DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello from Ohio

greenwriter69

Hi everyone.  I just joined today.  I'm not really sure what to say here.

???  Uh, I started reading WoT in '03, I think, and fell in love!  Since then I have read and reread each of the books over and over.  Every single time I find something new in them.  Believe it or not, these books have helped me understand politics better.

I don't know what boards I'll join yet but I have enjoyed reading the posts in the New Member's board.  You all seem so friendly.  I've been in chat rooms and those were not friendly at all.  I look forward to "talking" with other fans/members.

Welcome Greenwriter!

This is a friendly site indeed. Just take your time and look around, there's plenty of things to see and do here. You can join in on discussions, join an Org like the White Tower or the Band of the Red Hand ( each have their own themes and jollies!), or, if you're that way inclined, join in with some RP in the Div's at the bottom of the forum.

There's always someone around to poke and ask questions, or failing that there's plenty of stickies dotted around that are full of info.  ;D

Hope to see you around!  ;D

Hi everyone.  I just joined today.  I'm not really sure what to say here.

???  Uh, I started reading WoT in '03, I think, and fell in love!  Since then I have read and reread each of the books over and over.  Every single time I find something new in them.  Believe it or not, these books have helped me understand politics better.

I don't know what boards I'll join yet but I have enjoyed reading the posts in the New Member's board.  You all seem so friendly.  I've been in chat rooms and those were not friendly at all.  I look forward to "talking" with other fans/members.

Hey, welcome!  Take a good look around (the beer is in the fridge, the nuts are all over the boards), check out the stickies at the top of this board, because there's lots of good information in there, and the boards can seem a little confusing when you just start learning your way around.

Also, if your name is any indication that you're into writing, then in addition to the RP you should definitely check out the Illuminator's Org here on DM, which is our Org dedicated to the creative endeavors and home to DM's writing community.  And if you've got political opinions, you should definitely check out the Debates and Discussions board.  It can get a bit testy over there, especially when we get into emotionally charged issues, but its a good crew and I've made some of my best friends on this site on that board.

And if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to drop me a line  ;D 

(And in stumbles a nut!) Welcome to Dragonmount ;D As everyone has said look around, find were you enjoy spending time and yes...the beer is in the fridge, (unless my brother's black coat found it then I would suggest you hit the dirt and watch the fireballs fly) Anyway, the Illuminators is a good place to look into if you love writing, (Used to be a member but just couldnt get into it like I can on the RP boards) or ofcourse look around the Div to see if you are crazy enough to join us crazy people down there, (And if you are REALLY crazy look the blacktower might be a good place) But, I have rambled for long enough, someone else is bound to come along and ramble for a longer time so I should save space. 

*poke-poke*  What are stickies? ???

What Raeyn said.  They're called stickies because they're set to stay at the top of the board no matter when the last post in them was (it would get pretty annoying if we had to keep randomly posting so that they didn't fall off the page every time a few new members announced themselves).  Keep an eye out for them on most boards - they tend to have important/useful info.

• 2 weeks later...

And I'm from wotmania.  It's snowing, I just got off work and saw the announcement by wotmania.  I feel like a lost orphan, who isn't lost yet, who has just gotten off the bus in a strange new city.

*stumbles around looking dazed*

Thanks for the open invitation.  (even though this is probably the wrong post to reply to for that :) )

Thank-you,

Amys

P.S.  The buckeyes and scarlet and gray are in the mail.  ;)

I remember you, I think.  I was the Nynaeve that was dating Access in 2001/bonded to his Zabu account, and also bonded Raserei... who ditched me while I was in basic training to take care of Clover.

I'm kind of really glad that we can be so open arms to the wotmaniacs... I miss a lot of you guys, and I couldn't ever remember my @#$%ed password over there.  -__-

<Extends a hand of guidance towards the lost wotmania member> Allow me to be the second to welcome you to Dragonmount, and the first to actually say if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try and answer or pass it on to someone who might know.

Now, I normally explain what the forums are all about, but the other new member moderator has set up a special welcome thread for all of you and I think it deserves to be looked at (Besides, he might say it better then me  :o) You can find it a the top of the new members page.

Again, welcome, it is sad that wotmaina is going away for I havnt been around long enough to see/hear of it before this. Have fun storming the Mount  ;D

(Again, feel free to ask questions of me)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived