DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Netherlands

Far Dareis Mai

Guest Far Dareis Mai

So, my husband was offered a job in The Netherlands today. He came home and was like, "Do you think you could learn Dutch?" And I was like, "Pfft, why on Earth would I need to do a fool thing like that?" And he said, "Well, I was offered this job, etc."

So after laughing my head off for a good 5 minutes (which is actually a really long time to laugh by yourself), I gave him the look, and any further reply was unnecessary.

But my question becomes, what am I missing in The Netherlands? Anyone know?

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Okay yeah, I guess I'm asking you to think in terms of a married woman with two young children. I care not about prostitutes, or drugs...

Guest Far Dareis Mai

Windmills and clogs would be cool. And the language barrier. I think it would be an interesting place to live for maybe a year, before my kids are old enough to start school...but they want like a 5 year contract with potential to turn into a 10 year from him, and that would make Ashleigh 7 and Norah 5 and some change...and I don't want them away from their family that long. Though to be perfectly honest, if they said Ireland, Britain, Spain, or Australia, I'd probably say: "How soon do you want us there?" ;) Canada too I suppose...I liked Canada the last time I visited. :P

No idea, but for us to get into the United States, passports start in 2009 sometime.

And I don't currently live near Windsor, but its easy for me to get back there for a weekend, as my parents are still there, so as long as its planned with some warning, no issues for me.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI.  The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I would absolutely move to Norway. It sounds like a neat (albeit cold and snowy) place to live. :) Dow however, doesn't have any sites up that way. :(

Archived