DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[MOVIE] Iron Man 2 News and Gossip

Emperor

Paramount pulled out all the stops for the Iron Man DVD launch this week with Jon Favreau sitting down with a major contingent of online press to talk about plans for the sequel and beyond. Amongst the facts gleaned: - Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard are all set to reprise their roles.

- The "Demon in a Bottle" storyline, if included, will form the basis of the third film and not the immediate sequel.

- Rhodey (Terrence Howard) may become 'War Machine' in the next one with the armor being developed for the character.

- Iron Man's armor may also be updated for the next film.

- There's hope to include IMAX 3D sequences in the sequel depending upon budgeting concerns.

- Favreau sees 'The Mandarin', the Asian crimelord arch-nemesis from the comics, as this film series equivalent of the Emperor from the original "Star Wars" trilogy. He'll likely be in the background more visibly in the first sequel but won't show up in full until a third or fourth film.

- The reason for the delay is that Favreau is trying to avoid over-exposing the character, and figuring out how to fit his mystical elements into a real world context.

- Favreau does intend to include background links to the likes of Hulk and Captain America in the sequel, but finds Thor a little difficult to do so.

- Justin Theroux and Favreau are at work developing the story right now.

- Favreau's Happy Hogan character will be involved more extensively.

Awesome, I was totally stoked over the first one.  I wonder how and if this one will deal with the alcoholism issues, and the redemption of Tony Stark, ya know since they are bringing in War Machine and all.  I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the armors.  I wonder if they will do one of the hulkbuster suits.

Yeah there was an actual story arc called demon in a bottle where TS shows up in a fight drunk, and ends up walking away from Stark Enterprises and Iron Man.  He basically goes homeless for a stint, and Rhodey ends up wearing the suit for a bit.  Afterwards he gets the War Machine suits, when TS comes back. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm loving the new cast:  Mickey Rourke, Don Cheadle, and Scarlett Johansson. 

The special effect for Whiplash look AWESOME!  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this (Iron Man) might be the best comic book adaptation I've ever seen...or Batman.  One or the other.  Either way though, this looks like it might be better than the first, and if it is, I might poop my pants.

Archived