DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will save the day

For me its Padin Fain, ive always believed he is like gollum in TLOR

Gollum inadvertently fell in the fire (Mount Doom) with the ring.  Yet that was not the end of evil in Lord of the Rings; Saruman was still alive after that.

What do you have in mind for Padan Fain?

Him non-intentionally stabbing the Dark One with his dagger?

Yet Rand is prophesied to be the one who will save; and prophecy generally does become fulfilled in the way it is foretold.

I think a group of people would save Randland, though Rand being the main person.

I have had the theory ever since SH showed up that fain will kill SH.

Loo at what we know, SH blocks channeling, Fain has the idea that he alone is allowed to kill Rand, and with the end of WH in mind, we can get a pretty good idea about what fains knife would do planted in SHs back.

Another way to look at it, would be who makes the way clear for Rand to strike the 'killing blow'. Like Han Solo in Star Wars sent Darth Vader flying so Luke could take his shot.

I could see Fain doing it because of the reasons stated above. I could see Lan carving a way. I could also see Tam fighting alongside Rand and striking a blow to make the way clear also.

SH is mats.

He has the skills, fades are good fighters, and he doesn't rely on channeling plus the medallion should stop any TP tricks SH has.

e.g Walking down to SG, SH comes, Rand gets owned(bleeds all over the rocks), Mat kicks SH arse clearing the way and Rand goes to his destiny.

I dont see Fain at all in the last battle. He doesnt strike me as the type willing to be in the middle of a huge fight. He will definetly have a big and important part to play still since both sides are hunting him. But I dont see him dying either, he will be the joker surviving it all just like Mordeth survived Shadar Logoth.

SH is mats.

He has the skills, fades are good fighters, and he doesn't rely on channeling plus the medallion should stop any TP tricks SH has.

e.g Walking down to SG, SH comes, Rand gets owned(bleeds all over the rocks), Mat kicks SH arse clearing the way and Rand goes to his destiny.

I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Mat v. Shaidar Haran would be like Mat v. Couladin, but awesomer.

I'd love to see Galad kill his idiotic brother.
Which one?

the medallion should stop any TP tricks SH has.
No guarantee the medallion guards against TP.

As for who saves the day, I thought that was obvious. Me, of course.

No guarantee the medallion guards against TP.
No but it makes sense to a certain extent that it would, well it does in my own universe  ;D.
I won't deny the possibility, but bear in mind Mat asked for a way to be free of the One Power. The TP isn't covered by the bargain, so it's up in the air for now.

Oh, Gawyn. Does he actually know that the Dragon is his half brother? I'm not even sure if Rand has really recognised his relation to Galad.
Galad doesn't know, Rand does - or at least he knows Tigraine (Galad's mother) is his mother, so he really must be stupid if he hasn't figured it out.

Archived