Guest Majsju

Well, Rand vs Moridin obviously.

Mat finally taking out the gholam.

Fain killing Shadar Haran.

Perrin killing Fain.

Logain vs Taim

Egwene getting revenge on Aran'gar

Guest Majsju

Perrin vs Slayer would be so lame, and too far-stretched.

Slayer will be killed by Fain before the battle even starts.

And having Perrin kill Fain would tie in nicely with the very emotional scene when Perrin learns that his family is dead, and when he visits their graves. Fain was responsible for that, remember. That's a much better connection to work with than Perrin vs Slayer, who doesn't have any real connection, just a random encounter.

Guest cwestervelt
Perrin vs Slayer would be so lame' date=' and too far-stretched.

Slayer will be killed by Fain before the battle even starts.

And having Perrin kill Fain would tie in nicely with the very emotional scene when Perrin learns that his family is dead, and when he visits their graves. Fain was responsible for that, remember. That's a much better connection to work with than Perrin vs Slayer, who doesn't have any real connection, just a random encounter.[/quote']

I agree with the Perrin/Fain matchup. The one thing that I see preventing it is that, unless it occurs in the last half of KoD he still hasn't learned it was was Fain's Whitecloaks and not Trollocs. To learn that he needs to talk to Dain Bornhold. What are the chances of that conversation would last longer than Dain yelling, "I'm going to kill you" and Perring bashing Dain's head in?

Guest cwestervelt

He knows that yes. He doesn't know that it was Fain that killed his family. He was also told by Haral Luhan and the rest of the Emond's Fielders that it was Trollocs who killed the Aybaras. Dain Bornhold covered up Fain's involvement.

Guest Majsju

Well, that doesn't really matter. We know about Fain's involvment, and that's enough :D

Though, I think Rand is the more likely candidate for taking out fain. I've pictured for a lojg time that it should be something like this: SH toys with a helpless Rand, who can't channel, and can't use his sword against the super-fade. And then fain jumps out from the shadows, shouting something about al'Thor being his, and plunging his knife into SH. And SH turns black. And when Fain puts the dagger in SH, Rand is able to channel again, and blasts Fain into smithereens.

(Unfortunatly Rand uses balefire, which means SH never got killed, and Rand is back to being owned :lol: )

Guest Majsju

I don't agree that there's a "history" between Perrin and Slayer, that was just a random encounter. Slayer had a mission, and Perrin was an annoyance that got in the way for a while.

Demandred yes...Would be fun to see something really unexpected. Like taim taking him out in an attempt to show off to the DO so he'll get promoted to full ranking forsaken.

Or another forsaken taking him out. Seeing two forsaken having a go at eachother would be quite awesome, especially if they started to pull out some really freaky weaves. This could actually happen, now that Semirhage is captured, Meesana seems on the verge of being discovered, so that trio will be majorly weakened. Someone might want to take advantage, maybe Graendal, about time we see her act out in the open. And she's already killed one forsaken... :wink:

some history - as in more then none and a respectible encounter. Perrin definitley knows more about Slayer then most of the other good characters if not all of them. Quit splitting hairs. Its definitely more legitimate then any other encounter he has had. Fain on Rand. Ghloam for Mat. Slayer for Perrin. Very neat very tidy and much better then several alternatives besides Fain.

Guest Majsju

With history, I mean something like Moghedien being royally pissed at Nynaeve, something that gives a character motivation to go out of their way to get to someone.

Slayer would most likely not go for Perrin if he had another job to do. Perrin might try to kill Slayer on sight, but the only realistic way of that happening would be for perrin to see Slayer in T'A'R without being seen himself, and put an arrow in his back.

But it should be Fain vs Slayer, since that hunt has been firmply placed on several occasions.

Something else I'd find funny to see would be either Cyndane or Moghedien when Rand kills Moridin, and the effects of the mindtrap being destroyed. That, or if Rand manages to kill Moridin without breaking them, and after wards taking Cyndane's mindtrap. That would be very fun, though not very likely to happen.

Guest cwestervelt
rand vs. mordin

perrin vs. Shaidar Haran (sp?)

mat vs. fain

lan vs. Isam

Logain vs. Taim

All other remaining aes sedai will distract and/or kill remaining forsaken while Rand goes after Mordin

The Rand vs Moridin is obvious. The Lan vs. Isam somewhat due to the cousins thing.

But why Perrin vs Shaidar Haran? There really isn't any connection between them.

I also don't see any reason to say Mat vs Fain. Mat has been completed seperated from the Dagger. There's nothing else that would cause a head-to-head between them.

Before I began posting on here I just read the forums. I can't remember who, but somwhere someone said something about king of wolves vs. King of Mydradal, just something that seemed to make sense to me. Mat vs. Fain I think will be because Mat will either be attacked by Fain because at the moment he can't get to Rand and Mat is close bye, or Mat see's Fain trying to get to Rand, and goes into the battle to save Rand.

• 2 months later...

O boy. Get ready. I have ALOT of matchups.

ok..........

rand vs. moridin Chel Vanin vs. whoever wants to take him on. Mat vs. shaidar haran. Lan vs. any evil warder moiraine vs. cyndane perrin vs some darkhounds nynave finally facing liandrin once and for all egwene vs. ar'angar(or whichever one was Halima) Logain vs. Taim eaganin and bale against some darkfreinds, mat vs. Fain, masema vs. masema aviendha vs. semirhage ryne(reborn by the dark one) vs shaidar haran vs. gareth bryne and then, at the very end......... Rand vs. Shai'tan

• 2 weeks later...
When did he channel? I'm not saying he can't use the TP, but when did he?

It's not confirmed that he has actually channeled, but what he did during the meeting with Mesaana and Alvhiarin on COT (A Mark) looked suspiciously close to channeling. It may have been something different of course, we know that the DO has put a bit of himself into SH, whihc could include powers that can have a similar effect to channeling without actually being channeling.

Thats what I always assumed it was, something totally new. The Forsaken (except for Moridin) seem to be totally shocked by what Shaidar Haran can do. It may be the True Power, but I don't think he uses it in the same way as a human would. When a human shields someone, they can still SENSE the source, they just can't get to it. When SH does his thing, its like the Source isn't even there anymore. Its like he creates a mini-stedding (in effect, I'm not saying his ability is related to stedding, but the effect is the same).

Archived