DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Universal's WoT movie!?

IrishCarBomb

I rockon keanu reeves would make a good warder

mainly because he has a great screen presence and he can distance himself from his emotions, plus hes already had good practice for fight scenes.

I think they should go with someone a little less wooden. What are the puppets from Thunderbirds doing these days?

I think they should go with someone a little less wooden. What are the puppets from Thunderbirds doing these days?

I laughed out loud when I read that. Saying that, I remember watching a review on the Matrix films and they were saying that Keanu picked up the moves he learned very fast. Then again he's still not right or a Warder if you ask me, I dont think he'd be good for any Wheel of Time character.

I laughed out loud when I read that. Saying that, I remember watching a review on the Matrix films and they were saying that Keanu picked up the moves he learned very fast. Then again he's still not right or a Warder if you ask me, I dont think he'd be good for any Wheel of Time character.

...Gray Man? Myrddraal(a little spec effect needed, I guess)?

My preferring the films to catapult unknown people into a successful career aside, I can picture him for either one.

Maybe Keanu could play a corpse. It would take all his acting skills.

Good point, given the nature of the two options I gave. :D

Or else his stage time could be limited to the odd, non-descript fellow showing up in Rand's bedroom as in The Shadow Rising who gets owned. All that happening in 5 seconds or something.

Would be hilarious to see the uproar of the Keanu-loving crowd at that when they just drag themselves into the film because he is part of the cast and his name gets used for the marketing. :D

...Gray Man? Myrddraal(a little spec effect needed, I guess)?
Zomara are described as having dead, soulless eyes. Perfect!

Keanu shouldn't be in it because then I'd be waiting for Agent Smith(Hugo Weaving) to walk out of a closet or something and say "Mr. Anderson, why am I here?"

For after the credits, though!

Please!

I would rofl all the way from the cinema homewards and back (or else through my whole room watching the stuff on DVD, since German localizations suck. Generally). :D :D :D

Stuff like that just cracks me up...All Hail The Holy Grail!

i guess i'm still bitter cause i'm a big Eragon fan

Yeah, they really messed up Eragon. All they had to do is follow the book and they'd have a pretty cool movie.

Hollywood does this all the time. They take a great book and turn it into crap. The worst offense, I think, is the adoption of Heinlein's "Starship Trooper". They made a horrible mess out of a classic SF novel. I heard the director hated Heinlein and his philosophy and made a mess of it on purpose.

Occassionally, they get it right. I recently watched "The Maltese Falcon". It was almost word for word out of Dashell Hamet's novel and was fantastic. Of course, Bogart and Lori made the movie a lot of fun.

I think they do a heck of good job on the Harry Potter movies. Hard-core fans may object (I've only read the books twice, so I don't consider myself hard-core), but I think the Potter movies are spectacular. The just cut and paste the best scenes from the book and make a movie. Yes, they leave out some really good stuff and ocassionally change the plot, but over all they do a very good job. Rowling watches over their shoulders, of course.

The movie "Master and Command" was actually based on two books of the Jack Aubry/Steven Maturin series written by Patrick O'Brian. I thought they did a wonderful job. (In the books, that French Frigate was actually an American Frigate fighting in the war of 1812. I don't think the movie would have sold in the USA if they kept that in.)

Usually, Hollywood messes up a good book. Sometimes they don't.

Sigh.

Imagine what a GOOD director could have done with Battlefield earth.  They should re-do it, and break it into 3 movies.

NO JOHN TRAVOLTA!

LOL I left out my actress recommendation for Lanfear. Fixd: Demi Moore.

I didn't consider price in this because I know very well that there will be a lot of new talent in the movie (if they do make one). I just thought about who would be good in which role and threw a list together.

Catherine Zeta-Jones  ;)

Jethro, Mel Gibson is a far better actor than Bruce Willis; he could most certainly pull off Tam.

NO fantasy movie is complete without Jeremy Irons playing a role somewhere.

Perhaps he would make a good Elyas Machera.

I rockon keanu reeves would make a good warder

mainly because he has a great screen presence and he can distance himself from his emotions, plus hes already had good practice for fight scenes.

How about the French actor Leon (The Professional) as Lan, or another warder?

If Mel Gibson played Tam Al'Thor I would slash my own wrists. He doesnt fit at all if you ask me. Tam has a certain something about him, something I cant quite put my finger on. Bruce Willis is the same. The thing about Bruce Willis is that the majority of his characters are very similar, yet Tam could easily fall into that bracket. I think Bruce has pretty much already played Tam but thats just me.

The thing is...

A massive project like this would have the opportunity for TONS of cameos.  Many characters have important, but fleeting roles.

Take Darlin for example.  This would be a good character for Bruce Willis to play as his cameo role.

With that being said, you could have quite a few leading actors playing these types of roles, and it wouldnt cost an arm and a leg.  Many would do it to be part of something epic after the successes of LotR and Harry Potter.

Plus, like LotR and Harry Potter, it would fit well into the Winter slots for movies.

Archived