DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Band Idol (BotRH DM Tour) --> The Illuminators ORG (6th Leg)

Corki

Many warm greetings to our creative friends at the Illuminators! This is the sixth leg of the Band of the Red Hand's tour of DM - our reality show thread called Band Idol. Yes, it is based on the popular TV series that now has international fame.

Each week between the beginning of September and the end of October, the show visits each of the ORGs here at DM. The tour has been to the Wolfkin first, and the Ogier second, the White Tower third, the Black Tower fourth, and we are currently tying up all the loose ends at the Kin.

Throughout the week here, Banders will turn up and fun and games will hopefully spark between us and you. However, come Thursday, we get down to the nitty-gritty business part of the show. The Band's 3 Regiments (the Archers, the Cavalry and the Infantry) are fighting it out for your votes as well as those of the Band's Senior Staff, who are the judges. That is myself, BridMorgan and Direwolf Jon, who was recently added to the list of the Band's Senior Staff.

On Thursday, the three Regiments will post Jak O' the Shadow verses on a selected theme. Then, once all the verses have been posted, you, the members of the Illuminators ORG, will get to have your say as you decide which is the best. The Regiment that accumulates the most votes wins the public vote, and gains 4 points; 2nd picks up 2 points, and 3rd 1 point. The points are the same for the judges. And all these points are added up over the show, and the Regiment that gains the most points wins the show as well as valuable points for our Bi-Monthly Regimental Competition, to see which Regiment is the best.

PLEASE NOTE (1): Banders - the latest you can post your verses is Friday evening (my time). If not, you get nil point (0 points).

PLEASE NOTE (2): Band Members who are also members of the Illuminators cannot vote. I know who you are, so don't cheat!  :P Unless you can come up with a valid excuse why you should be excused!

The results from the trip to the Kin will be posted shortly as the judges get all their views together. For a review of last week's performances from the Band's three Regiments, where the theme was knitting needles, click here.

Also, during our time here, we will invite you to take part in our weekly Tune or No Tune thread. All you need to do is vote whether the chosen song is a Tune (i.e. you love it) or a No Tune (i.e. you hate it). It's very simple - feel free to comment as well. We hold this thread weekly, so feel free to come by and get involved. For an example, here is the thread from the Kin ORG - it was Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac.

Finally, for all Banders, Band Law applies. So if you are lucky enough, you may see a public trial on the Band's boards here!  ;)

Also, you are more than welcome to visit the tour as we go around DM!

I really hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to seeing you take part in our activities and future legs of the tour!

Ahh... brewskis. Sorry no fireworks here. No none at all. *opens the flap on his long black trenchcoat* What kinda fireworks you interested in? I got badonkydonks and badinkydinks, boomers, and whistlers. Cheap. Real cheap. Tell no one.

How bout the dragon ones that will chase some dumpy sadistic skanky witch in Pink outta the banquet hall. Those are always good for a laugh and a shiver.

This is a bit early, but it's done and Felicur and I say.. Why Wait!!? 8) 

Here is the Cavalry entry for your perusal.. ;)

They Paint The Sky

Lets get ready the time is nigh

To watch fireworks dance in the sky

Young and old make awe struck sighs

As they light up Jak o'th' Shadows

Midnight rainbows fall from the sky

They bring a gleam to each childs eye

And old ones who can't say goodbye

To their dance with Jak o'th' Shadows.

Illuminators rush to and fro

To set the masses hearts aglow

They paint the sky in a fiery show

That outshines Jak o'th' Shadows

The nights magicians rockets flare

Bombard the sky and fill the air

With sparkling lights and sound to scare

Like a dance with Jak o' th' Shadows

Fireworks like flowers open out

Then boom and fizzle to screams n'shouts

And then too soon they've all burned out

Like a dance with Jak o'th' Shadows.

Hello Illuminators.....How's the sky for our celebratory visit?

The secrets they keep hidden well

The powder put into the shell

Spies and thieves attempts they quell

To protect from Jak O the Shadows

The crowds will gather in the night

To see the shows explosive might

Illuminators keep things right

To perform with Jak O the Shadows

Fireworks, a thing of wonder

Rumbling sounds, like distant thunder

Tables some may dive right under

To hide from Jak O the Shadows

Brilliant flowers light up the skies

Drawing up all wandering eyes

Expressing awe with joyous cries

To smile with Jak O the Shadows

The show winds down, but do not frown

The finale soon comes around

Rest assured they won't let you down

To cheer with Jak O the Shadows

And in the spirit of the upcoming elections

We'll give this shot for this weeks verse

Your votes we need to win the purse

A blessing I hope, not a curse

To campaign with Jak O the Shadows.

And there we have it! The two Regiments that managed to get entries in! The Infantry will get nothing for no entry being posted. And a quick reminder of the verses for you as you cast your vote:

The Archers

The Cavalry

The Infantry

And you can now vote for your favourite verses. And to vote, just post which Regiment is your favourite. Very simple! :)

And to my fellow judge, let's get critical!

Sam the Sham, oh what a scrub!

He comes out beatin on a tub

To scrounge for votes, so him we dub

The pawn of Jak o'th' Shadows

The last line of a JotS should dance!

No talk of washing Jak's ol' pants

Nor cry, nor laugh or worse to prance

It's a dance with Jak o'th' Shadows

there ya go.. a jots seminar in Iambic Tetrameter.. ;D

heehee good work Manny! :D

*weaves to all the Illuminators*

Hey guys, sorry i'm late coming to this but I was on a short LOA! Greeting from the Cav, hope you enjoyed the JoTS verses from the Cav and archers...though of course more from the Cav! :D

Silly Banders!  ::)

Anyway, the results will be up shortly...once I have finished Day 1 of my latest accountancy course. And that will be later on today, in about 3 hours time hopefully.

Ok, polls are closed, well there really where no polls, but you know what I mean.  Voting is done and the results are in!.

With 2 votes, the Archers pick up 4 points for this weeks part of the Competition.  Despite getting no votes, the Cavalry picks up 2 points.  Sadly the Infantry receive 0 points as there was no entry from them.

Now, the judges vote...

So far, this has been the toughest to judge.  Both entries were great and were similar in story.  Trust me when I say it was a very, very hard decision. 

- With a judges vote of 2 to 1, the winners and picking up 4 points is the Cavalry.

- In second place we have the Archers picking up 2 points.

As I said,  it was a VERY hard decision and the Cav barely beat out the Archers for the win.  Both Regiments have had a great showing over the weeks and their verses just keep getting better and better. 

- In last place, and getting 0 points, is the Infantry. We hope to see an entry this week at the Aiel.  :)

There you have it folks!  Another week of BotRH Idol is over!

Could an Illuminator mod please put this thread in the Band public boards?  Thanks!!

Archived