand

Blade

Not sure if this has been hashed or not (Yes I didn't bother looking things up) but I was reading through the books again and noticed Perrin's first encounter with the 'Prophet' masema. During their encounter Masema seemed unusually pleased about the prospect of being brought to rand and perrin also seemed to pick up a funny smell as well. Anyhow, I think that once masema is brought to Rand, Perrin needs to be there to save him the next time because only Perrin has a nose for how Masema's moods shift and will be able to sense that he's about to do something. Again, just a thought and it's prolly already been hashed before.

Faile being kidnapped I think stopped him taking Masema to Rand.  Once Perrin got to see him more he started to realise what a loon he was. But yeah there is no more taking him to Rand plus if I remember right Masema took off after the fight with the Shaido. Plus Perrin now knows after Aram tried to kill him that Masema wants him dead.

I think Masema plans to kill Rand and blame Perrin for it (his propaganda has Perrin a "tamed" shadow spawn) the he and his followers will kill Perrin and Masema will control all the dragonsworn.

Of course he seems to have forgotten about Mat.

Hmm, I think Perrin having to be there for Rand a second time would be during his meeting with the borderlanders.

As for Masema, I think it'll come to a climax when Perrin meets with the Whitecloaks. Remember, Dain Bornhold and Byar want Perrin dead, and believe he is a shadowspawn. Masema as well.

Anyhow, it's always been Perrin's 'thing' to be stuck with groups of people who hate each other and manage to keep them from each others' throats. (e.g. Dumai's Wells army, Whitecloaks and Two Rivers men. Now WCs and Dragonsworn, Mayeners, Ghealdenians, TR men, Cha Faile)... Poor Perrin.

Dain Bornhold and Byar want Perrin dead, and believe he is a shadowspawn.

Bornhold and Byar were present when Perrin's family was slaughtered by Fain and his Whitecloaks. Bornhold became a drunk after this incident. Perrin thinks trolloks killed his family. If Perrin were to find out the truth? And he might if Bornhold or Byar confessed. In his last scene Byar seemed somewhat remorseful about what he had done as a Whitecloak. I don't know what Perrin would do, but I would not want to be near the working end of his hammer if he did find out.

It's going to be awkward if Perrin's band mets up with the Whitecloaks. Galad's mother has just saved by Perrin, and Byar and Bornhold are both loyal to Galad.

Dain Bornhold and Byar want Perrin dead, and believe he is a shadowspawn.

Bornhold and Byar were present when Perrin's family was slaughtered by Fain and his Whitecloaks. Bornhold became a drunk after this incident. Perrin thinks trolloks killed his family. If Perrin were to find out the truth? And he might if Bornhold or Byar confessed. In his last scene Byar seemed somewhat remorseful about what he had done as a Whitecloak. I don't know what Perrin would do, but I would not want to be near the working end of his hammer if he did find out.

It's going to be awkward if Perrin's band mets up with the Whitecloaks. Galad's mother has just saved by Perrin, and Byar and Bornhold are both loyal to Galad.

...With Masema tagging along who prolly hates the Whitecloaks (since they fought his Dragonsworn), and about 1000+ TR men who also dislike Whitecloaks... And Aes Sedai, two of them, and Aiel Wise Women, and Aiel.

As for Byar and Bornhold, yeah, if Perrin ever finds out that it was Fain who killed his family and they both just stood there.... HULK SMASH!

Archived