DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Christmas Carol -It's a Knockout (Finished --> Hark the Herald Angels Sing wins)

Corki

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not ME!! I'm a Ave Maria fan.... Nutin' better than Ol' Deceased Pavarotti beltin' out that little ditty.... OR them little Vy-eenie Choir Fellers.. Brings a tear to my eye so it does... Honestly, it's my favorite song of the Christmas Season.... Gran'ma Got Runned Over By a Reindeer only comes across a distant second ;)

Corki.. lest you think me truly ignorant. The Gregorian Chant assertion was just a little exaggeration on my part.... I should have known your English Humour Handicap would have caused you to miss the sardonic wit contained within my comment 8)

Ave maria for this good little Traditional Lutheran as well! 

And while I agree it isn't really a carol per say..it is one of the most recognizable hymns of the Christmas Season..and since carols originally where hymns..that would make it a carol?  Hmm?

But it is close..My school choir tradition was a processional to Adeste Fideles!

:-\

Argh!  When we were kids  we lived for the "OOOOOOOOOOO, star of wonder, star of night, star with royal beauty bright"! That "OOOOO" was the best!

*sighs* 

But, well, really, I mean, "Silent Night", man.  No "Silent Night" - no Christmas.  So it's gotta be [glow=gold,2,300][glow=red,2,300]"Silent Night". [/glow] [/glow] *nods*

Archived