DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Candle lovers

How many here, buy and burn candles on a regular or more than usual basis?

I buy candles from a party style setting, which my family members have on a 6 month basis. We've bought these candles for the last 12 years!

Anyone else go through candle parties to buy theirs?? Or are you a "get it at target" kinda person?

I buy LOTS of candles.  I just love them, but funny enough I don't really burn them that often.

I mostly buy mine at yard sales, but I do get them at Wal-mart or other stores.  It really depends on what they look like and the smell of course.  I'm a BIG fan of yankee candles.  :D

I have this affection for candlelight, as much as my two sisters do. We have done a whole room of candles and also candles around the hot tub thing. We have the best candles ever. They are scented frm the inside, out. They never loose their fragrance even if you never light them.

I put some in my drawers, with my shirts. They smell just like the candles. *lol*

I used to purchase those gourmet beeswax candles from one of my mothers when I was still in the States.  But as I'm not anymore (and she's furious that I went and married someone not her son), I don't anymore. 

*fishes around Cherri's 20-gazillion insane sites*  Ah, this one:

http://buy-mia-bella-candles.com/

They're like.. extra smelly-good, and worth the cost.  Plus, watching the beeswax matrices reform when it cools is really amusing for some reason.

One of your mothers?

Since you gave yours, lemme post mine.

http://www.partylite.us/en-us/Default.aspx

Not only do they do candles, they have ton's of other fragranted items, lotions, gobs of stuff and the party tonight sold over #300.00 in product. I have a whole pkg of Carmel creme brulee, and I just want to EAT the candles!!! *LOL*

I buy from my friend, every 3-4 months. I burn my candles all the time though.

My girlfriend said I could be a consultant for my area. That would be so cool... There isn't anyone really, for anywhere in Los Angeles.

Yeah... my friend's mothers tend to adopt me.  In Cherrie's case, she has a son a couple of months older than me, and had been plotting our wedding since I was 12, and he was 13.  Which... I'm still not sure how either of us felt about that; we liked each other and kept in contact and all, but were allergic to each other's states (I being from Texas, and him being a Cali-boy).  Still, he was the first boy I slept with, however accidentally; we were talking, and fell asleep next to each other in a silly little pup tent that was set up in my sister's room.

My other mothers also include my mother-in-law (who happily accepts me as one of her own), and mine Heatherbat's mother, Beverly; whenever I was back home in Dallas on leave, I'd swing by her house for a few moments to chat... love that woman!  I don't really think I can count mine Zachie's mother, but I do love that woman so :)  I can count my high school sweetheart Jake's mother, though - she offered to bust me out of basic training if it got too intense for me, bless her!

Best. Thread. EVER! (except for the one on the 'Chan board that's all about Nia's boobs, but this is way up there)

Cads informed me that this thread had been started so I ran all the way over from the 'Chan board...

First of all, let me just say that I don't know why more guys aren't into candles. I mean, who doesn't want their house filled with floating bits of aromatic AWESOME all the time?!? I just don't get it. The first thing I do when I get home from work is light a candle. Right now I've got two Yankees (good candles, but I prefer soy-based...they burn cleaner and smell better) that I'm alternating between: sparkling cinnamon (smells like Christmas) and vanilla cupcakes (smells like AWESOME).

I've tried incense (which is also nice) and scented oils, but neither of them provide either the aroma nor the ambience of candles.

It's funny, the only DMers I've ever met in person are Empy and Yv, and what's one of the first things they get to experience? Little ol' me obsessing over the smelly candle section of the waiting room gift shop at the restaurant we were waiting for a table at.  ;D

But now that I've got sort of a rep going on, figured I might as well milk it for what its worth.

Some friends and I were sitting around one night chatting over a couple beers when the conversation turned to candles. Turns out that the two people most engaged in the conversation were myself and my friends husband! Both of the women just looked at each other and rolled their eyes when we started going off on all things candles. Eventually, the conversation naturally progressed into a brainstorm on how to market candles to men, then to how to make guy-friendly candles. Both of us guys looked at each other and simultaneously shouted out, "MANdles!!!"

We spent a good two hours listing all the guy smells we could turn into mandles: baseball glove, meat, beer, stripper (not that I know what one of those smells like... *looks shifty*), locker room, garage...  And for the guy who doesn't want to man up and invest in an entire mandle right away, we offer BROtives!

Eventually, we put our beers down and hopped on the internet to figure out how you go about actually making a candle, when we <a href="

this.</a>

And we were sad.  :'(

So we lit a Hot Apple Cider Beanpod Candle (smells FABULOUS!) and pouted for a good three hours. While our wives laughed, no less.  >:(

Bah! Women!  :P

Paityr,

Aromatic and Loving it!

FYI -- Everything you read in this post is 100% true. Just ask my wife.  *nods*  ;D  But don't mention Nia's boobs. 

*looks shifty*

Or the stripper smell thing.

:-\

I'll shut up now.

I scanned it, Cleo.  But considering how prohibitively expensive international shipping is, I don't order much from the States anymore.  Heck, the only reason I have a set of KoL pint glasses is because the company secretary, Xlyinia (Erin), noted me saying that I'd love a set, and sent them as a wedding present :)

Paityr, I am not a bit surprised. We had two men in our party, all sniffing the candles with eyes rolling back into their heads saying, "ohmygawd, I could eat that candle!" So, ;)

I know that my bro-in-law likes to pick out at least one scent. He gets the Basil/Mellon or whatever its called.

<<

>>

Thanks for the link Pait!

Raeyn, I just need to know where you are right now? I know that the PartyLite candles are worldwide. If you go the homepage, you can see the countries in which they service. Not saying these candles are "way better" than any other well made candles, just that they are indeed one of the "top of the line" candles.

Cosmic, Candle Parties, give customers the chance to buy quality candles, other products and gives the hostess, mega super cut prices on her stuff if her party buys X amount.

You just have to put a couple to your nose and whiff them to get your answer ;) My friend who is the consultant for Partylite, thinks I could do this part time in the City I live. I am wondering if I have the time but, it's a good second income. *nods*

So many people love candles!!

I love candles, sometimes I burn them everyday. Though I also live incense as well as my oil burners. I actually have more than those, I have these candle nuggets that you put on a candle warmer. I also have these crystals that I got from the craft fair. http://www.aduroadamo.com/aroma_jems Those are the best thing ever invented. *sniffs them* I use them in my car, my house, etc etc. You can keep them in the freezer to make them last longer. I have only ever been to one candle party but it was pretty cool.

I'm sure most of you have heard of this chain, but Cracker Barrel is very popular here in the South.  Not only for the homecooking, but for the YANKEE CANDLES!  These are the best smelling candles EVER.  Soooo expensive, but so worth it.  ;)  I get a catalog from them every month or so, and I love it cause they have scratch and sniff pages.  :D

I suppose when you can't afford much, candles might seem really extravagant, but I seem to slip in an order about once every 4 months. *lol*

Sorry to hear that Ell! That has to suck! But partylite candles are prolly better than Yankee. :p

Just have to rib you Kellz

Try lighting the candles nekkid Kath. maybe he'll see you in a whole new light.

>>

<<

Okay that pun was wayyyyy punnish.

Thanks Raeyn ;) Hmmmm. I don't know off hand if they distribute to the UK but the home page should say so.

Yankee Candles are only second rate, Kelly. *rotfl*

*poke poke poke*

I'll have to send you a candle from PL in the next box I send you. ;)

OMG Cosmic, PL has 50-60 fragrances!! They cater to men too. ;) But PL has other products that are healing in nature or spa-like.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Oy, I totally missed this thread.

I love candles. I'm candle obsessed. I was actually a Partylite Consultant for about 4 years before I had the kiddies *high fives Cleo--Partylite Rocks!*, but alas they consume most of my freetime.

I do make soy jar candles (I say jar candles, because soy is a much softer wax than your standard paraffin, and so tends to not make very good pillars, unless you buy it mixed with a harder wax), which have a much better scent throw, but they burn a lot faster. Some people say that the fragrance allowed to release from Soy is a little too strong, but I say if I'm gonna burn a scented candle, then I want to smell it all night long, because the scented oil is expensive to buy! Anywho, they are very easy to make and will save you a lot of money in the long run if you make your own in bulk (and sometimes a tidy profit, if you sell them at craft fairs and the like).

Yankee Candles are really nice, but they are super expensive, and since I'm a Partylite gal, I tend to purchase my paraffin candles from there only. I have been gifted the Yankee candles though, and I really like the more masculine scents, that like Midnight one *can't remember actual name*.

Before the kids were born, my entire house was littered with the glowy lights of candles. Now I have just one jar candle lit, on the mantel of my fireplace, because my two year old always yells "Happy Birthday!" and blows out any I have lit at her level.  :-\

Now I have just one jar candle lit, on the mantel of my fireplace, because my two year old always yells "Happy Birthday!" and blows out any I have lit at her level.  :-\

I'm sure that's annoying, but it sounds sooo cute!  :D

I keep so many candles that it makes some people nervous when they come in my house. A guy once told me, "It's not natural! What could you possibly do with all these candles?! And why?!" Tsk, such a drama queen. LoL Anyhoo, I don't really discriminate. If I see a candle I like and have the funds to do so, I grab that puppy. I prefer handmade candles by local artists, I must say, but there's plenty of Wally World and Home Interior candles around my house, too.

LOL ya I have people in my family like that Nic. My Mom was freaking out about the candles burning at my house during my daughters birthday party and blew hem out. *G* Far that is so cute, that is something you will always remember. *reminds herself to give herself to Far in the next exchange so she can have a soy candle*

Archived