DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

D'Con 2009

Covai Seriba

Yeah, I know its a bit early....

But I've already booked my accomodation!  ;D Yup, thats right folks. This crazy Aussie is doing what the devil did and is going down to Georgia looking for some souls to steal...or some DMers to meet, I'm still not sure on the difference there :P

Figured I'd give eveyone a heads this is going to be my first trip, both to D'Con and the Sates. I'm going to pestering everyone closer to the date to come along so can get as many BTers and RPers from DM there as possible. So those of you who are still tossing up what year to come along, make it 2009!

Oh, and I'm also working on getting my Asha'man pins and such ready as well. Still gotta work in the lightning on the sleeves though :P

Tsk, you tease!  No way in heck I can make it next year that I know of, and I did so hope to recruit some more bodygaurds. *sniffles*

Yeah, my bodygaurd cadre is made up of Asha'man.  Two thusfar, but you get the honor of making sure a cute little me doesn't fall in a fountain and drown! :D

*grins* Ask nicely and I may tell you

Don't believe her Covai, she is a tease!  She will make you ask nicely, have you acting like a giant fool and then never tell you while making it seem as if she already did.  At least that has been my experience.  *mutters something under his breath about women* 

All your Asha'man are belong to us! \o/

(had to be done)

:D

Asha'man catch-and-release is totally my favorite part of D*Con.  I was so sad that I couldn't play this year.  But I didn't want to be a sweaty costumed freak when I was interviewing Brandon in front of cameras. :P  So next year I'll have to play extra! :D

But I didn't want to be a sweaty costumed freak when I was interviewing Brandon in front of cameras. :P  So next year I'll have to play extra! :D

But... but but.. that's the standard norm for Con-going!  *giggles*

*Pats Eqwina in his pocket*

So now's the time to mention I'm wearing a T-shirt? :P

Costumed freaks are a must at Conventions like this. Heck, even I'm doing :P Well assuming I can get a black robe with lightning on the sleeves that is. I'm already working on ordering my pins and sword :D

So where's everyone usually stay? I've booked here, and it's cheap as at the moment, and only about a 20min drive from Hyatt Regency Atlana and all that, which is pretty good (Unless I'm REALLY reading these american maps wrong :P)

http://atlantagalleria.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/

Oh yes, costumes are definitely a must.  Just not when trying to make a good first impression and not go all fangirl. :P

I did wear my Amyrlin costume when judging the costume contest, though.  By then I figured the first impression was over and I was safe. :D

Covai, I'd strongly suggest choosing a hotel within walking distance.  You're going to have all sorts of trouble if you try to drive in each day, as several of the streets are closed, and parking will be very limited, and very expensive.  If you can't book at one of the host hotels (Hyatt Regency, Marriott Marquis, Hilton, Sheraton) then consider one of the overflow hotels that are close by.  You can find a full list on the D*Con website: www.dragoncon.org

So does that mean if we avoid photos we avoid blame?  ;D

Thanks for the advice Muir. I'd be catching a cab instead of driving anyways, so parking not the issue, and if traffic's to bad I'll just get out and walk anyways :P (Not my fault you people drive on the wrong side of the road)

Seriously though, since I work for Hyatt I'm able to do the booking directly myself. Comes with having access to the central reservations system :D Hyatt Regency is unavailable at the moment for the weeked, but I've got the option of a booking held at the Grand Hyatt to spoil myself  ;D

DragonCon was absolutely insane this year.  Hundreds of thousands of people.  Everyone drunk 24 hours a day (except me...), crazy costumes, the whole shenanigans.  If you haven't been before, and you plan on going, you will want to go back every year!  It is awesome.  I was working/volunteering at the Funcom - Age of Conan booth this year, so I didn't wear a costume.  Though next year I will bring my 'Dragon Rider' get up. :D

now if i can just get a job at that continent its going to take 10 wild horses to keep me away seeing as i then will have free and have the time to go up and down for a weekend (which wont be posible if i go back to this side so a lot more need to add up then)

covai, sword wise i'd advice you to lend one from someone in the states, acording to my mom at least i cant bet on even geting my hunting knife over there without a lot of beuracratsy cause its a weapon and those follow special import rules...and well with the states being paranoid...well

seriously having been there, prepare for being interviewed before geting on the plain about the most idiotic things, ala what do you do? and to translate what i asume your situation is to that of my sis, your answer would be "student" rigth? next question "oh so what do you tell the teachers?" and from there it just goes even further downhill on the logic to where you wonder what the bloody goats shit is the point of these questions then in relevance to terrorism or whatnot it is they wanna find out about

so yeah joy to the world, at least this time i wont have to deal with it hopefully while stressing inbetween plains, cause i am driving cross the border for my curent upcoming visit...and hopefully *crosses fingers* the canadians is less paranoid, or at least aint asking the most illogical questions to dead tired turists stressing to make their flights

Lii

*ranting*