DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Planning for the BT / Red RP's

Elgee

Okay, here's the scoop!

Sorry it took a few days, I had to go look everything up to make sure I know what the hell I'm talking about. :D

The 'My Brother's Keeper' RP was meant to be the lead up to the Watcher's RP.  The high point in Watchers was supposed to be when Maegan (then Head) and Muirenn (stilled and bonded to the M'Hael) showed him the ter'angreal of what is basically the founding of the Red Ajah.  It was our 'proof' that our intentions in going into the BT were not meant as an attack, and that we were on a peace mission.

So what went wrong?

Lots.

During the course of the RP the WT Div changed leadership twice, and the BT once.  With both of the WT leadership changes the new folks were either out of the loop on the planning or had other ideas of how they wanted it to play out.  And each time we had massive player attrition.  We lost half our PCs in Watchers in the first changeover, and almost all the rest in the second.  Dali (the M'Hael) quit, Covai went inactive, and the new BT DL was left with the pieces.

I think Covai and I might be the last PCs standing from Watchers. :P  So, yah, we didn't get to do the RP the way we originally wanted.

But!  I talked with Jayde the other day and we figured out a possible resolution.

It is assumed that the bonded sisters were released back to Tar Valon (except Muirenn, who is no longer Aes Sedai, so was outside the scope of negotiations) with their bonds still intact due to Annais's aggressive negotiating.  This is what led her to be elected Amyrlin.  Since the ter'angreal was in Muirenn's, then Maegan's possession, and since the BT didn't have anyone who knew how to work it, or even that it was anything important, it was sent back with the rest of their stuff.  So we've got it back.  Yay us!

I think it would definitely come up in Zarinen's discussion with Shevara, because both would know of it.  And if Zarinen brings it with her when we meet the BT envoys, we can show it to them as well.  And take it back to the BT to show the rest of the BT boys as well.  I think it'd make the more hesitant ones more likely to accept the whole situation, as well as give them a stronger tie to the Reds.

Now it's over! \o/

This sounds good  ;D

Am I correct in thinking that thus far, only the Reds know about the T'A, and what it tells ? Or does the whole WT know about it?

It would be nice to have this knowledge as a kind of "insider" thing, ie only Reds and their Bondeds know about this - it would bind them together more tightly.

(I use the word  Bonded instead of Warder - we'll need a new word for men HOLDING the bond, won't we? Lol)

Reasoning: to the outside world, Reds show a cold, hard, man-hating front. That's not really the whole truth, is it? Especially since the message of the T'A (which I'm sure will have caused quite a bit of turmoil). But no-one else knows this. Now we have these men in our quarters and in our heads - the truth will out. But we are still a very close-knit and private Ajah, so we wouldn't like our secrets spilled out to everyone. Or would we?

Sort of side-note: I can foresee the Reds eventually starting to treat their bondeds like ... Reds. I'm sure the men will soon start grumbling and revolting about being treated like Tower Guards with built-in tracking devices  ;D

I think that as much as possible, it should be kept to the Ajah.  Once the Asha'man are shown, though, there's no controlling what they decide to do with the info.

I also like the idea of eventually treating the BT bonded partners more like Reds.

• 2 weeks later...

*bounces up and down in excitement*

So the opening Salvo is fired!

Ie: the thread where Zarinen goes to the new Amyrlin is up. Zarinen will inform her of the decision to bond Asha'man, the Keeper will also enter the discussion, then Zarinen will inform the Sitters.

The plan is that Reds will approach the BT, asking to bond Asha'man.

Before they can inform the rest of the Reds, the BT boys will rock up.

Here's the opening thread: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,36388.0.html

For those of you wondering about the title, it's from a Disturbed song called The Night. It was a toss-up between that and Indestructible (sic). Both are amazingly ... apt.

Here are the lyrics, just as a bit of superfluous info  :P

http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/disturbed-lyrics/the-night-lyrics.html

http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/disturbed-lyrics/indestructible-lyrics.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We have news!!

Arath is taking over the lead on the RPs until (if) Covai comes back. You can check out what he's done so far here: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,42989.0.html

He estimates that the time of arrival at the White Tower is about 2 to 3 weeks from now. I will be concentrating on this exclusively until my LoA is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ladies and gentleman! The Arrival is imminent (as in Arath is killing Brent right now, so in a few days!), so let's get ourselves organised.

Positions:

Shevara is in her office

Zarinen, the Sitters and the Keeper are in Zarinen's quarters

Maegan and a few other Reds are in a Red garden / courtyard

The BT Boys mistakenly open a gateway in said garden / courtyard.

The Plan of Action:

The POA is that Maegan will immediately realise who these men are. She will demand to know why they are there, Arath will reply that he seeks an audience with the Amyrlin. She will send one Red off to inform the Highest, ask her to round up as many Reds as she can and head for the Amyrlin's office, and will herself go to tell the Amyrlin, whilst setting the rest of the Reds there to watch over the Boys.

Zarinen, the Keeper and the Sitters are all together, having their meeting, but once informed of the arrival of Asha'man wanting to speak to the Amyrlin, immediately rush off to the Amyrlin's study. Shevara has asked Maegan to bring the Boys to her, but Zarinen and co get there just before them. (Have changed that last bit slightly - it's just easier flow to the RP if they are all there already, and the Amyrlin wouldn't see a bunch of Asha'man all by herself.) Arath and one or two others go into the Amyrlin's study to present their offer. The rest wait in her lounge area, with Maegan and the other Reds (we need PSW's) to guard them.

Arath presents his offer of alliance, we all look at each other and nod agreement, Shevara verbally agrees, but insists that the alliance be cemented by members of the Red Ajah being allowed to bond Asha'man. Arath agrees, but counter-demands that some of the Asha'man must be bond-holders. The Reds blink a bit, but Zarinen nods approval, and offers to be one of those on the wrong end of the bond. The Amyrlin, Keeper, Sitters and Highest immediately bond the Asha'man present.

First order of business is that we need NSW players. I'll be putting up a notice asking for a few.

Andrea, you'll be first Red to post in this, and you will be leading the NSW's.

Any questions, anyone?

I hope so too, hon - let me know if you need any help! *snuggles Jagen*

Everyone else is sorted, right? Andrea, you're not wanting to bond right now?

*claps hands and bounces up and down until she realizes that isn't very Aes Sedai like.* Hmmmm yes well, *contains herself* I am very excited about this ladies, I can't wait for everyone to see the caliber of writers we have in this ajah.

1. Got it! I is good with this!

2. Maegan will 'never' bond an Ashie and will remove herself from both Ajah and Tower if that is what it takes. She will have a few ...words for the Highest. Light only knows how poorly this will reflect on Shevara should Maegan learn that she also bonded a man that she will have no control over. (Slight warning to any IC)

*shakes her head sadly*

OOC we all know that the bond doesn't work the same on Asha'man as on "normal" men.

IC, we're all in for a heck of a surprise, and a lot of humorous RPing  ;D